Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DAS is gaurenteed pass?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 16:21 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: DAS is gaurenteed pass? Reply with quote

says on this leaflet i have that theres a 4 day DAS course and its guarenteed pass, does that mean you can ride any bike and its gaurenteed?

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:26 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

What it means is that if you fail your test they will give you more training and put you through the test again until you do pass.

You can only do DAS if you are 21.

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:28 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJam, only if you're 21 Crying or Very sad

Oh damn, I've missed my chance... I'm too old Wink

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:29 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shaddap! Razz

Everyone knows what I mean.

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:34 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I know, but I just wanted to get involved, and couldn't think of anything constructive to say, so I figured I'd be a bit distructive Rolling Eyes

(OT) Hmmm, has anyone done a regular test instead of DAS? I'm not too bothered by the restriction, and can't fork out the money on the DAS right now... Just interested in charges.

Zx6man
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hush, the wife (GINGERSV650S) took her test as normal. She had a couple of lessons on a big bike then went in for it. was about 50 quid for the test, 30 / hour lesson.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:52 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

With DAS you don't have to do the intensive course. You can do it slowly, taking lessons over a period of time.

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:56 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Zx6man, 50 notes would suit me down to the ground. I just wanna get rid of the L Plates... How are you doing by the way? Better I hope.

McJam, sure, if you can find somewhere willing to do that, I did a ring around a little while ago, and everywhere said that they can fit me in on a DAS course, but if I only wanted to take the license test, there would be a long wait (nearly 6 months), as they apparently don't like doing that - less money.

Besides, I won't be able to buy a bigger bike for a few years, so being limited to 33 doesn't bother me, and I'm starting to like what I've got, but I'd change it back for the SR-125 in a moment...

Zx6man
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Back is much better thanks hush, going to try a trial run out on the bike this weekend. I did manage to take it down the road for an MOT last week, but going to try go for a longer blast. Its getting into the leathers which will be the biggest challenge Shocked

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:03 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on ya. I bet the withdrawl shakes had set in a bit.

Zx6man
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep forgetting just how fast these bikes are.....

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 17:31 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Point worth remembering is that if you pass the restriced test and then buy a bigger bike it will cost you up to around £200 to restrict it, and that much is a hell of a lot towards doing DAS.

With the tests the training companies probably do block bookings well in advance, while someone just doing their test would have to wait.

All the best

Keith

T.C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Re: DAS is gaurenteed pass? Reply with quote

RooRoo wrote:
says on this leaflet i have that theres a 4 day DAS course and its guarenteed pass, does that mean you can ride any bike and its gaurenteed?

No one can guarantee you a pass unless they have the examiner in their back pocket so to speak, but as someone else has already said what many do is continue to train you until such time as you pass.

However, beware that their are often additional costs that are not explained up front such as bike hire for the additional days you require them, and in some cases they will hit you for the additional test fee, all you get is the actual training at no additional cost.

hush
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:45 - 12 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, point's a goodun, but in my case, no plans of changing my bike after the test so I'm sorted. And two years puttering around on a low power bike is no problem to me... Gives me plenty of time to gain experience and technique. Besides, maybe I'll find someone who wants to mount me on a race bike and employ me as a kamakazi racer till I can get a bigger road bike - I'm open to offers Exclamation

Nadeem
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:00 - 13 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do fail..how long is it before you can re-sit the das test?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 21:53 - 13 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 weeks minimum.

Depends on the waiting lists though.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:45 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed @ TC.
I had to pay an additional £50ish for the retest and then £50 for the bike hire. So that's another £100 for a day to take up their 'guarenteed pass' offer. Doesn't sound so great like that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 352 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1