Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I'm a real biker now!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 17:34 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: I'm a real biker now! Reply with quote

I just passed my full bike test today! Thumbs Up Very Happy Sat the DAS training course from the beginning of the week. Didn't expect to be up to standard so quickly, but the instructors were really strict which helped me quite alot. So the L plates have now gone and the NSR is going immediately up for sale.

I got 6 minors on the test. Just a bunch of silly mistakes with signals and mirrors etc... no 2 minors were for the same thing luckily. But a pass is a pass so I'm not complaining.

/me dreams of a new bike..... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 17:35 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one matey, well done.

Thumbs Up

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 17:50 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate. Thumbs Up

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:53 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one dude. Thumbs Up

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:01 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate Dance! Thumbs Up

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 18:24 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 21:18 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you mate Thumbs Up Very Happy
So, what's on the shopping list?

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 21:25 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just met up with Sash a few hours ago (a BCF member) to look at her GSXR400R. It was very nice. Had a wee go round the town and back. Very trusting of them to let me. Twisted Evil Gave the throttle a good twist or two on any straight road I could. It's certainly faster than the yahama diversion 600 I was learning on. Nice little bike. I couldn't find fault in it anyway. So I've just got to sell the NSR and I'll likely buy this. Had a nice scorpion exhaust on it and sounded lovely. Thumbs Up Smile

Anyone had any experience with these bikes?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:57 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Congratulations.

Annas other half has a GSXR400.

All the best

Keith

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 02 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done dude. I might know someone interested in your bike. If they are willing to travel that is. Confused

Edit: Ouch just realised exactly how far away your are. Laughing

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:17 - 02 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done dude Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 10:16 - 02 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaphodBeeble wrote:
Ouch just realised exactly how far away your are. Laughing

Damn! Yeah I'm really far away. Thanks for giving it a thought though. One bonus though... I checked on bike trader and there's not an NSR, RS or Mito for at least 130 miles from me. Should make selling alot easier.

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 02 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah cool nice one. Hope you get what you want for it. Thumbs Up Smile

Sash
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:42 - 02 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nearly cried as ProX disappeared out onto road Rolling Eyes

Weird sensation seing you're pride and joy being taken out by a prospective buyer!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaphodBeeble wrote:
Ah cool nice one. Hope you get what you want for it. Thumbs Up Smile

Give me a month and i "might" be selling my old rust bucket and trading it in for a nc30 ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

BTW ProXimaCore how picky are the examiners on the test ?

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 22:03 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilldic_mossy wrote:

Very picky I'd say. There's things marked against me that I could swear I done right. Both instructors that I had said that particular examiner almost never gives a clean sheet. I went out and rode my bike from 10am right till 1pm when I had to go to for my pre test lesson just to make sure I passed. The sooner you get your lessons started the sooner you'll have an idea of what you need to do so you can go practice it in your own time.

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProXimaCore wrote:
lilldic_mossy wrote:

Very picky I'd say. There's things marked against me that I could swear I done right. Both instructors that I had said that particular examiner almost never gives a clean sheet. I went out and rode my bike from 10am right till 1pm when I had to go to for my pre test lesson just to make sure I passed. The sooner you get your lessons started the sooner you'll have an idea of what you need to do so you can go practice it in your own time.

My 33 bhp test is on the 25th of this month with a lesson in the morning and a lesson the day before, hopefully this will be enough as i've been riding since november/ish

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 22:14 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilldic_mossy wrote:
My 33 bhp test is on the 25th of this month with a lesson in the morning and a lesson the day before, hopefully this will be enough as i've been riding since november/ish

If you're doing it on your own bike then yeah that's probably enough. Best of luck to you. Hope you pass. Smile The day I passed my test, all 4 people that day passed. They also said there hasn't been a failed learner from their training school in the last 10 tests. Not bad. Kind of made me feel more nervous though. Didn't want to be the one that ruined the good run.

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 04 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProXimaCore wrote:
lilldic_mossy wrote:

If you're doing it on your own bike then yeah that's probably enough. Best of luck to you. Hope you pass. Smile The day I passed my test, all 4 people that day passed. They also said there hasn't been a failed learner from their training school in the last 10 tests. Not bad. Kind of made me feel more nervous though. Didn't want to be the one that ruined the good run.

I'm doing it on the cb125 from the bevans cardiff (where i did the CBT) as i find it alot more easier to ride and handle it then my ns125r.
Seems smoother with a four stroke then a 2 stroke .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1