77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Aprillia rs4 50
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

leele2
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:00 - 29 Jun 2012    Post subject: Aprilia rs 50 or rs4 50 Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm 16 years old and getting a new bike soon. What's are the pros and cons of these two bikes, I personally prefer rs4 50 looks but does the Rs 50 perform better?
Also I've looked around the internet and haven't came across any rs4 50 after market parts, bore kits, exhaust etc.. Do they not make any for this bike?
Thanks in advance lee[/list]

Gamble
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:19 - 29 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have your heart set on one of the two, look on some of the owners forums and look for their opinion as they're the people who have ridden them. My honest advice would be to buy something cheaper and bank the money ready for when you turn 17 so you can get a nice big bike! Very Happy

There's so many problems with buying a brand new bike, depreciation being the biggest one and if it's your first bike do you really want something fully faired? If you drop it or lose it, it's only more money to sort it out after!

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're looking at after market performance upgrades for speed? Then the RS will win all day long, being a 2 stroke, its much faster, probably cheaper too, don't want to spend too much on something that you WILL drop/crash and upgrade when your're 17.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 14:01 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither.
If you want [snigger] 'fast' anything built before 1977, because they are restriction exempt. After that anything that is tuned to go quicker than 35mph, you may as well chuck the moped number-plate on a big bike, for the laws you are breaking & risk of having bike taken off you and crushed.

Sensibly? I'd get a Honda C50.... it aint fancy, but it's a legend, most popular motor-cycle ever built, its a 'Classic'...

But then, with your teen-age eyes, you see this:-
https://www.maxmoto.co.uk/images/aprilia_rs50_4l.jpg

And your imagination, makes it into this:-
https://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/DukeWheelie4.jpg

Unfortunately, most of us see it, more like this:-
https://staticus.talash.com/product_images/m/225/HWI0827_1lg__71279_zoom.jpg

A lot of money to spend to just to pretend.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how about Tef, a young bloke gets something me may enjoy riding and he thinks is cool?

I would have loved something like an RS50 when I was young, at todays rates £500 for something that looks the biz (and with good servicing should last him a year to his 17th) isnt really a big deal....

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 17:00 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nai wrote:
Oh how about Tef, a young bloke gets something me may enjoy riding and he thinks is cool?

I would have loved something like an RS50 when I was young, at todays rates £500 for something that looks the biz (and with good servicing should last him a year to his 17th) isnt really a big deal....

End of the day its his money... and we have all been there.... but doesn't hurt to point out how other people see your idea of 'Cool'....

I was sat in the car in town the other day, waiting for Snowie, reading Jupiter's travels, when kid on one of these came past....

He took an eturnity to get from the round-about behind me the 300 yards to the library.... he had the full kit to go with it, and really looked the part until he had to turn the 90 degree bend to go around the one way system, and a sports-bike cornering bolt upright DOES not look 'right'!

Though the funniest thing was Ped-boi Chav, who came up behind him cut up the inside of him, and then junked across him and into the pedestrianised precinct in-front of the library, shaking his unfastened MX helmeted head!

Meanwhile a £500 Aprilla two-stroke thats going to be what, seven, eight years old and unlikely to have escaped 16 year olds ideas of 'de-restriction', maintenance and 'ragging the arse off it', does NOT suggest a low maintenance high reliability ride to me!

On the other hand..... C50, for £200, and then some 'considered' application of MT45's, and pit-bike goodies, THAT'S another matter....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmhmm, we should go through life doing the sensible option for EVERYTHING shouldnt we Smile

Hold on, lemme go get my slippers and pipe for him....

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:49 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Up to now the advice as been "save up for your tests as soon as you hit 17", but that boat has sailed. It really doesn't matter what 16 year olds do now, they'll still be stuck on a 125 until they're 19.

OP, get whatever you can find within your budget. Just do take on board Tef's point that if you fettle it to do more than your provisional license allows, then you really might as well just ride a 125 or larger bike.

Glenben92
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:10 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

a geared 50 is hell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BruceT
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 30 Jun 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you sat on/ridden either before?

You're as we'll getting something you're going to enjoy, as long as you're aware of the financial folly (depreciation) involved. After all, enjoying your bike & looking forward to riding it, are all that keeps you hooked!
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 4 years, 98 days between these two posts...

Rs450 Rider
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:25 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: 2013 Aprillia RS4 50cc Fault Reply with quote

I have purchased a second hand 2013 RS4 50cc and have been riding for over 2 months, but after it has recently been through its MOT it seems to be playing up. When I get up to 25mph and give the bike more throttle the bike keeps jolting and the power is intermittently restricted when I reach that speed. I have recently changed the coil and spark plug but that hasn't stopped it. It seems to be an electrical fault, but don't know where from. If anyone else has come across this problem and have fixed it, could you help give some advise on how to overcome it. Thanks in advance.

carpe_diem
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:33 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my first advice would be to post this in the fucking workshop section.
Banana_B1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1