BCF: Bike Chat Forums

cbt time..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 18:59 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: cbt time.. Reply with quote

my cbt is booked for saturday, it starts at 8:45, what time will it finish roughly?

(i just got my first bike and it has to be left out in the rain til wednesday when theres room in the garage, is it okay to leave a bike in the rain)

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's fine to leave it in the rain. Smile

CBT lasts most of the day. You start in a car park and move onto the road for about 2 hours.

You'll get loads of info if you do a search. Smile

Have fun!

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 19:05 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god its my girlfriends birthday that day, please tell me it'll be finished by 5:30...

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:11 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine started at 8.30 and I was finished by 3.30. My bike lives in the rain, with a £15 cover from Halfords on it, its fine.

Enjoy the day mate, and listen, they are really good guys. Usually!

Craig G(Noggin)

The BeefMeister
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:35 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CBT lasted 6 hours. About 2 hours talking and stuff, 2 hours in a car park doing manoeurves and then 2 hours out on the road.
It seemed to go pretty quickly once we got out on the road. 2 hours seemed like 2 minutes.

Mac
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:42 - 09 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Another learner on the road.

I did my CBT in march...so i'l share a little bit of what they do. First they tell you a lot theory, things like position on the road, junctions, what certain signs mean. Then they take you out to the bikes, and tell you how to perform simple checks and what does what, how to fill up your oil level etc, simple stuff really.

Then introduce you to the bike, then you do these things :

Go in a straight line, then paddle it round and do it again, just to get used to the feeling of moving on the bike.
Then they will make you do slow contro, which on a scooter is just giving it some throttle and holding your back brake in so you can control the bike at slow speed without falling off it.
Then they make you do things like emergency stops, the U-turn, going around in figures of eight, going round in a set track.

Just really simple stuff really. I was lucky enough to have a really sound woman doing mine, she was ace, and told me absolutely everything i wanted to know. About dinner time is when you start doing all that stuff up there ^^^^^^.

When she thinks your ready she'l tell you to get geared up, fix you up with an earpiece and a walkie talkie, so she can communicate with you on the road, but you cant say anything back. When your both ready, thats it! your out on the road.

When i was doing mine i felt pretty nervous, the road seemed pretty scary to me at the time, but she was talking to you constantly, telling you things you were doing wrong etc. It's easy as hell mate, you'll feel nervous if you havent ridden a bike before, but its great fun. Make sure you make the best of the day , as the instructors are really helpful and nice people.

Also, my CBT started at 9, and i didnt come in from being on the road till 7. I was doing my CBT on a 50cc scooter, and there was a 19-year old doing his CBT on a geared bike, so it took him longer to do things like the U-turn.

Best of luck mate, brush up on some highway code etc before you go if you think you dont know your info.

Thumbs Up

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 10 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck mate!! You'll have loads of fun.

I started my CBT at 9am and was done by about 5.15pm. It depends on how well you do on the road...I was on the road with a 16 year old on a 50cc scooter who had no road sense at all, so the instructor had to direct a lot of his attention to him - "out of the gutter Mr Moped", "speed up" etc. I also had to have about 20 attempts at my U-turn after I'd been on the road.

So yeah it's a long day, but the finish time is dependant on not just you but the others doing it with you. So fingers crossed you don't get a Mr Moped like I did Rolling Eyes

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 22:35 - 10 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind how long the day is, but its my girlfriends birthday the same day and i need to spend time with her, im thinking i may unbook the cbt and do it another time

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:09 - 11 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be done by 5.30. Mine started at 10 and was finished at 4.30 - and we had a guy that just stalled every time he tried to move, and took 5-10 kicks to start it again Sad

daveiw
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, mine was a couple of months ago, started around 9:30 finished at about 3-3:30 GOOD LUCK (It's easy) Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1