Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Extensive Cadwell Pics

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 21:56 - 06 Apr 2004    Post subject: My Extensive Cadwell Pics Reply with quote

hmm well at least they're not blurry Smile I got some video too, will upload it when I get a chance.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/cadwell3.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/cadwell2.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 21:58 - 06 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

and

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=3542
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:12 - 06 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everyone did have a good time etc?

I told the southerners that they /should/ ride and that's what Alex would want. But for various very reasonable reasons they didn't want to... though it /did/ annoy alex that they didn't.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 23:40 - 06 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, although on the first two it looks like he is riding on grass. Laughing

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 23:49 - 06 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
it /did/ annoy alex that they didn't.

If we'd gone to Cadwell he wouldn't have got his cola scented pen, would he?

Nuff said.

In the end, we care about him more than we care about a trackday. Yeah, yeah I know, pass the hankies, but the bottom line is, it's true.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:08 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
In the end, we care about him more than we care about a trackday. Yeah, yeah I know, pass the hankies, but the bottom line is, it's true.

I know its a bit Geigh but I agree 100% with Bendy. Plus how much would we be concentrating on our riding after an hours sleep and knowing that our mates are in intensive care? If thats not a recipie for disaster I don't know what is.

British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 00:22 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
... though it /did/ annoy alex that they didn't.

At least Alex won't be annoyed at Mike, Nige and myself then.

Cool pics Phoenix, hope you get the video up soon. Thumbs Up
Keith also took a massive amount of pics which I will get round to sorting and uploading soon.

2 so far....
https://www.escapethewomb.com/~crotchrockets/cadwell/hairpin.JPG
https://www.escapethewomb.com/~crotchrockets/cadwell/hallsmike.JPG

Last edited by Stew on 10:21 - 07 Apr 2004; edited 1 time in total

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 00:40 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Keith, show me up why dont you Crying or Very sad

Altho in my defence the wind was unbearable, I could barely stand still let alone hold a camera straight, my video is erm....awful. I'll try and chop the non wobbly bits out.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 13:28 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... Alex. When did you get there?

Stew

PostPosted: 13:46 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must've been just after you left Question The pictures Phoenix took were of the last Novice Session. No one even bothered with the faster groups final session (it was hailing a bit).

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 14:25 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Dean, I turned up right at the end, sorry, went to see family in Horncastle though which was just down the road which was I went mainly.

Stew

PostPosted: 12:22 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got round to sorting through the 637 ( Shocked )pictures that Keith took. Got it down to around 100 by selecting some at random. These probably aren't a selection of the 'best' photos as I just selected some and removed others (there were loads of Mike and myself).

Anyway, you can see them here.

Cheers for the quality pics Keith. Thumbs Up

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 18:39 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What camera do you use Keith? I want to do a track now! (Will they take crap slow people on crap slow bikes? Confused )

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:45 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Go to one of the really far north ones too. Spend a couple of nights up there. I'll look after things around home for you.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:24 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby has snags Razz
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 20:34 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are some good pictures well done to those that took them.

I for one had a really good time on the track, the first session I was a bit wobbly around the bends as I got used to them. Second session I improved loads, getting right knee down on quite a few of the bends.

Third session was the best, Finally managed to crack the left knee virginity and found the CBR250 was outbreaking and out cornering alot of the big bikes (even a 2004 R1 Wink ) By the final session I was ready to go home, legs were very sore and wasn't looking forward to the 160 mile ride home!

Was a bit fragile the next two days but it was worth it. Anyone concidering a track day don't do it, they are way to addictive Cool Can't wait for my next one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew

PostPosted: 21:59 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Mike, when we doing Cadwell again? Wink
Like Mike said it is amazingly addictive and I would love to do it again, preferably on my own bike this time (the stoopid thing decided it didn't want to run around Cadwell with me and broke down on the way). In some ways it was perhaps better that I was on the VFR and had to push the bike a little more although I still couldn't keep up with Mike Embarassed .

Fave moment for me was when mike and myself were over taken by an R6 on the straight only for us both to go round it again on the next corner..... me on the outside, mike on the inside. Thumbs Up

Oh and as for feeling fragile, I was absolutely knackered, sore legs and wrists for the two days afterwards, but this was partly due to being crammed onto the NC30 (although I had never suffered before).

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 23:01 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
robby has snags Razz

Robby's got issues. Wink

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 00:12 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should absolutely come on the CB Major. Goose says he'll come on the Bros if you do. Thumbs Up

And I'm up for doing Cadwell as soon as possible, May anyone?

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 00:51 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
May anyone?

Sounds good Thumbs Up

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 03:50 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be up for squeezing a sly one in for May b4 the 400gb one Twisted Evil but only if the VFR is ready.

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 11:33 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
You should absolutely come on the CB Major. Goose says he'll come on the Bros if you do. Thumbs Up

And I'm up for doing Cadwell as soon as possible, May anyone?

I know but Goose already knows how to go round corners quickly and ride properly. I would feel strange if there weren't school run Mums in 4x4s doing U turns in front of me and piles of horse shit for me to dodge. Rolling Eyes The closest I get to a knee down is when I take the chain off the back wheel of my bike each morning. Laughing

Maybe I'll just go for it if the money situation is looking good and people promise not to laugh at me for being slow and crap.

Oh the low self esteme and confidence is quite pitiful! Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Stew

PostPosted: 13:18 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:

Maybe I'll just go for it if the money situation is looking good and people promise not to laugh at me for being slow and crap.

That is the exact reason why you should do a trackday, at least thats why I did one. No one expects you to be Rossi in the Novice group at a trackday. I was slow, but I had fun so I don't care Smile .

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 14:55 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bloody slow on the Blade! Hope to be better next time having that bit more confidence.
Wonder if they'll let me go on the MZ? Very Happy

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 10:06 - 10 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grooves - you ain't slow.

Remember, I rode with you down at Boxhill when you'd only just got the CB5 and you were doing fine that day, now that you've had it a bit you'll probably embarass a few people (including me). And I recall you saying that the police rider you rode with on the Bikesafe thing reckoned you were pretty quick too.

Yeah, the bigger sportsbikes will probably have you down the straight, but round the corners...

Besides, trackdays are all about pushing *your* limits. I didn't overtake a single thing last time, but was happy that by the end of the day I was keeping up rather than being passed by all and sundry. And I had fun, which is what matters. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2