Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Push bike forks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 20:48 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Push bike forks Reply with quote

My forks on my pushbike are fucked. And I have been quoted £75+ parts for a service and apparently getting parts might be tricky as they are old (2005)

I was in Evens cycles today chatting with a guy about getting new forks and he recommended these

https://www.evanscycles.com/products/rockshox/2012-recon-silver-tk-coil-fork-ec030188#features

He showed me them on a bike and they looked good and solid but TBH I think £170 is too much or me to spend.

I looked in Decathlon and found these, the price is more to my liking and they appear to have the same features, but I don't know how good they are.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/xcr-100mm-fork-id_8101538.html#Product_information

Another option is these the previous years forks at a price I can stomach

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290609216506?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2499wt_1396

What to BCF think? The bike is a 2005 Specialized Hardrock Pro

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 13 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decalothon ones are pretty cheap, the newer RS ones are rather cheap as well. Going for some older ones would be a better deal and you wouldn't notice the difference.

I'm riding on forks from 1998, 2000 and 2003/4.

What forks do you have at the moment? Most are easy to service, unless its bush replacement time.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 13 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some monster forks i've got a set of Maintou Kingpin 170 TPC Triple Crown forks with 20mm Maxle for £100 Laughing

Bred2shred
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:50 - 13 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look on merlin cycles site, usually some good deals on forks there.

https://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/2012-recon-silver-tk-100mm-q-r-axle-turnkey-lockout.html

Here's the ones you were offered for a lot less. Wink

Also what type of riding do you do? Would you you benefit from something a bit plusher than the recons. Not saying their bad forks, just a bit basic. I picked up a s/h pair of rockshox Reba races recently, dual air adjustable, motion control dampening and they only cost £130.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:30 - 15 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same forks slightly cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox-Recon-Silver-TK-Suspension-Forks-WHITE-/270921454965?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3f142d5575

I have them on a Carrera Vulcan and they are fine. A bit noisy when the going gets rooty, but they are very controlled and confidence inspiring.

AndyB1989
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:09 - 15 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is it that is wrong with your current forks ?

if my memory servs me they are Marzocchi MZ Comp, 100mm forks on the 2005 hardrock pro and marzocchi forks are usually an easy fork to service

Bred2shred
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:35 - 16 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the service, get the shiny shiny, you know it makes sense. Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 338 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1