Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Witness the fitness - Rollapaluza & Goldsprints

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 09 Feb 2012    Post subject: Witness the fitness - Rollapaluza & Goldsprints Reply with quote

Any one on here want to find out their personal RPM?

Rollapaluza national series started last night with the London qualifiers.

More info here
https://www.rollapaluza.com/nationals/

Me beasting myself last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0mgWENxyw

jackw72
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 10 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win you beast! Thumbs Up

How much cycling do you do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:45 - 10 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I lost) but thanks all the same, i think beast is a compliment!

I did put in the fastest female qualifying time, which when compared to the very fast male times wouldn't of even placed me. there's a distinct lack of women into the rollapaluza, which is a shame. Pub + beer + beat the clock = fun!

This time last year i'd done little cycling but often over the previous two years, so i had a steady level of fitness but not great. On the eve of this year's qualifiers i've had a dislocated knee, two broken ribs and a severe case of the lazies in the past 9 months Laughing ...so not feeling optimistic but it's a fun night in the pub regardless.

If there's a round local to you, giving it a go really is great fun and you may even surprise yourself!

2011 Nationals Midland round (Birmingham) results
https://www.rollapaluza.com/birmingham-national-series-qualifier/

2011 Nationals final results
https://www.rollapaluza.com/rollapaluza-national-series-finale-2011/

rollapaluza
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:18 - 11 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed the event.

We had 21 women take part in London out of 76 participants, so just over 30% .....this is about the usual percentage for our events, we're pretty sure that this is higher than most cycling events and we'd love to see more!

results and photos here: https://www.rollapaluza.com/london-national-series-qualification-2012/

jackw72
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 12 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple wrote:
(I lost) but thanks all the same, i think beast is a compliment!

I did put in the fastest female qualifying time, which when compared to the very fast male times wouldn't of even placed me. there's a distinct lack of women into the rollapaluza, which is a shame. Pub + beer + beat the clock = fun!

This time last year i'd done little cycling but often over the previous two years, so i had a steady level of fitness but not great. On the eve of this year's qualifiers i've had a dislocated knee, two broken ribs and a severe case of the lazies in the past 9 months Laughing ...so not feeling optimistic but it's a fun night in the pub regardless.

If there's a round local to you, giving it a go really is great fun and you may even surprise yourself!

You took part so you are a winner Mr. Green
Beast is definitely a compliment from a man for sure. Women usually don't see it as a very feminine comment Laughing

Congrats on the qualifying time, I am not trying to be a sexist but in sport men are generally faster/stronger etc so I think it is unfair to compare in that way. You were the fastest women that is an awesome achievement Thumbs Up

I imagine the lack of women (which is the case in most sports unfortunately) is just because a large percentile wouldn't love to go down the pub and exercise. Those types are a very rare, special and wonderful type Wink

I am sure once you get enough beer in you, your injuries will be no worry Mr. Green

The nearest one to me in Reading I believe is in London which is not really worth the journey IMO I am afraid Sad Which is a shame as I have done a lot of cycling over the last year and am more of a sprinter.

Maybe we could get some sort of BCF team going for this Mr. Green Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:54 - 12 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollapaluza wrote:
Glad you enjoyed the event.

We had 21 women take part in London out of 76 participants, so just over 30% .....this is about the usual percentage for our events, we're pretty sure that this is higher than most cycling events and we'd love to see more!

results and photos here: https://www.rollapaluza.com/london-national-series-qualification-2012/

Ooo welcome to BCF, don't venture into the 'last post wins' thread in this section. You WILL have nightterrors!

On a side note... how did you find this post.

I enjoyed the Brum event as I didn't go with the intention of taking part, the last minute decision to pop down to London in the car for the finals was exactly that, if i'd have had time to think about it, I'd of chickened out, i'm sure!

Miss Socks was an excellent bird to go up against, we were sat outside the pub having a ''fresh air'' when we were called in for the finals ha!

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:58 - 12 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackw72 wrote:

You took part so you are a winner Mr. Green
Beast is definitely a compliment from a man for sure. Women usually don't see it as a very feminine comment Laughing

Congrats on the qualifying time, I am not trying to be a sexist but in sport men are generally faster/stronger etc so I think it is unfair to compare in that way. You were the fastest women that is an awesome achievement Thumbs Up

I imagine the lack of women (which is the case in most sports unfortunately) is just because a large percentile wouldn't love to go down the pub and exercise. Those types are a very rare, special and wonderful type Wink

I am sure once you get enough beer in you, your injuries will be no worry Mr. Green

The nearest one to me in Reading I believe is in London which is not really worth the journey IMO I am afraid Sad Which is a shame as I have done a lot of cycling over the last year and am more of a sprinter.

Maybe we could get some sort of BCF team going for this Mr. Green Thumbs Up

If you book your ticket on the train now it'll be super cheap - no excuses Laughing

Unfortunatly the trains out of brum finish quite early, we had to sprint for the train after the quals last year and only just made it! god I felt ill on the 5 mile ride from the train station to home!

I tend to chose 'male' sports because of the lack of women as *incoming mass generalistation* I don't get on with / can't really tolerate girlier girls. So shooting, working dogs, riding motorbikes and mountain biking are my escape! Laughing Karma

I was well chuffed with my times and other stats, I do like a good analysis. Cool

jackw72
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:41 - 12 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple wrote:
If you book your ticket on the train now it'll be super cheap - no excuses Laughing

Unfortunatly the trains out of brum finish quite early, we had to sprint for the train after the quals last year and only just made it! god I felt ill on the 5 mile ride from the train station to home!

I tend to chose 'male' sports because of the lack of women as *incoming mass generalistation* I don't get on with / can't really tolerate girlier girls. So shooting, working dogs, riding motorbikes and mountain biking are my escape! Laughing Karma

I was well chuffed with my times and other stats, I do like a good analysis. Cool

Haha I am saving for a flight return to Florida on 2nd March so is not for me and of course still paying Christmas off.

You should have cycled all the way home afterwards Mr. Green

They are some very good escapes! Do you work dogs or walk dogs coincidentally? Razz I am roadie when it comes to bikes, I like the speeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Knowing statistically how awesome you are is a good thing, helps a lot with performance and improvements.

Do you do any sportives on your cycle?
Karma Thumbs Up

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:55 - 12 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get 'into' road bikes, too many near misses with careless cage drivers. Keep the push bikes muddy and the R1 for the tarmac.

Dogs: both, got 6 of my own at the moment. Shooting season has just finished so back to cycling with them mainly with the odd day on the pigeons/clays (I have a dog who retrieves the unbroken clays lol)

jackw72
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 12 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You m'am have an awesome dog and life it would seem.

For road bikes get a few friends and do a sportive, the banter, competitiveness and achievement factor were enough for me. But, yes it is full of almost death (just like motorcycles) but that is part of the fun for me.

One memory I still hold dear is 2 friends and I taking a steep descent for about 4 miles and touching 50 mph for a while now that was an amazing feeling... Oh and being stung by a wasp mid ride, that was interesting.

Maybe I shall invite you to our next, don't worry we are poo at cycling now the summer has gone Mr. Green

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 23 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, still don't fancy the road bike thing. But I will be racing cycle speedway this year. woop!

Just a bump. this is tomorrow night people. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1