Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Totally New Needing help :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fellony
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:25 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Totally New Needing help :( Reply with quote

Hi there, i've been readin through forums, and it's a really great site, and really wanting to get into biking, i turn 17 in 2 weeks and looking to buy an NSR125 maybe, i'm going to need to visit my dad who is currently in a care home as he's disabled. Anyhow i'm looking for any advice on getting started as i've never ridden before, once i got my provisional, what are the next steps?
Thankyou for any advice given Smile

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 12:28 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Once you have your provisional, you need to take a one day course called a CBT. Where I live (Herts) this generally costs around £95 and includes bike hire for the day. You can find places that do this in the yellow pages, they'll all say "CBT" in their adverts under "Motorcycle Training".

When you have your CBT (you can't fail, it's a course not a test) you can ride any bike up to 14.6bhp and a maximum of 125cc. A restricted NSR is fine here.

At this stage it's best to pass your full bike test. As you are only 17 you'd be limited to 33bhp for 2 years with an unlimited cc restriction. After the 2 years you can ride whatever you want.

Fellony
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:51 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty Vmuch, cnt w8 to get started Very Happy

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 14:02 - 13 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, forgot to mention, anything you ride before you pass your full test you must display L-plates on.

But you probably knew this anyway. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1