Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Basettes pole crash(people in bad way)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ilovens125f's
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:29 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Basettes pole crash(people in bad way) Reply with quote

I just came back from basettes pole a crash happen at 09:45 I was there and it was ulgly. Two people on a bike (i counldent tell what bike it happened to quick before it could not be identified) A woman on the back and a bloke driving. The tyre blow out on the back and he was coming up to a courner at about 60 mph he went stright into the kerb the girl was flown off and the same tho the bloke. The man was alright just a bit shook , the woman was in a bush with her leg or arm in a very bad way she was still consus but was in a verybad way the ambleunce took 10mins to get their. I think there might of been someother people who were watching involed. If any one Know who the people are and if they are ok please tell me as I helped out and i would like to know!!

Yours
Kev

I just got a call I think the woman (from what I Have been told) was a spectator it was just the bloke riding.......Still not sure tho...........if so the bike must of hit her because the bike when me and a few other guys picked it up was within a couple of meters beside the girl

I do hope she is alright as I said please tell me If any one knows how she is
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tony
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:50 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seen it mate i seen it all the tyre didn't blow out from what i seen and the driver was on the bike on his own doing a knee down and the bike snaked and went out of control

thanks

bigbrumtonyuk

ilovens125f's
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:10 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the tyre did go as when we picked up the bike we looked at the back tyre and their was a massive rip down the centre
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 15:26 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Errr that could have been from the impact? And if he was getting his knee down wouldnt the puncture be on the side of the tyer?

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ilovens125f's
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:54 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea see your point tis still bad tho

ilovens125f's
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:26 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

From bbc

Five hurt as rally bike crashes
Five people were hurt - one of them seriously - when a motorcycle crashed into spectators at a bikers' rally.
The accident happened just before 2200 BST on Tuesday at Bassetts Pole on the Warwickshire/Staffordshire border.

A Birmingham woman, 37, is in intensive care at Good Hope Hospital with serious leg injuries. Two men aged 37 and 19, and a woman, 26, from the West Midlands, were also taken to hospital.

The biker, 28, from Bartley Green, Birmingham, suffered a broken wrist.

The gathering is not organised and consists of motorcyclists who gather to show off their vehicles
Inspector Mark Payne
The Bassetts Pole area is popular among bikers, and every Tuesday night up to 2,000 spectators gather to watch riders perform high-speed stunts.
Police say the motorcyclist was negotiating a chicane close to the McDonald's restaurant when he lost control of his machine and ploughed into a crowd of spectators.

Two police patrols were on duty in the area on Tuesday night but had been called away to other incidents at the time of the crash.

'Majority law-abiding'

Inspector Mark Payne, who is leading an investigation into the incident, defended the way the event was handled.

"The gathering is not organised and consists of motorcyclists who gather to show off their vehicles, but the majority of those attending are responsible and law-abiding motorcyclists.

"We've policed it in this way since 2001 and this is the first time there's been an accident here."

Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the event to get in touch.

They are particularly keen to hear from anyone who took pictures of the rally.

ilovens125f's
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:11 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard on the news the 37 year old woman died this afternoon.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1