What next? Now MAG are joining in!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C wrote:
However, I must agree with the basic message and MAG are very much ON the side of the biker in this from what I can see.

It is ludicrous to suggest that someone who owned a 250 superdream 20 years ago can buy a modern sportsbike and have any hope of staying on it, the difference is that you can now fall off at 150mph instead of 65mph - that means fatalities in this group are on the increase

I would support a move for regular compulsory re-testing if it meant that the accident and fatality statistics were reduced and the govt would leave us alone in what we choose to ride

Remember we live in the worst nanny state in the world today and if we don't, won't or can't look after ourselves then some well meaning but ill informed politician will do it for us.

More rigorous training and stricter testing is a must for anyone to ride a modern sportsbike in my book.

Otherwise the option will be taken away - we may well be looking at the end of the superbikes in this country

Thumbs Up I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.
I managed to persuade my father not to get back on two wheels after 30 years of NOT being on the road...he got the bug back after seeing me on my bike. Its these born agains that got their tests years ago when all you had to do to pass was ride pass the instructor on something like a 250cc bike and you got the certificate. Riding on a bigger bike with an instructor on your tail giving instruction thru the minicom is a far better way of easing yourself back into biking - and it should be law IMO.

Im all for people riding, but not for raising the death statistics. I would much rather see decent legislation out there, for all - car & bikers...move up in cc's do a test, simple and effective way of saving lives and keeping bikers safe. Karma
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 315 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3