Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Yamaha YZF-R6 price?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:26 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: New Yamaha YZF-R6 price? Reply with quote

Rather pointless post really but it's something to chat about! Very Happy

By the way I’m not going to buy a new one if that’s what you all thought from the name! I wish! I saw this bike on ebay:

https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws3/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=2477475117

Yesterday it went up to £15,000? The bidder has retracted their bid now I noticed but isn't 15,000 a bit extreme of a price for a new 600? How much should it be worth?

Ps. check out the reason for cancellation of the bid. Hehe. He doesn’t sound too happy about it!

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:28 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, also is that a custom paint job on that bike? It looks like it! Dam nice bike though! Very Happy ah, one day!

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 10:39 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have a look at the about me page for the another-scam fellow.

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 10:39 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're probably one of those people that put down a bid with one account then use a 2nd account to bid something stupidly high. Then at the last minute withdraw their bid and their other account wins the item very cheap.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 10:47 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realise its a scam one children, the 2 high bidders are just accounts to warn people its a scam. Look at the usernames.

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a picture of another US bike like the CBR600RR that was knocking around last time. Yamaha seem to think the Yanks like flame effects, they did it on the R1 last year. They probably don't even own the pictures let alone the bike.

It always gets the alarm bells ringing for me when they claim to be in the UK and the English is very bad and they post a pic of a non UK bike. If you're gonna try and con someone at least make it believable! Rolling Eyes

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:17 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you know ive been using ebay for ages and i never thought about systems like that? Some people really are cunning! If you get cought out though theres hell to pay! me i wait till the last few minutes to bid. If you get it, you get it. If you don't then, well you dont, lol Laughing

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emailed him asking how long he's had the bike and where in the UK he is. I'm a bit bored, thought I'd do a bit a bating. Wink

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:42 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! Well this should be interesting to see what great story he makes up! keep it posted! Very Happy

Wonder how much he will lie about it? Liar

Shimmydude
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:46 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found a guy selling an NSR side panel with the grate on. His reserve looks like its £19 or less as it has been met at £19 so far. I wonder if he knows the grey grill over the outlet is worth from the Honda dealers alone? lol

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a reply. This is what I sent;

Quote:
Question from eBay Member: L@@ 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6

Dear grsmasxda,

Nice bike mate, how long have you had it? Where in the UK are you?

To view the item, go to: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2477475117

Thank you,
dainesefreak

This was his reply;

Quote:
Hi there
I live in London but right now i`m in Italy because i have to make some bussines in here and i will shiip you the bike from here .I have the bike from 4 month.I wiat to reply me asap
Thank you!!

Hmm, "I 'm in Italy because I have to make some business here", like trying to rip off unsuspecting bike buyers! Middle Finger

Here's the reply I sent, thought I'd break him in gently.

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for the reply. The bike looks very nice, it's unusual for you to have an American bike living in Italy do you visit the USA a lot then?

The photographs on Ebay are very good, perhaps you are a photographer? Have you got any more photos of the bike I would be very interested to see it in some closer pictures? Perhaps you have some with you in, as we say in the UK "standing next to your pride and joy", I suppose you have heard this phrase before though living in London.

I look forward to your response.

Thought I would send this before I started asking him to pose in his leathers for me! Wink

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 21:56 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent an email as well asking how long he has had it for.

I also said I could collect if not to fare from inverness (i'm from soton).

I wonder if his reply will be the same?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 19:29 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply from him
Quote:
Hi there
I have the bike from 4 month .I live in London Uk .From were are you ?I wait to reply me asap
Thank you!!

Sound simular.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 08 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, I think we may have been rumbled, I wonder what gave it away! Wink

Shame that the auction has unexpectedly finished now!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1