Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

i have lost power in my yamaha aerox

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

gavinboiiya
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:28 - 18 Jul 2012    Post subject: i have lost power in my yamaha aerox Reply with quote

hi, i have a yamaha aerox 2001 model. i had everything standard on it exept i had it de-restricted and had a polini variator 6 gram rollers. i was reaching speeds of between 45-55mph then i changed my crank as all the teeth were worn and the new crank was standard to. after i put everything back together the bike would reach 10mph kick in at full throttle to 40mph but if i let go of the throttle then re-open it, it loses all its speed (even if im going down hill) and stays at 30mph? i have just put a polini sport 70cc kit and a stage 6 pro replica exhaust on it and its does the same exept kicks in at 10mph till 23mph then will slowly reach 30mph and stay there?

any ideas please?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:18 - 18 Jul 2012    Post subject: Re: i have lost power in my yamaha aerox Reply with quote

gavinboiiya wrote:
any ideas please?

Buy a GS500.

I'd guess that you're already riding otherwise than in accordance with a license, and have committed insurance fraud, and construction and use offences.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 18 Jul 2012    Post subject: Re: i have lost power in my yamaha aerox Reply with quote

[quote="gavinboiiya"any ideas please?[/quote]

My old employers had a team of experts on vehicle builds, both customising and the legal implications of getting it wrong, call them on 0207-230-1212, give them your full details and there's a fair chance they might actually come out to advise you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TSMW
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 04:31 - 19 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ but put a red power band in first, so they can see you're trying. Thumbs Up

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 19 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

this new exhaust, did you check it didn't have a restrictor tube in the downpipe end before you fitted it?

colicabcadam
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:54 - 19 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked that the power band is in place ?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:31 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Re: i have lost power in my yamaha aerox Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
My old employers had a team of experts on vehicle builds, both customising and the legal implications of getting it wrong, call them on 0207-230-1212, give them your full details and there's a fair chance they might actually come out to advise you!

Ooooh, nice. I have also had dealing with that organisation and can confirm that they'll be delighted to take an interest in your situation of you explain it to them clearly. Thumbs Up

U_W v2.0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else thinking "what a prick, might as well not bother with insurance"?

your insurance is void because the machine is now illegal, your a turd and need a sledge hammer taking to the peice of junk ur riding.

frankly, whoever you smash into, i really hope they are big built and got muscles like hulk hogan back in his prime.

that way they can crush you into the space where your engine used to be.

GET LEGAL PRICK!

woodall57
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:09 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sensing

chav on a 50 rides around in joggers and 10 pound lid

outside of license permissions

riding de restricted hair dryer

invalid insurance
Middle Finger

its idiots like you that make our premiums go up each year Rolling Eyes
cbt:4/7/12 theory:16/7/12 module 1:12/8/12 module 2: ?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:58 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it isn't. If he stacks it, his insurer won't pay out to him. They will have to pay out to any 3rd parties, but can then recover the money from him. It actually costs the rest of us less.

Absolutely worst case, the MiB pays out and then sues him, we can't really lose.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's idiots like OP who take Brussels one step closer to banning 16 year olds from riding anything at all. Mad

U_W v2.0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
It's idiots like OP who take Brussels one step closer to banning 16 year olds from riding anything at all. Mad

while im NOT defending this twat, because they're so new to riding they have no idea what impact thier actions have on the long run. so we cant really blame them for brussels, instead we just have to blame the dick mongers in brussels for coming up with dumb ideas.

instead of banning 16 year olds, why not just make an engine that wont go over 30mph? wack those in peds, job done.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilligaf_NO wrote:
instead of banning 16 year olds, why not just make an engine that wont go over 30mph? wack those in peds, job done.

Erm they already do, the kiddies just modify them to squeeze an extra 5mph out of them.

U_W v2.0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
Dilligaf_NO wrote:

Erm they already do, the kiddies just modify them to squeeze an extra 5mph out of them.

ah fair play, i have a sevear disliking of mopeds and everything related to them so never tinkered/riden one. nor will i ever if i can help it lol

woodall57
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:13 - 20 Jul 2012    Post subject: Re: i have lost power in my yamaha aerox Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Andy_Pagin wrote:

Ooooh, nice. I have also had dealing with that organisation and can confirm that they'll be delighted to take an interest in your situation of you explain it to them clearly. Thumbs Up

interesting didnt know that

ah well, you learn something new every day lol
cbt:4/7/12 theory:16/7/12 module 1:12/8/12 module 2: ?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1