 rebeltaz Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 02 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:42 - 02 Apr 2012 Post subject: 89 Honda XR250 manual or help |
 |
|
I saw on the manuals topic that there was a service manual for the 89 Honda XR250, but it was hosted on the now defunct megaupload.
I have been unable to find this, so if anyone has a copy, I would REALLY appreciate it!
Or if not a manual, I would settle for information of removing the timing chain. I see form the breakdowns that the rear cam chain tensioner is bolted to [something] at the bottom, so I am assuming that the left side cover has to come off, and then the clutch assembly, etc. Is that correct?
I am tearing this down to determine whether lack of compression is valve or ring and the extent of the damage for a customer. I made the mistake of telling him $100 for an estimate and this is going to take a LOT longer than I thought if I have to take that cover off. If there is an easier way - PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Thanks... ____________________ Derek Tombrello
www.ShelbyCycle.com (for profit)
www.RobotsAndComputers.com (just for fun) |
|