Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Visor water repellent.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Do you use visor treatments and how much would you pay?
Yes- I would pay £15-20
30%
 30%  [ 31 ]
Yes- But I wouldn't pay £15-20
48%
 48%  [ 49 ]
No I wouldn't use them
21%
 21%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 102

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 26 Jun 2012    Post subject: Re: Visor water repellent. Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Nothing puts me off of a product more than exaggerative claims, I do not believe that any spray/wipe will last 2 years on a visor.

Agreed, and that is why I would not pay more than about £5.99 for something like this.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 26 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
How about when a bug smushes on the visor and you have to wipe it off immediately and the chitin scratches through the repellent? A few of those and you'll be back to having a compromised and dirty visor, needing to be washed under the tap on a weekly basis like any regular un-treated visor.

Nomatter how clean you think it is it's aye got some chitin

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update to this.
So my visor has been done a fair while now, and got caught out in the rain the other day and it still works as good as when applied.
There are two members on here currently using the kit and so far I have had good feedback, one has had 2 months so far with no problems.

Heres a video I made of the product on glass,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvsN80_I9PY&feature=plcp
00:32:08 Blau Zedong: yes, i am a massive CB400 fan and collector
00:33:00 Blau Zedong: the CB400 is my favourite road bike

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally. I think you should approach the BBC and get on Dragons Den. If your product is good, you stand to get hefty instant investment and lots of exposure let alone the help of a huge entrepreneur which could really skyrocket the product and in doing so, make you rich.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:45 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

pits wrote:
There are two members on here currently using the kit

Who? Don't tell us that there are two suuuuper seeeecret members using it and not expect to get asked. Very Happy

pits wrote:

Honestly? What I'm seeing there is water running off of clean glass, and leaving some water beads behind. It's not super convincing. Maybe a half-and-half comparative demonstration?

thepuma wrote:
Personally. I think you should approach the BBC and get on Dragons Den. If your product is good, you stand to get hefty instant investment and lots of exposure let alone the help of a huge entrepreneur which could really skyrocket the product and in doing so, make you rich.

SURE is not serious.

Dragon's Den is entertainment. If you go on without an established product/business, or a patent, or exclusive rights to a distinctive trademark, then you're there to be mocked.

A long lasting premium product sold to a relatively small market (active wet weather bikers) without (I assume) rock solid exclusive UK rights to sell it? That's not going to end well.

Ever see Martin's Jerked Meats on it? They ripped the piss out of him mercilessly, said that (paraphrasing) he looked filthy and that they wouldn't eat anything he'd touched. The poor guy had no idea, he hadn't even watched it (more fool him) and thought that the worst case was that any publicity would be good publicity - turns out that's not true.

Best result without an established business is that a few bikers see it and think "Eh, should get some more RainX" (I'm thinking that right now...). You'd need the business already set up and poised to fulfil orders immediately, in the literal sense of immediate, i.e. as it airs, in order to exploit it in any way. And that just shifts some stock that you've already paid for.

Anyway, when do we get to buy this wonder spooge? I've got more money than sense, market it to me. Wink

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
pits wrote:
There are two members on here currently using the kit

Who? Don't tell us that there are two suuuuper seeeecret members using it and not expect to get asked. Very Happy

Recluso and PhilDawson

pits wrote:

Quote:
Honestly? What I'm seeing there is water running off of clean glass, and leaving some water beads behind. It's not super convincing. Maybe a half-and-half comparative demonstration?

No problem, I have just picked up a big bit of glass which is ready to be done so will post that up Thumbs Up

thepuma wrote:

As Roger says, it is a load of crap made for TV, I have no doubts in the product, has actually been used a lot of places now, most notable the trackside cameras at Silverstone which we did for the F1.

I just don't want to part with a percentage of my business which we have all worked hard for

Quote:

Anyway, when do we get to buy this wonder spooge? I've got more money than sense, market it to me. Wink

I already have a few kits here ready to go, just trying to find better boxes to package it in, surprisingly difficult to find decent boxes which look good and function properly, the black ones are too big, the white ones are alright but I don't really like them.
[/quote]

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I use a Pinlock (Shoei lids come with them usually) which are perfect for me. However, my iridium visor didn't come with one so I use treatment on it (I don't use it in bad enough weather to warrant a pinlock). I would be interested in a better solution than what I currently have.

Efes123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question. If you don't like the effect, how easy is it to remove from your visor?

Recluso
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:36 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yar, I use it. I'm awful for forgetting to reapply stuff after getting caught in a heavy shower so something I could put on and leave for a while appealed to me immediately.

So far have been very impressed. I've been caught out a couple of times now (notably in the depths of Wales the other week) and found the visor was clearing very quickly, even in more drizzly spray type rain.

IMO £15 or so isn't much to spend on a product you only need to apply once in a while and comes with enough to provide several applications. A cheapy bottle of something is fine if you have to reapply it every other day but the fact is you're paying for convenience AND practicality.

With regards to cleaning, I have found lukewarm water through a small spray bottle most effective. That includes bug parts. I use a small microfibre cloth to wipe away any debris and the visor generally comes up very clean and I have to apply very little pressure if I leave the water to soak a minute or two.

I for one have every intention of buying it again once I run out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, if this stuff is proven to work I would buy it. Biking is my only form of transport and I ride a 42 round mile trip to work. Also, I live in the Isle of Man and if you know anything about this place you will know we only have approx 5 dry days per year if we're lucky.

Hope it works out for you and good luck!

Ps. I would be willing to take a punt and buy a bottle anytime.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

£15 is just far too much for this sort of thing in my view.
But then, I think most motoring products cost too much.
That's nearly three hours' wages for me. I'll just turn my head sideways or use the finger on my glove, to be honest.

Blackwolf
Burgerfist

PostPosted: 19:49 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
£15 is just far too much for this sort of thing in my view.
But then, I think most motoring products cost too much.
That's nearly three hours' wages for me. I'll just turn my head sideways or use the finger on my glove, to be honest.

Yes but you also have long girly hair.. So that's null and void Wink

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackwolf wrote:

Hm? I once had long hair. Not for a few years now. Or am I missing some reference?

Blackwolf
Burgerfist

PostPosted: 20:03 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
Blackwolf wrote:

Hm? I once had long hair. Not for a few years now. Or am I missing some reference?

I may have just confused you with someone else from the BCF BBQ 1.0.... Whistle Doh!

Laughing sorry....

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 18 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackwolf wrote:
I may have just confused you with someone else from the BCF BBQ 1.0.... Whistle Doh!

Laughing sorry....

Winner. I'm the bloke in the checked shirt / blue fleece in BBQ2 pictures.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 5 years, 14 days between these two posts...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:24 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it ready yet?

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainPal will arrive first

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:42 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it compatible with Rainpal®?

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Is it compatible with Rainpal®?

Rainpal®™© is compatible with everything, even rhinos

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pits opens this thread...
rainpal idea comes out

pits is adam aarons

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pits is kappagamma?

CaNsA is in prison.

Adams Arron is many. Many is legion.

Ste at least 27% of the hate speakers.

The world is flat.

RainPal will save lives.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:08 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for update, still working on a few things and testing in real world and advanced testing, nothing I am happy to put out yet as well as having the time to sit down and actually make products takes a lot of time with getting correct dispersion, made one which was amazing which lasted ages and ages and bordered on super hydrophobic, but within a few hours the product had separated and required heating and magnetic stirring to get it back together, which is fine for me to do but not for anyone who doesn't have a hotplate magnetic stirrer.

I do have a pretty good cleaning solution which does add some hydrophobic properties, but I've never really got around to marketing it properly as I do so many different things it's just so hard to find the time, it's also mostly why I don't get back on here.

Failing that, I believe there is Rainpal Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pits wrote:
As for update, still working on a few things and testing in real world and advanced testing, nothing I am happy to put out yet

Waiting for a rainy day? Maybe club together with Adam and get a cloudbuster?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:10 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pits wrote:
As for update, still working on a few things and testing in real world and advanced testing, nothing I am happy to put out yet as well as having the time to sit down and actually make products takes a lot of time with getting correct dispersion, made one which was amazing which lasted ages and ages and bordered on super hydrophobic, but within a few hours the product had separated and required heating and magnetic stirring to get it back together, which is fine for me to do but not for anyone who doesn't have a hotplate magnetic stirrer.

Classic Aarons. Thumbs Up

Come on, we're literally dying to get this wonder spooge.

The real question is: when did Walloper get un-banned, and why is he also allowed a 2nd account (MCN)?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 14 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we extract essence of Tony Blair, Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin and apply that to a visor?

Guaranteed no shit will stick to that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4