 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:15 - 16 Mar 2012 Post subject: Cheap graphics card. |
 |
|
Basically, I don't really play games on the PC. But a lot of the newer games, even strategy based games I play have quite demanding graphics engines. I used to have a 512MB 8800GT back in the day which was awesome, but sold it and popped in my old Radeon X1650 just so I could see stuff on my PC screen. It is starting to struggle with anything.
My PC is actually pretty good, I built it myself back in 2007 Dual Core E6750 @ 2.66ghz, 4GB RAM I just need a card that to be honest if it was on par with the 8800GT I used to have that would be enough.
Really don't wanna spend mega bucks, so here is your challenge recommend the best value for money card out there. ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
 Frost World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:06 - 16 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Your PC is 5 years old. Accept that
Throw that 6770 in it and see what happens. If it struggles with games still chances are that a better card wouldn't solve your problems on its own. Either put up with what performance you've got or build a new rig from scratch. |
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|