BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBT Tomorrow

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 07:28 - 05 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you manage that Andy were they strict? Surprised or did you crash into things/people Thumbs Up Razz

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 08:18 - 05 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually on the CBT I passed (my fourth) I hit the instructor's bike Laughing .

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:26 - 05 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickHolt wrote:
Where abouts in Manchester are you DAZED? I did my CBT a couple of weeks ago, had most of the problems you're talking about. Having not even riden a push bike in years balance was a problem. Slowly got the hang of it though. I'm now desperately looking for a cheap 125 to get some practice on. Kinda hard to find.

I'm in Droyslden anyway, let me know if you're somewhere nearby.

Rick, i've got Honda cg going cheap, if your interested, but I too live in manchester!

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:58 - 05 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed my CBT first time (not bad for someone who can't drive a car!) but during the 'on the road' section I managed to crash into the back of a car! very very slowly I might add, about 2mph and I didn't fall off.
But then I ruined all that good work by happily riding about with L plates and not getting round to sitting my test, so I had to do the CBT again!

Dazed
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 02:03 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just to bring this thread to an end, I re-did my CBT today (Thursday), and passed :dance!: Found it really easy in the car park when I got there and soon got used to the speed. There was 2 lads on peds again, and one guy (50 ish) who was also on his 2nd (motorbike) CBT here, with years of car driving experience, but he didn't make it onto the road this time again. I reckon he'll easy pass next time as he just needs more clutch control.

I was happier as this GS125 had a Mph speedo, and the fact the rev counter was broke completely - it forced me to feel for the right revs/biting. As it happens, from riding this time it turns out that the clutch (or something) on the bike I did it on the first time (they have 4 GS125s) was definitely shagged, you had to slip the clutch always in 1st on it otherwise it juddered/surged like hell - instructor told me that was normal last time, but we had 2 instructors this time and the other guy told me it was duff.

The bike today was a bit dodgy though, in the car park I was getting things like false neutrals and not being able to change into 1st sometimes unless I slipped the clutch. It also started to rev faster by itself for some reason (I guess 2k+), guy adjusted the idle. Got the figures of 8 down well, managed about 3 in succession (on a slope too Razz). U-turns took a bit more to perfect, the instructor made me look straight ahead rather than at the (imaginary) kerb, which really helped. I found the left + right OSM/PSL turns easy this time.

Got onto the road later, checked mirrors constantly, did all the lifesavers, only left the indicators on too long a couple of times and in general I was safe, albeit a bit hesitant on some turns (I can't judge how long it takes me to clutch bite, slip + turn yet - better safe than dead).

I did get a bit flustered when the speedo broke 10 minutes into the road section though, and fluffed a lane change from trying to inform the instructor of it. In the end he had to tell me to keep accelerating and then keep it constant when he reckoned I was at 30 - 35 Mph ish, in general I kept it at this by getting it to rev loads in 3rd gear till it vibrated lots, then switched to 4th for smoothness. Still slowed it down when I came to a Gatso though, hehe. Did ok on slow speed control at stop start traffic too, got a tad wobbly a couple of times though (need more 'drive' Rolling Eyes).

Managed to nip through an amber, with it just going red as I went through (remembering my highway code, that I don't have to stop on amber if it's not safe) and escaped from the instructor - only to have to wait 5 minutes at temporary lights around the corner Razz

Finished it and I thought I had failed, but the guy said 'yeah, that's good enough for a CBT'.

Now i'm thinking about looking for a 2nd hand RS125, though I feel nervous just thinking about riding ATM (I will drop it).

Last edited by Dazed on 02:42 - 27 Aug 2004; edited 1 time in total

zaknafien

PostPosted: 03:35 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now i'm thinking about looking for a 2nd hand RS125

Quote:
(I will drop it)

Eek! Shocked

atom
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:44 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray glad to hear you passed. Yeh I got a RS125, and yes I did drop it. Do enjoy the speed but it's actually pretty dangerous when your really inexperienced, like me, I have had to run it into a field and have ended up on the wrong side of the road a number of times, after going into corners too fast for my level of skill. Saying you wont use it is like going to the pub, for just one. Like that ever happened? So if you can, take it easy for a while. But I think you need the self restraint of a Saint.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 338 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2