BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Boots

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:24 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Boots Reply with quote

I've got all the protective gear now except for boots. Currently I wear combat boots when i'm out riding pillion with my friend. Do I really need to be looking to buy bike boots soon or are the combat boots just as good for protection?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:40 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Boots Reply with quote

RickHolt wrote:
Do I really need to be looking to buy bike boots soon or are the combat boots just as good for protection?

Not at all, they will protect you only in minor spills, anything else and the leather will wear through very quickly. They also don't offer as much support or structural rigidity.

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:52 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile Time to get more money out of my dad. I've been wearing the protective trousers for a while today and I think they will need changing.

Is there any way of finding out if anyone on BCF lives near me without asking around?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 15:33 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few others in/around manchester. Summy, JimboJ and another couple that I can't remember off hand, and I'm in Stoke which ain't too far away.

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some decent bike boots, they usually fit higher up the leg and provide calf/shin protection that the combats won't.

I was asking about the armour in the trousers because TC generally seems to recommend the softer memory foam/Keprotec armour that's available.

Good luck.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1