Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

lack of girl riders..YES..lack of teenage girl riders..YES..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bod
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:33 - 26 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, its regardless of how you spell, we all know what you meant Laura.
Bod

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 16:46 - 26 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bod wrote:
Look, its regardless of how you spell, we all know what you meant Laura.
Bod

Ooh bitchy. Razz Laughing

Don't know if you meant it to sound bitchy, but I read it as such. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bod
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:39 - 26 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, wasn't meant to be mate..... Wink Laughing

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 18:14 - 26 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bod wrote:
Wink

You winking at me?? Have I pulled. Embarassed

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:35 - 26 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate charlie, she rides, got some sort of suzuki v twin chopper thingy, too shiny and low for my liking, but she claims it'll do 80 (125cc).

And in the bike park at college, we have (125s) my NSR, a CBR, charlie's bike, and non 125s, we have a restricted sv650, a DNA, and loads of peds, some girls ride them, but mostly, there are only 4 real bikes, if you include 125s as bikes, like I like to!

Craig G(Noggin)

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:59 - 27 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woman I work with 'used' to ride a bike, whilst she was living abroad. However, now she has come back to England has said she will not ride again... Aparently the roads are too narrow, and as such, dangerous.

Still, maybe she'll come back to her senses again one day Rolling Eyes

Dup
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 27 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woman i know was in the RAF for 20 years, she left to have kids and the what not and they gave her a VFR 800 as a leaving kinda present. She's one big lady you don't want to mess with.

I see loads of girl riders. I met an older woman just passed her CBT, riding some scootery thing. She rode alonside me for a while so i could direct her somehwere. She was really nervous.
Theres also this hot hot girl i saw getting on a scooter and i see riding a lot. Phwoar.. Never goes my way dammit. Plus i jump all queues even if theres only minute gaps and the girls tend to find the nearest gap in the queue and hide in that if at all.

I need to get out and meet some bikers/125ers. Im a lone bike/scootery person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:04 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a girl, I ride a Ninja zx6r (I'm 28, is that still a girl? are women always girls? I don't know Laughing ) I didn't ride when I was a teenager though, got my first bike (NSR125) when I was 23.

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 04:50 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gf who is 18 rides a 98" cbr250rr ,she loves it ! Only downside is she uses my bike more than hers Neutral as she can never be asked to fill up with petrol. Confused

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:37 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dup - for goodness sake, change your route man!!!

Izzi, much as I have been told off for it by some, all women are girls in my book... I don't like the term woman(women) nope, girls and guys.... And jealous of that bike - I wanted a Ninja (all beit a 9r)... never mind...

I've got my heart set on passing my test, getting an R1 (and an R6 for my fiancee), until such time as I can find an immaculate, low mileage older style ZZR1100 in pearl black Drooling (Mind you, it'll be the R1 for everyday riding and the ZZR for Sunday/Special day riding...

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 09:50 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hush wrote:
(Mind you, it'll be the R1 for everyday riding and the ZZR for Sunday/Special day riding...

Have you got that the right way round mate. Laughing

izzi81 wrote:
(I'm 28, is that still a girl? are women always girls? I don't know )

Yeah, your only a woman if your been told to get in the kitchen and bake pie, or in the bedroom to make babies. Laughing

I'm nearly 27 and don't consider myself to be a man (ok that may come out really bad and I'm bound to get ribbed for it Laughing ), its the same sort of thing, man makes me sound old. Laughing

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 10:06 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

<insert selection of shortarsed nothern monkey jokes here> Razz

Sorry I just woke up and my brain hasn't finished booting. Smile

'Girl' is derogatory ONLY when blokes aren't referred to as boys. 'Men and girls' pisses me off. 'Boys and girls' - no problem.

Penny Coin Penny Coin

FWIW, when you're talking teenagers, yeah you don't see that many girls riding, but that could have something to do with the parents being more likely to encourage their son to ride than their daughter (and face it, when you're a teenager you *generally* need some form of parental support in order to own a bike) due to a whole number of reasons.
I didn't start riding until I was 21 and that was a scooter for practicality and cheapness, didn't get the big bike bug until I was 24.

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 10:08 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
'Girl' is derogatory ONLY when blokes aren't referred to as boys. 'Men and girls' pisses me off. 'Boys and girls' - no problem.

I do agree, I started riding a scooter at 17 for about 8 months then I had my bike at 18 my parents help me buy the scooter I then paid them back I got two jobs to pay for my bike.

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:54 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex, definately. I've had a major soft spot (or should that be hard Laughing ) since I first saw a ZZR1100 in Superbike, hmmm must have been the early 90s. Anyhow, it's almost a childhood dream - I'm just not prepared to be one of these mid-life crisis cases...

Quote:

It's weird, when I use the term girl, I never mean it in a derogatory manner, and certainly never refer to myself as a 'man' (I'm really just a 16 year old trapped in a 23 year old's body)... But where as I don't mind calling a 25 year old 'woman' (or 28 in your case Izzi Razz ), a girl, a 25 year old 'boy' doesn't sound right to me... To explain...

Girl upto 75/80 then 'oldgirl'... (NOTE: Not meant to be derogatory)
Boy up to 12/13 then Guy upto 75/80 then 'oldboy...

For some reason, I don't attach the same age relation to 'girl'... Okay this is dragging on now, sorry peeps... To conclude, I'm a Guy and Girl (rather than Boy and Girl) person... Hope that's OK Bendy and Laura...

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 11:06 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hush wrote:
(I'm really just a 16 year old trapped in a 23 year old's body)

Heh though not actually older than me your obviously mentally older - I'm only about 13 mentally. Laughing

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:08 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I had to be at least old enough to legally ride something... Laughing

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:21 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex wrote:

Yeah, your only a woman if your been told to get in the kitchen and bake pie, or in the bedroom to make babies. Laughing

Laughing not in that situation (and don't plan to be!) so I guess that makes me a girl - guys and girls seems fair to me!

The age thing relating to parents is probably true, although I never asked I suspect if at 17 I'd wanted a motorbike my parents would have freaked out and told me no way, whereas when I was 23 my dad helped pay for my NSR. (That said they'd still prefer I didn't have one I think!)

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 12:56 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzi81 wrote:
where as when I was 23 my dad helped pay for my NSR

I didn't tell my parents for over a year that I had a bike and I was 23/24. Laughing But I know they won't help me buy one. Sad

Saying that theres a guy at work who is 37ish and he still hasn't told his parents, and hides the bike at work when his mother or any his family visit him. Laughing

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:16 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of girls don't realise how many other girls do actually ride, and get all worried about being the only girl when they go to do their CBT or whatever - which is completely illogical but does seem to be the case from what a few of my friends have said. Or they think that you have to be really strong to handle a bike or other irrational things like that. :S

Personally, the 'being the only girl' thing never bothered me in the slightest. And nor does dressing like a scruffbag, helmet hair or any of the other reasons you could think of that would put girls off bikes. Smile

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 15:17 - 28 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally, the 'being the only girl' thing never bothered me in the slightest. And nor does dressing like a scruffbag, helmet hair or any of the other reasons you could think of that would put girls off bikes.

Indeed bendy couldn't of put it better.

Jinx
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:39 - 29 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a girl... not a teenager either but definitely a girl the last time I checked the bumps under the jumper!
Some of the people I ride with include Mel, Colleen, Brenda, Rita, second Mel, Jackie, ...... can't think of any more off hand, but at the bike nights I go to there are quite a lot of girlie bikers!
We are out there (something to do with the speed and the sexy leathers I think!) You just need to look harder!!

Shark
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:50 - 29 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm not from the UK but here in SA we have a few lady riders,in PTA where i'm from loads of school girls have scooters,my ex has one,ill try and post a pic if i've still got anything of her.
not bikes thought,but about 6months ago i went on a breakfastrun,and there was a lady in full leathers riding a TL,what a babe,we heard that her actual bike was a 748,which her boyfriend rode on that day,but she pulled out drove infront of her group like the leader of the pack and just turned heads where she went.
now that proved to me that there is ladies who RIDE

swifty_mcvay
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:18 - 30 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy finally i saw a lady around 25-30 ( i guess Rolling Eyes ) in full leathers on a FZR i think it was..i mean she wasn't a teenager..but then maybe it was just me not paying enough attention or maybe its because the only time i'm actually on the road (for now and the next week) is in mum/familys cars ! ..maybe next week wen i ride around il see a few il keep you all posted Razz

rs fiddie 02'tetsuya rep, Mk sp 75cc alloy kit, 21mm dellorto carb, pod air filter, Mk Clutch, Jolly Moto 80cc pipe

Craig_
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:53 - 30 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

*The shock of it!* Women riding bikes, you've seen them this cant be true, i mean its 2004, women still cook in the kitchen all day!

As Bendy said, hard to tell when wrapped up in leather, unless there wearing a very curvy set of leathers. Thumbs Up But its no rarity anymore, theres a lot of women bikers these days.

Like on this forum, theres:

M (who likes to burn out clutches @ elvington Wink)
Bendy
Laura (Of course)
Annabella
Viper
MrsHippy
Izzy

And theres a lot more who i have forgotten, or cant be bothered to mention.

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 06:39 - 30 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and i was taught how to ride a bike (carefully worded) by a women as well for my bike test etc Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 359 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3