 Forky L Plate Warrior
Joined: 17 Sep 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:17 - 18 Sep 2012 Post subject: Bandit 600 Clutch issues? |
 |
|
Hi all my first post even though I have been having a little chat with the guys in the forum .
Basicaly she's a 1996 bandit 600 noticed clutch was slipping slightly at higher rpm.
Day later seems too be some clanging banging noise coming from close to the clutch. (every now and again) doesnt seem too make a difference if clutch is engaged or not.
Took plates off, they do need replacing, but the basket itself has wear marks from the plates and i can feel them with my finger!
Prior too this clutch seems relitivly smooth. Now my question is, is the banging sound etc a result in the basket being worn out or potentialy something else? I don't really won't too buy a new clutch, if it's not this as the bike isnt worth alot anyway...
Cheers guys
Sorry cant really explaine the sound very well but you can feel the vibration through the pegs !!
Upon taken the clutch plates out pushed around road still feel like a metal on metal sound coming from somewhere sound's like front sprocket area :/ any ideas guys?? brakes arnt binding at all |
|
 _Iain_ Banned

Joined: 01 Feb 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:24 - 18 Sep 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Couldnt you file the wear marks down/off completely & replace clutch plates with some 2nd hand ones?? Breakers might do some for peanuts.
No play in front sprocket?? I.e output shaft bearings fooked ____________________ Please be aware that the above post may be full of complete nonsense.
Riding: '07 KTM Duke II, Baotian BT49QT-20 Driving: '88 Volvo 340 |
|
 Forky L Plate Warrior
Joined: 17 Sep 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:36 - 18 Sep 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
havn't had time as of yet too have a look at the front sprocket, will do this tomo I was told when i bought the bike that the front sprocket was replaced. So I shall inspect after work. I have ordered new plates springs, and gasket so hopefully all will be here 2 mow, I have never had any problems or even looked at an output shaft bearing before sounds painful lol. |
|