Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My Right To a Parking Space!?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:36 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: My Right To a Parking Space!? Reply with quote

I'm sat outside City Hall waiting for my other half, only been here 10-15 mins and already 4 cars stopped and asked if I was going to move.
WTF? I'm taxed, tested and fully licenced - I've got just as much right to a parking space as you, ya tosser!!

Do you find that cagers often expect right of way when they see a bike as wasting parking space??

I'm usually pretty laid back, but been really cheesed off by those inconsiderate w@nkers today - and prob doesn't help that it's feckin' freezing this morning
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

edb
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:39 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'd ask you to move if I saw you sat on the thing. Much like if you see someone getting into a car you assume they're going to go, they probably thought you were about to leave.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:52 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sat on a bench next to the parking spaces, with helmets on the floor next to me, if that makes a difference?
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:53 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell them, yes I'll move but not at this precise moment, now fuck off. Thumbs Up
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:58 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like they put spotted someone who looked like they might be leaving (near to their vehicle) and thought they'd ask. Remember there's a tendency to shout from inside cars due to the noise so that may explain any off tone you think you heard.

Perfectly normal, don't read too much into it, unless they actually told you to get out the space then you could tell them to cock off.
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

edb
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazbo666 wrote:
I'm sat on a bench next to the parking spaces, with helmets on the floor next to me, if that makes a difference?

In that case they can sod off and look for another space.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazbo666 wrote:
I'm sat on a bench next to the parking spaces, with helmets on the floor next to me, if that makes a difference?
Lay next to the bike groaning with tomato sauce splashed all over your legs and they will leave you alone.
____________________
Blackmail is a nasty word........but not as nasty as phlegm!
XT1200Z and a DR350 in bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

edb wrote:
Dazbo666 wrote:
I'm sat on a bench next to the parking spaces, with helmets on the floor next to me, if that makes a difference?

In that case they can sod off and look for another space.


I am in agreement with this.
If you were parking for a reason, rather than to sit there out of spite then yeah Shocked
____________________
Fzr-600 1999
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

snikks
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

edb wrote:
To be honest I'd ask you to move if I saw you sat on the thing. Much like if you see someone getting into a car you assume they're going to go, they probably thought you were about to leave.


+1 This, but it is true that people can be assholes about parking. I've parked my bike up in the cul-de-sac at the rear of my house in order to pop in quickly through the back gate and grab a drink without the hassle of manouvering it around to the garage past my housemates car. Came back out to find some twunt in a Subaru had had to park a few metres back and was very indignant about me stealing "his" space for my bike Rolling Eyes

Edit: Wow bunch of posts in the few minutes I was typing Razz with updated info, yes they sound like cunts.
____________________
- CBT: 02/01/11 Theory: 26/04/11 Mod 1: 19/05/11 Mod 2: 19/08/11
- 2007 Honda XL125V Varadero (Sold), 1999 Yamaha FZS600 Fazer (Sold), 2001 CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a side note.

In Manchester are motorbikes allowed to park free in a pay and display car parking bay at the side of a road. I have an acquaintance that is under the impression that in Manchester there is a rule that says bikes can.

I beg to differ as does the Warden who issued them the ticket.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tenko
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find calling out 'Big Issue, Big Issue' whenever approached by the public guarantees peace & quiet....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Just a side note.

In Manchester are motorbikes allowed to park free in a pay and display car parking bay at the side of a road. I have an acquaintance that is under the impression that in Manchester there is a rule that says bikes can.

I beg to differ as does the Warden who issued them the ticket.


Looks like they have specific solo bike parking, but for bikes parking in car spaces, then you need to pay and display.

"You can park in a normal Pay & Display bay, provided that you purchase a Pay & Display ticket. It is advisable to discourage theft by writing 'M' for motorbike and your registration number on the Pay & Display ticket before attaching this to your motorbike."

Manc. City Council Website.
____________________
Ted : "Maybe he's agoraphobic."
Dougal : "Jack scared of fighting? I don't think so, Ted."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:09 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Re: My Right To a Parking Space!? Reply with quote

As above - expect if you were sat in a car they'd ask the same thing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, if I was looking/waiting for a space and if I saw someone walking to a specific car with a key fob in hand, I'd ask them if they were going.

So if I saw one bike parked up with a biker nearby, I'd probably ask if he was moving.

If the answer to either is no, then I'd go find another space. I find it's worth asking though because sometimes they are going so it saves you another several minutes driving around looking.


If they suggested that you on a bike had any less reason to be parking in a space though then they're just dicks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one said you don't have a right to the parking space, they simply asked if you were leaving as you were close to the bike, jeez drama queen or what Thumbs Down
____________________
To shreds you say? Tss tss tss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 14 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Just a side note.

In Manchester are motorbikes allowed to park free in a pay and display car parking bay at the side of a road. I have an acquaintance that is under the impression that in Manchester there is a rule that says bikes can.

I beg to differ as does the Warden who issued them the ticket.


In manchester if you park in a normal pay & display you'd have to pay.

There are seperate motorcycle bay areas about. There's one down the side of Primark right by market street for example that's motorcycles only.
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 15 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Just a side note.

In Manchester are motorbikes allowed to park free in a pay and display car parking bay at the side of a road. I have an acquaintance that is under the impression that in Manchester there is a rule that says bikes can.

I beg to differ as does the Warden who issued them the ticket.


Probably depends on the car park.

There's a car park in Hinckley where I can park my bike for free, in a car parking space (not a specific bike one), but then no more than 100 meters down the road there is another car park where I would have to pay!

I think you can find the free ones out online. Thumbs Up
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 209 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.97 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 96.07 Kb