Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Good companies for multi-bike insurance?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Good companies for multi-bike insurance? Reply with quote

Had a quick look on confused and gocompare, but neither will allow me to do a multi bike policy.

ebike will, but they want £430 for the 9R and C70, when it would cost me half that with two seperate policies.

Anyone know of any?

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramasis Wicked Quotes are brilliant.
They're only interested in the cost of insuring the higher group bike and adding on a second or even third/fourth at little extra cost is no trouble.
Very flexible, cheap and I've had no problems with them in the 4/5 years I've been using them. Insure and forget.
Would definitely recommend.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:27 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have the 2 bikes running on separate policies...builds 2 sets of no claims Laughing I know its probably no help, Carol Nash do it though...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
I just have the 2 bikes running on separate policies...builds 2 sets of no claims Laughing I know its probably no help, Carol Nash do it though...

Not too sure if you can claim 2 years no claims bonus for essentially the same year!

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeseybeaner wrote:
##Paddy## wrote:

Not too sure if you can claim 2 years no claims bonus for essentially the same year!

2 policies, 2 bikes, 2 lots of no claims.

But yes, carol nash. I have 4 bikes with 'Her'
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marmalade wrote:

Its the same year though!! I don't see how you can count the same year twice just as you've got two different policies! I'd say that was fiddling.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm i tried to change my policy to have another bike but they wont let me, they say you cant use same no claims on two policy's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rtho782
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:05 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeseybeaner wrote:
Marmalade wrote:

Its the same year though!! I don't see how you can count the same year twice just as you've got two different policies! I'd say that was fiddling.

It isn't.

This doesn't mean you can add them together, so you can't insure two bikes for a year then say you have two years NCD for one bike at the end of it.

But in the same way as if you have one bike for 6 years, build up 6 years NCD, keep it and buy a 2nd one, you will have to start the 2nd bike from 0 NCD, you can have two bikes with two lots of NCD as well.

For me, this means that if I keep the 125 insured then even if I write off my main bike I will have the NCD from the 125 to use on a new bike Smile

It's perfectly above board and is how insurance works, just like you can build up a year on your car at the same time as a separate year on your bike.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:42 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeseybeaner wrote:

Nope. A NCD is earned per policy. Look at it the other way around: if you earned NCD on one policy , would you expect to be able to apply it in future to two, three or more policies? Answer: no chance.

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Cheeseybeaner wrote:

Nope. A NCD is earned per policy. Look at it the other way around: if you earned NCD on one policy , would you expect to be able to apply it in future to two, three or more policies? Answer: no chance.

I mistook what was being put there. I can see you could be awarded a year's no claims on one policy while also having the same on another.

I was under the impression that what was meant was that the concurrent policies could be used to 'double your no claims.' I.e. I could theoretically have lets say ten bikes on different policies and use that to claim 10 years no claims next year.

As it is I'd suggest if you have a year's no claims history that should count on any policy, that is a year's motoring history without accident involvement should mean just that rather than just a bonus discount that can only be used and is limited to one policy or transferred to another if you quit at end of year.

A year's no claims history should be something you can use on any policy. Its a load of bollocks the way insurers mess around with this.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carole nash, but the initial insurance isnt cheap.

My mce is about half for an additional bike . so £175FC for the stripple, and to add a fazer 600 is 60, FC (actually, no choice on FC), because my policy is FC, any other bike has to be.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 21:41 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carole Nash have been the best quotes for me for a couple of years now, even with multiple bikes. Managed to get three bikes insured for £480 last year (TPFT), which is pretty good, given that one bike cost me £500 FC the year before. Since then, I've sold one of them, and will be SORNing another for this year - the quote I've been given for the one bike is £130, so I have no real complaints with their pricing.

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramasis Wicked Quotes are the way to go.

Jefr0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 22 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Bennetts with a multibike policy for a Ducati 916, cbr 600 and xr 125 for £200. I added the xr not long ago during the policy for no extra premium just £25 admin fee.

I'm 24 with 8 years no claims, 7 years bike license.

HTH
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 9 years, 64 days between these two posts...

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 24 May 2021    Post subject: Re: Two wheeler insuration recommendation Reply with quote

nikparab wrote:
IFFCO-Tokio is one of the best insurance companies

Feel free to hit back at this shit-bag by spamming their help-bot here:Iffco Tokio are Common Crooks
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 337 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1