When is household rubbish not rubbish?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys need to move.

I live in Sunderland and puts loads of building material in my green bin and it always goes.

Martay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always put old oil / tyres etc in the bin. We've got 3, landfill recycling and garden. Never had a problem yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

I think the sight of a crazy half naked redhead with bedhead

Do tell me more, or pictures, top or bottom half naked?,

Ooops, just splashed one out. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MG
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:42 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had our recycling rejected when broken glass was put in it, fair enough, but on the note they left it said they accept engine oil in sealed containers. So my housemate left 2 bottles of old oil out and they fucking left it, cunts. Told him to leave it in the bin until they do collect it!

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

I think the sight of a crazy half naked redhead with bedhead!

fapfapfapfapfap
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
shereen wrote:

I think the sight of a crazy half naked redhead with bedhead

Do tell me more, or pictures, top or bottom half naked?,

Ooops, just splashed one out. Embarassed

Well I would be lying if I said I wore anything to bed Laughing

mr_fisty wrote:
shereen wrote:

I think the sight of a crazy half naked redhead with bedhead!

fapfapfapfapfap

Motorboat, Oui? Cool

Cunnington
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:11 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Councils are providing their customers a service, why do bin lorries start their rounds at 7AM, blocking commuters trying to get to their work in the morning and forcing people to get up at a sparrow's fart o'clock to put their bins out?

Could it be because it would be against the binman's hooman rights to change their shifts to something more sensible in line with their customer's needs?

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
DON'T GET ME STARTED ON BINMEN. I HATE BINMEN.

They wake me up recycling bottles at 6.00 and then block my road with their wagon making me late for work.

twostroketit
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:37 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunnington wrote:
If Councils are providing their customers a service, why do bin lorries start their rounds at 7AM, blocking commuters trying to get to their work in the morning and forcing people to get up at a sparrow's fart o'clock to put their bins out?

Could it be because it would be against the binman's hooman rights to change their shifts to something more sensible in line with their customer's needs?

What a load of bollocks. You don't have to get up early,just put it out the night before.
What time do you want Binmen to start? 3:00am? 5:00am? dinnertime?
There is no ideal time. Bin lorries travel on roads and they go slowly,occasionally you may get held up. That is hard luck,somebody is always going to get held up,no matter what time the collections start.
Whenever someone posts on the net about Binmen everybody falls over themselves to prove who has got the worst, most petty binmen.
It would be nice if there was some positives,just for once...
Colours to the mast here, I am a binman. I work fucking hard, outside,in all weathers. I hardly ever leave a contaminated bin behind. I am not doing this job so i can piss members of the public off,i'm a member of the public myself.
Before you criticise walk a mile, (or ten in our) boots.
Oh1 And you spelt human wrong,or was that an attempt at humour?

MG
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:49 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, it does make more sense to do it whilst people are AT work, rather than on the way to work... And less people will be fucked off with being woken up and rubbish could be put out in the morning rather than left out overnight. And the binmen can have social working hours. It seems like a win win?

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

twostroketit wrote:
Cunnington wrote:

What a load of bollocks. You don't have to get up early,just put it out the night before.
There is no ideal time.

We are not allowed to put our bins out in the evening as they block the pavement........

And I agree there is no ideal time BUT after rush hour would be pretty dandy!!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people vote for a Green/Global Warming/Enviro-mentalist party for their council then they deserve this sh1t!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and next Christmas be out there with some beers Wink

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up my way it's, Burgundy Bin, Black Bin, Brown Bin.

Burgundy is smaller than a normal one, used for household waste. 10% of it can be anything you want. (Never seen them test the percentage.) As said, if it's in a black bin bag, they will take it.

Black is a normal sized one for recyclables. Cardboard, paper, plastic, tins,etc etc. Put in a black bin bag and they refuse to touch it.

Brown is garden waste - biodegradable bags and plants, grass, hedges etc.

I used to work for the Council's Cleansing team (don't hate me.) The amount of crap those guys have to put up with is immense. They get charged for the waste they dump, and have a quota on the amount of recycling they do. Beyond that, every fucker in town feels like they're entitled to a personal refuse collection whenever they see fit.

It's not a difficult job, but being bitched at all day is a pain in the ass. We had one random guy with a radio on the same frequency as the bin men, recorded what they were saying and reporting it back to us.

Don't even get me started on the street cleaners. Autumn means leaves... leaves outside your house YOU can clean up. Especially if they're causing YOU a problem. Lazy bastards.

Cunnington
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:49 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

twostroketit wrote:

There is no ideal time. Bin lorries travel on roads and they go slowly,occasionally you may get held up. That is hard luck,somebody is always going to get held up,no matter what time the collections start.
Whenever someone posts on the net about Binmen everybody falls over themselves to prove who has got the worst, most petty binmen.
It would be nice if there was some positives,just for once...
Colours to the mast here, I am a binman. I work fucking hard, outside,in all weathers. I hardly ever leave a contaminated bin behind. I am not doing this job so i can piss members of the public off,i'm a member of the public myself.
Before you criticise walk a mile, (or ten in our) boots.
Oh1 And you spelt human wrong,or was that an attempt at humour?

Tell that to the bank clerks that need to work on Saturday mornings - or should they not need to change to meet their customers needs?

The morning rush is more condensed than the evening rush, therefore delaying the start of your rounds until after 9.00 will impact upon the travelling public less. If a non-council agency wish to restrict a road for essential works, the local authority would restrict them to 9.00 - 15.00, therefore why should Council's own departments be any different?

I have no issues with our local binmen - particularly the ones down at my local recycling centre who are very helpful. I just get very frustrated at institutional organisations such as local authorities that feel free to impose their rules on their customers, yet fail to adapt to provide those customers with a modern service.

Oh! If you press and hold the shift key before you press the 1 key, you will get an exclamation mark rather than a digit - another attempt at humour.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard insult at school is "waste man", think it started when a kid was told that "you are a waste (of space) man", but now it means a man who empties dustbins.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bintwatmen start at 7am so that they can finish by 12 noon, still take an hours break and complain how much work they do.

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bin men are cynical, moaning, alcoholic, angry, thick and in most cases can't see past their next wage slip. Yet they are the only ones on the council who end up with 1k+ per wagon in tips at christmas. I don't know why. Quit tipping bin men people, they're fucking unbearable at Christmas.

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold_Shand wrote:
Bin men are cynical, moaning, alcoholic, angry, thick and in most cases can't see past their next wage slip. Yet they are the only ones on the council who end up with 1k+ per wagon in tips at christmas. I don't know why. Quit tipping bin men people, they're fucking unbearable at Christmas.

The Bintwatmen used to knock on everyones door at Xmas wishing people a Happy Xmas with menace.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:17 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold_Shand wrote:

Who dafuq tips a binman? Confused Confused Shocked
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Imonster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got good bin men round our way - recycling every two weeks and bin collection once a week (should really be the other way round what with us Brighton hippies having a Green council, but nevermind).

Recycling picked up about 8am and bins about 10am -not that it makes much difference to us as our bedroom's at the back of the house anyway.

Barely any separation of recycling required and the council gives you as many boxes (and wheelie bins) as you like for free within reason. Only issue I've ever had with them was when the recycling was taken, but the big hoofing piece of cardboard (neatly folded mind and by the bins) that our new wardrobe had arrived in two days prior wasn't.

"Hello, Brighton Council?"

"Erm, you haven't taken our BFO piece of cardboard, that's there as a rarity?"

"Was it in a box?"

"Erm, no. It's massive."

"Well, we can't take it if it's not in a recycling box."

"No worries. Can I order seven more recycling boxes please?"

"We'll come and get it tomorrow...."

Laughing

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got called by the leader of the council.

He confirmed the bin replacement guy was despatched by him.

I have his mobile number and I am to ring him directly, if he doesn't come back on Friday to empty my bin.

So, so exciting.

twostroketit
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:50 - 09 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never ever heard of or seen a binman knocking on a door for a tip,ever. If somebodytips me at xmas then great,it is very appreciated.,and i don't forget it. If i don't get tipped that isn't a problem. I certainly don't expect it.Last xmas i made £70 in tips for which i am grateful. I start at 7:00 and i finish when i am done usually around 3:30 or 4:00,i get paid up to 3:00. I don't get paid overtime. I take around 20 minutes break a day. I'm not knocking the job,it's better than drawing the dole and i chose to do it. But one of the problems is everyone thinks they own you and pays your wages. I am not cynical,or moaning and i hardly drink,and i am quite capable of lucid thought. . I take no pleasure in holding anyone up, because i don't like being held upmyself. Very often our crew will do our round in a different order to minimise the impact on traffic. but you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.
Fairies attack This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 10 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours don't check anything. Recyclables, electrical stuff, an entire toilet and cistern.. If it fits in the bin they'll take it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3