Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pug Speedfight 1 Steering Lock jammed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

ChrisMorgana
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:13 - 02 Jan 2012    Post subject: Pug Speedfight 1 Steering Lock jammed Reply with quote

Hey all,

New to Scoots and this forum, bought myself a Peugeot Speedfight and all was well purchasing it, however when I got it home (in boot of the car) the steering was fine until I pulled the key out and it seems to have locked the steering will go all the way to the right but not go past centre just stops close!

I have had the front off it but with the Rad and a plastic cover is stopping me getting to the barrel, am I on the money thinking the steering lock is jammed? How do I get it free again?

Any advice please that would be awesome!
Cheers,
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 02 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the key still go in and turn the engine on?
most bikes have a steering lock on them which is activated by removing the key.
maybe try turning the steering thru the freeplay while trying to turn the key?
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
,"Alpha-9: Is there any correlation between dyno rod and dyno kits?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimmyRS
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:50 - 02 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol your describing a steering lock, as above said, put the key back in and turn it while moving it through the freeplay you have and itll release. If you dont want the steering lock on, just leave it in the off position in the ignition barrel, one before the steering lock Razz

banditride
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:02 - 03 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

happend to mien when i got my speedfight what happend was were the ignition barrel is is some weird.. box.. thing and my steering lock bolt had snapped off and fell into there i could turn right but not left at all i had to strip the front and get a screw driver to get the bolt out and it was a right bitch to get out hope this helps
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1