BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cyclists - y so serious?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

sagalout
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:57 - 12 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycling has always been serious. Back in the 80's I remember spending about £200 on a racer, which is the equivalent of £800 in today's money, and that certainly wasn't top spec
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiffler wrote:
Currently sat knackered in my hotel bed in the alps. I've just ridden the Col du Galibier.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/225236107

Not particularly quick but I made it which is what I was here to achieve. My bike cost me £1400 5 years ago and although it's quite alot it's nothing compared to some of the other bikes in the group I'm with. There are bikes at 3k, 4k and 6k here!! I've been a keen cyclist for about 10 years now and for me it's a worthwhile investment. I do a fair few miles a year and have managed 5 trips to the Alps in that time too. Not particularly keen on being referred to as a bellend though...

Average over 11 mph over the Col du Galibier is outstanding in my book, well done Thumbs Up

OGR

Bikermice
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 17 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the person has earned their own money, they can spend it how they please. People will always want to spend money on what they enjoy doing. if you add up how much you have spent on alcohol in the last 9 years when tap water "would have done", how much could you have saved?

I like cycling and i like keeping cool and dry, so i spent £100 on gear and £300 on a bike. If you cycle more than 20 miles at a time you will soon appreciate where that extra money has gone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3