Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBF125 seats canny be lowered?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

ClydeGhost
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:23 - 23 Apr 2012    Post subject: CBF125 seats canny be lowered? Reply with quote

Yeah. Can they be lowered or can't they? I don't mind it sometimes when I'm on even ground but I live on a hill. So when I try to lean one side i'll have a mini heart attack when I can't feel the ground. I just want to lessen this discomfort.

Also, I tried putting on my centre stand today. The bit where you put your foot on has shifted because it's rotted away -__-

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:51 - 23 Apr 2012    Post subject: Re: CBF125 seats canny be lowered? Reply with quote

Seats, no, not without taking some of the foam out. Have you tried softening the preload on the rear suspension and dropping the yokes down the forks and inch or so?

ClydeGhost wrote:
Also, I tried putting on my centre stand today. The bit where you put your foot on has shifted because it's rotted away -__-

Lordy, Honda really need to get those bikes sorted out if they're going to keep putting their badges on them.

ClydeGhost
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:03 - 23 Apr 2012    Post subject: Re: CBF125 seats canny be lowered? Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Lordy, Honda really need to get those bikes sorted out if they're going to keep putting their badges on them.

I agree, it's only 3 years old :/ Kinda annoyed because when I put my weight on the stand to set it up, it gave way and scared the shit out of me cause me to drop my bike. Second time that's happened now. Not pleased at all.

JoeDougieDoug...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 23 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of O.T but I have a CBF too and I have found a problem with the rear brake assembly and rear wheel bolts rotting out already - Although the bike is kept outside its only 6 months old... Not pleased.

ClydeGhost
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:13 - 24 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH. I now also found out that because I've dropped the bike, the brake lights stay on and the indicators doesn't work. For fuck sake.

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 09:21 - 24 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself some rock boots and contact honda regarding the rot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 24 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

New rocks are retarded boots, especially for biking Thumbs Up
Bulky heavy foot weights.

Sell it and buy something lower you midge Razz

Because you dropped the bike the lights don't work? Did you drop it in a lake!?

Maybe something has just been knocked loose if it happened from falling over...how much did you pay for it?

fager
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:38 - 24 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go.
https://www.nlmlol.info/g.gif

Recluso
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:36 - 24 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't try to lean the bike to put your foot down, shift your bum more so you're hanging off the seat. That way you won't have to lean quite so much, or at least FEEL like you have to lean.

I suspect that more than the bike being too tall, you're still just getting used to the height. Everything feels mahoosively tall until you settle into it.

I'd consider getting the centre-stand replaced though. Useful to have for chain cleaning etc.

HTH Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JoeDougieDoug...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 25 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClydeGhost wrote:
UGH. I now also found out that because I've dropped the bike, the brake lights stay on and the indicators doesn't work. For fuck sake.

Wow really? I've "dropped" (threw down the road) my CBF a few times now and everything has stayed fine and dandy... the bars were a mess but otherwise fine - I'd get the soldering iron out if I were you Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:08 - 25 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can sculpt the seat foam to lower it slightly. Thumbs Up

ClydeGhost
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:11 - 25 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers ma dears. I took Rogers' advice about the suspension, got ma boyfriend to do it and that has worked a wee bit. I'm no longer just barely touching the floor, i'm still on my tippy toes but it's an improvement.

I'm now also considering the seat foam. What do I do? Do I, like, shave some off myself or do I get someone to do it? like, an upholsterers? or something? I'm probably going to buy Dayton Lady Star GTX boots to give me more of an edge too (not for just this bike but for other bikes that I will one day want to own and ride). Expensive but that's what pay day is for.

Cheers for the advice guys! Also, the brake light is now working fine and dandy! The indicators still doesn't work, I'm not really sure what the problem is. Even the green light doesn't turn on :/

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 26 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClydeGhost wrote:

Do I, like, shave some off myself or do I get someone to do it? like, an upholsterers? or something?

Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:15 - 26 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bet would be to take the seat to someone who re-covers them, they will more than likely be able to sculpt it.

I've always fancied getting a seat sculpted to have arse cheek dents permanently in there.. Laughing

snikks
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:02 - 26 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

I've always fancied getting a seat sculpted to have arse cheek dents permanently in there.. Laughing

It's a good job we've got you to add some class around here Paddy Wink
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 6 years, 277 days between these two posts...

Joe Crennan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:01 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: fork transplant Reply with quote

cb125f forks are 31mm
cbf125 are 30 mm
I have fitted the former to the latter. Changing the top yoke also as cbf is just pressed steel and bolts from top. The cbf brake caliper bolts straight in and I used the cb 18” front wheel.
The ignition lock will not fit so I replaced with switch and seprate start button. I also removed the side stand and plugged a kill switch into its circuit

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:14 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 6 years, 277 days between these two posts...

Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1