Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Touring....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 18:56)
View previous topic : View next topic  

RSixer03
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:24 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Touring.... Reply with quote

If you had a chance to take 3 months off to go touring on the bike, where would you most like to tour?, (country) and what would you prefer to tour on? (your bike or another type of bike)

Also does anyone have any plans to going touring this year?

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 17:27 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to follow the MotoGP around Europe. Probably on my own bike (ZX-6R).

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 18:52 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd "tour" around the streets of bangkok on a big harley pimpcruiser.

Dup
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to tour round chenobyl on anything that runs and has some pace.

Like this lady did:
https://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:02 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Touring.... Reply with quote

Botswana.

I was born there... my parents rode a BMW R60 accross africa to get there to do VSO, wouldn't mind repeating the ride as such.

Also quite fancy the idea of somewhere like Mongolia.

Would have to be one of the BMW GS range probably. Older one for ease of repairs or new one for fun.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to go to either oz or the us after uni, buying a gl500/bigger similar to what i ride now but with big ugly farings on it, my girlfriend is also going to get dragged along weather she likes it or not Very Happy
If i could afford it i'd have either,
1. Honda goldwing - almost a car its almost like you'd be cheating.
2. Pan european - Another huge touring beast.
3. BMW GS 1150 - Will take you where most bikes would fear to tread.
4. Suzuki Hayabusa - Licence? oh i remember those... i had on once i think?

I'd like to go allover the world but its getting more dangerous all the time, without skipping major bits it would be difficult, getting guns pointed at me would freak me out a bit.

G - I'd love to go to tibet and mongolia, its apparently no difficult to do if you have enough bribe money Confused its a shame but generally westerners are less than welcome by the boarder guards, i'm not quite brave enough for that Sad

Robby - A girl friend in thailand has a honda 90, maybe she would lend it to you? Cool

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero wrote:
I'm hoping to go to either oz or the us after uni, buying a gl500/bigger similar to what i ride now but with big ugly farings on it, my girlfriend is also going to get dragged along weather she likes it or not Very Happy

Well, if she likes the weather then I'm sure she would go!!!

I'd like to tour anywhere that has good weather and good roads Thumbs Up

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fellony
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:22 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i could tour anywhere it would be Canada, i have many relatives scattered all over the place there, and its such a big country. I go there every year, but sorting out me and a few mates over there for a few months biking, would be fucking fantastic. Also a great place to slow down after a hard days biking Very Happy, amazing scenery, ranging from mountains, lakes glaciers and forests. You won't find friendlier people anywhere in the world, aslong as you stay away from Québec, too many bitter french canadiens there. When i'm rich, i'll retire over there on a cottage on a lake Very Happy

Tom

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:27 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to ride all over Oz, particular the dusty roads between cities. Mile after mile of nothing but road. Give me a reliable fast bike that could blast through, would like to do it on a ZZR1100 Wink

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:59 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero wrote:
Robby - A girl friend in thailand has a honda 90, maybe she would lend it to you?

How old, any pics, and how much is a place ticket to Thailand?

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 22:15 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big Harley round the States just has to be done. Cool

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 22:18 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan on a bandit. Or America on a busa. Thumbs Up

Inglesina94
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:27 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

To start with I wouldn't mind to go back to Italy and really visit the it all from North to South, really taking the time. Then Southern America sounds quite nice ... mountain roads and warm sunshine ... nice!

Possibly one day when I get the licence and get a bike!!!

Need to keep dreaming!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DukeRed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 06 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunisia or Morroco because theres lots of desert and the idea of Lawrence of Arabia but instead a horse you have your bike. That is as soon as I hit 21. Again on a BMW GS of some type. Dakar rally would be cool to do as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:

How old, any pics?

I dunno its apparently pritty old and knackered... https://www.domingotorre.com/images/honda/honda_c90_ar.jpg

You do mean the bike right? Wink Actually a c90 would be the best bike for the job probably, wouldn't fancy trying to husstle a harley through lunatic ped riders and suicidal pedestrians... and yes i know thats not the point (just call me mr boreing git).

Anyway she is in her late 20s, and japanese, and no you can't have her e-mail address! Razz

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:04 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too old for robby anyway.

RSixer03
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:32 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i asked was that i did America last year coast to coast and back again, on my sixer........for 9 months, time of my life....except i havent got the travel bug out of my system and would luv to go back in 2 years and spend six months doing more or less the same thing...... Thumbs Up

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:36 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have to be Australia. I would prefer to use something like a Harley.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:19 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Touring.... Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure really. Been to Aus and it is just big and hot. The roads are pretty boring and heavily policed.

Mind you I am not a great holiday person. Tend to land up feeling that I am wasting time that I could be spending doing something useful.

G wrote:
Botswana.

I was born there... my parents rode a BMW R60 accross africa to get there to do VSO, wouldn't mind repeating the ride as such.

You can pop in to visit my Aunt and Uncle there.

All the best

Keith

Ninja
Caption Abuser

PostPosted: 18:09 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auz - definately - Roo's and the polis would put a cap on your speed though in the interests of self preservation

Crash it for fun
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:19 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:
zero wrote:
Robby - A girl friend in thailand has a honda 90, maybe she would lend it to you?

How old, any pics, and how much is a place ticket to Thailand?

I rode around Pattaya (3 hours south of Bangkok and full of bars and women!) on a CBR 400 RR. There is only one rule of the rode ride out of danger as quickly as you can using ANY space you can find. To rent a bike out there all you need is a passport and it's about £20 a day. You can rent R1s, Blackbirds, CBRs and a range of cruisers and they are the same price.

My ticket to thailand cost £430 return. worth doing because it is amazing out there. Hot weather and Cheap! My hotel was £11 a night and had sky tv!

Nij
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:57 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing Europe...France, Spain, Portugal (Estoril for the GP) back into Spain France, Ital,y Austria, switzerland, germany and back home.On a ZZR 600, But would love to do the states, bike. ..FJR 1300
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1