Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Yamaha xj600 1992 cutting out

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

bikeinbits
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:02 - 30 Apr 2012    Post subject: Yamaha xj600 1992 cutting out Reply with quote

I have an old xj600 with a few problems.

It's an 1992 xj 600 yam,

It was just randomly cutting out, so I bypassed the side stand switch and the clutch safety switch. And all was fine for a few days, now it has started cutting out again, and won't turn over with the switch, but if I jump the soloniod it turns and fires, I know this sounds like a faulty soloniod, but this would not cause the bike to just die,

I have ordered another soloniod, I have also cleaned all connections, when it runs it runs fine, but just dies randomly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 1.05 - MySQL Queries: 17 - Page Size: 28.16 Kb