Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Failed a few years ago, do i need to redo theory?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Failed a few years ago, do i need to redo theory? Reply with quote

Ok.. i failed my bike test about 3 years ago as my bike broke down just before the test and i had to use one i had never used before, totally different style.. plus i was too hesitant.

Anyway.. will i have to do my theory test again as i seem to remember my instructor saying something like that but i can't remember.

oh i had my full driving license before the test (and still have it)

Thanks

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 23:56 - 15 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you will. The theory test is good for 2 years - if you've not passed the full test before then you have to retake it.

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was afraid of that. not that's it's anything to worry about but i will have to brush up on it. Plus, i don't like the hazard perception test too much either Confused

Thanks for the answer.. i'm still in two minds wether to go for a bike again or not.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:03 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it.

Nothing beats the feeling you get from going out for a ride on a sunny day. Especially if theres a few of you. Thumbs Up

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup i loved the bikes i had before.. can't beat it especially in the summer!! only thing is none of my mates are into bikes at all, if they were then i'd definitely do it.

Wish i had just got my test over and done with when i had the chance Sad

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:09 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make new mates.

There are a couple of guys from Glasgow on here and if you get along to some local bike meets you can get to know people there.

BIKELESS STEVE
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:16 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got through theory test, very easy, hazard perception just common sense, look out for cyclists, kids on pavement, balls being kicked out off playing fields, parked vehicles, opened car doors, cars entering from sideroads. If you've passed the theory before you'll sail through it no probs!
Thumbs Up

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i've done a hazard perception test on the PC before. I was a bit iffy for some reason. I think it's because i spotted the hazards real early on and i was clicking then, then once they're closer i clicked again. i don't know.. i did pass it though.

Anyway.. i'm very very tempted to go for it again. maybe just do the DAS and buy a bigger bike straight off. On the DAS are you guaranteed to pass?.. i mean say you do one part of it wrong, do they work on that then do the whole test again at no extra cost.. i'll need to have a look into that actually.

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 00:29 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Falkirk mate and there's a few out Glasgow way on here. If you're looking for people for a sunday run or whatever you know where to find us.

KeV6 wrote:
I think it's because i spotted the hazards real early on and i was clicking then, then once they're closer i clicked again.

That's exactly what it tells you to do when you go to the test centre to do your theory test. Stick to that and you'll be fine.

KeV6 wrote:
On the DAS are you guaranteed to pass?

You're not guaranteed to pass. You'll get lessons and then the instructor will book your test date on seeing how ready you are. He'll know what you need to work on and help you work on it before your test. If you fail then you'd need to rebook it and take any more lessons you require if you're still having trouble.

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:45 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it's because i spotted the hazards real early on and i was clicking then, then once they're closer i clicked again. i don't know.. i did pass it though.

thanks for the tip mate, Wink got mine on tuesday (20th) hopefully gonna get thru it, my instructor tells me once i have it, no probs for actual test!!!! woo hoo!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck on your test mate! Wink

Well i've thought about it and i'm definitely going to get a bike Smile ... i might even consider an NSR, although i do prefer trailies Very Happy

Just going to book my CBT as we speak!

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:
On the DAS are you guaranteed to pass?.. i mean say you do one part of it wrong, do they work on that then do the whole test again at no extra cost.. i'll need to have a look into that actually.

I think you can book a course that guarantees a pass. Who are you doing your lessons with? I done mine with Bike It in Paisley and I thought they were alright.

Actually I just checked their website. "Guaranteed Course (No More To Pay) £699.00" Shocked Seems a bit much Confused

https://www.passwithbikeit.co.uk/home.htm

Where do you live exactly KEV6? I'm from Erskine myself. Thumbs Up

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Saltcoats so i've considered Ayr Motorcycle Training or the other one in Irvine, can't remember their name.

Didn't get a chance to book my CBT today unfortunatelly but will do so tomorrow.

I'm thinking about just doing a 3-day or 5-day 125cc course as lessons seem to be pretty expensive these days Shocked . I'm not looking for a big bike after i pass my test anyway... Plus i want to ride about on a 125cc this summer for a few weeks before i pass my test.

Do yous think this would be my best option?

1. CBT
2. Buy 125 and practice for a few weeks / Do Theory Test.
3. Do a 3/5 Day 125cc Course
4. KLR250 or DR350

Thanks again! Thumbs Up

True Blue
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 16 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I done my CBt in Irvine and the guys were a shower of arseholes. Don't know if it's the same one like, I done mine through a place in renfrew and they took me down to the Irvine shop. I don't think they really took the CBT as seriously as they are supposed too, not very good.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1