BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GO KART!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skadadal
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:18 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: GO KART! Reply with quote

Hey I know this isnt EXACTLY a go-kart forum but i saw some posts on the karts so i figured why not. If u wanna ban me for posint this ok... ANYWAY Ok i have a 5.5hp engine(briggs and straton) and it is on my gokart. heres the problem- the gokart goes 10MPH i can JOG faster than it goes... Trust me the chicks dont dig it(yea i kno...) WHY dosent IT GO FAST?!?! My freind has same engine set up almost(different brand) and his goes 25. Is it because it needs to be tuned to go faster instead of pull? Or Maybe the engine needs to be cleaned? Is it because the governor is on it? If u want pics I MIGHT be able to get some..

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:33 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be something as silly as a blocked air filter (get a new one) poor fuel mix, spark plugs, a leak in the air system....

Thats what you might want to check for starters (any consumables will be worth changeing anyway)..

Is it a 2 or 4 stroke engine?

Good luck sorting it anyway Thumbs Up

Skadadal
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:42 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

It is a four stroke suprisingly. But thanks for the pointers. I will see how i do with that. I am sure my pops will know where all the stuff is. Any other Suggestions?

Skadadal
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:47 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: haha o yea Reply with quote

Oh and by the way there is this hill by my house and at the bottom there is a Gas Station. We rode down the road(yea i know its illegeal Very Happy) and after we got down there we got a full tank of The best gas there. On the way back up the extremely steep hill we carried a full 5gallon tank me my friend a scooter and our beverages that is some hefty weight on a little cart and it didn't slow its speed AT ALL. So the fuel isnt a problem. And what are the so called 'Consumables' (im not an engine master, but i hope to be :p)

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 09:40 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure yours isn't just geared for a lower top speed than his? If it has no problem getting to top speed then I'd think about gearing it up...

Skadadal
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:02 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that would be done how?

Skadadal
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:43 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay i think this is govoner on my engine is it? (this is a pic of where the airfilter was) the little valve that shuts
was that the Govenor?

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this? Spot the difference? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1