Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


is hi vis worth it

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

parkinator
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: is hi vis worth it Reply with quote

hi just asking peoples opinion is hi vis jacket worth wearing during the day as i dont mind wearing it but how much dose it help other road users see me thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Re: is hi vis worth it Reply with quote

parkinator wrote:
hi just asking peoples opinion is hi vis jacket worth wearing during the day as i dont mind wearing it but how much dose it help other road users see me thanks


Laughing You're going to get some people saying it works others saying it doesn't - The only universal answer you get is that "You'll look like a spacker" (I had to look up what that meant).

Personally I think even if it increases your chances of being seen by 0.001% - that might be enough not to turn you into road kill one day. Over the winter months I'd err on the side of looking like a spacker.


Andy / ScaredyCat
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
soforene This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious answer is YES it does work...

But the answer that your looking for is NO you will look like a tit ...

But if your worried about safety maybe it's best to sacrifice you man hood Laughing
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ocatoro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen a few dayglow yellow helmets during my search for one. could be a fair compromise... probably even more eye catching than a hi vis jacket cos people'll be like wtfuuuu

Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT - 17/09/12 * Theory - 23/10/12 * Mod1 - 05/03/13 * Mod2 - 25/03/13 * BOSH!
Current - None Sad but shed project H100 (first bike Smile )
Past - ER5, '93 ZZR600, '92 CB400 SF, ZZR600 (again), yellow Monster 620, Blackbird - black Monster 620ie - '96 ZZR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my helmet I tried on a black one first and it looked amazing. But I went back for a white version (which they had to order in) for the visibility.

I wear my hi-viz at night or if the weather's gloomy, or perhaps on a longer trip.

Wear a full face helmet and at least nobody will know to whom they should attribute spackage points..
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
soforene This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ollossm
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Re: is hi vis worth it Reply with quote

parkinator wrote:
hi just asking peoples opinion is hi vis jacket worth wearing during the day as i dont mind wearing it but how much dose it help other road users see me thanks


when next in a car see which stands out most...those with visi vest or those without...which one did you see first out of the corner of your eye?
____________________
_______________________________________________________________
current bike: 2012 Honda CBF 125
past bikes: 2004 Suzuki VanVan 125 - 1988 MZ/Simson 50cc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wayne.p
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a fair few people pull out on me on one junction on my commute.

i purchased a hi vis for £2 off ebay for "effect" and to show im a "cautious rider" to examiner... wear it, and at the same junction, i see cars about to pull out, and actually stop now...

i look like a spacker for wanting not to get killed? thats cool... I will wear mine still on longer runs / nsl roads etc... but around town, nah, i think the jacket'll do (30mph roads etc)

(but bear in mind the brakes on a 125 arent that great for higher speeds... perhaps on a larger bike i'll feel more confident with the better braking Razz)
____________________
CBT= 2006... Passed car test=8/3/08... then a break in biking...
CBT= 14/7/12 Done, Theory= 6/9/12 Done, Mod1= 26/9/12 (fingers crossed), Mod2= to be booked... (pending mod1)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

janner_10
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Re: is hi vis worth it Reply with quote

parkinator wrote:
hi just asking peoples opinion is hi vis jacket worth wearing during the day as i dont mind wearing it but how much dose it help other road users see me thanks



Buy one and let us know your findings.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yellow-Hi-Vis-High-Viz-Visibility-Vest-Waistcoat-Jacket-Safety-EN471-Work-Size-/140610425468?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item20bd08d27c#ht_1032wt_954

Less than £3
____________________
Yamaha FZS600 (Now gone to heaven) > CBR600F4i (SOLD) > '99 YZF-R1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne.p wrote:
but around town, nah, i think the jacket'll do (30mph roads etc)


You really need to have a look at this thread if you think a 30mph accident wont hurt much. The thread title is "Crashed,Nearly died, looking for advice ( nsfw pics ? ) "

Warning it's fairly gruesome and remember you can't unsee stuff.


Andy / ScaredyCat
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple


Last edited by ScaredyCat on 22:47 - 23 Sep 2012; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Magnet
Crazy Courier



Joined: 13 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we are all gonna die one day and I for one would rather not die looking like a spaka. Besides most cagers want too kill you anyway, so why make yourself more visible to them?

https://i50.tinypic.com/35n3n88.gif
____________________
It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.

GPZ600R Sold, Now ZZR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the high vis helmets are becoming more and more popular,
I would purchase one for the foggy / rainy days , what with englands weather conditions all year around , as above their like £2
Off eBay !

Bargain even if its going to sit on a shelf ...

Matt
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
soforene This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

soforene wrote:
Flatbadger wrote:
When I got my helmet I tried on a black one first and it looked amazing....
You do know they take it off in the coffin, right? Laughing


Not sure I follow, unless you think I got the black as well. I got the white one instead.
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

soforene wrote:
wayne.p wrote:
... perhaps on a larger bike i'll feel more confident with the better braking Razz)
And so you won't need to wear your Hi-Viz cus you can out-brake everyone that pulls out in front of you cus they don't see you?

Okie Dokie then ....... Smile

I ride a 1300 CC momo bike with linked ABS and I still wear Hi-Viz. Must be a pussy......


He's ghost rider he doesn't need high vis, he will just ride over them !
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

the INVISIBLE biker!
In depth muse on the topic.
In recent post I pondered whether our strivings for safety were to some degree counter-productive....
I mean we stick a goldfish bowl on our bonce to protect our heads, and no-one can see our face.... people are pre-programmed to LOOK for faces... we see faces in clouds or colons & brackets, bricks in walls, every where, becouse our brain is hard wired to LOOK for things that look like faces......
So having covered our visage, the ONE thing people NATURALLY look for.....
We moan they dont see us.....
And like a child pinching to get your attension, do stuff that we know CAN be rather annoying.....
Waving bright lights around, wearing claring day-glow colours and screaming for attension...
Then like the child pinching you becouse they want a hug.... wondering why they dont get 'possitive' attension...

I have, I'm afraid a rather jaded outlook on the whole thing, and I think that we ARE looking at the wrong things to keep us safe, and doing a lot of things that aren't SO great.....

And out there, day-glow NOW is just ANOTHER bright attension grabbing blob, in teh corner of our eye, and IGNORED.

https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/00_genral/original-uk-motorcycle-conspicuity-design.jpg

Ask this chap; you couldn't put more Hi-Vis on if you tried, and they do, with flashing blue lights and loud sirens, and they will tell you people STILL dont see them!

I dont habitually wear Hi-Vis..... I do like Snowie to wear it, and she does feel more confident in it.

From some photo's of doing some Mod 1 practice in teh dark, Snowie wearing a green Sam-brown Belt and Smiler wearing my Hi-Vis vest......
https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/Little%20Dreams/Last%20Ride/000_0056.jpg
I have to say that I am now MORE convinced that the bright yellow rectangle of whiote reflecting material does NOT do so much to help....

Its just another big white blurr, the reflected light whiting out whatever is around it... could be a bike, could be a trolly boy from ASDA could be a truck driver checking his tyres in a lay by, could be a chap walking the dog....... or an abandoned road works sign....

The hi-vis belt..... refelecting LESS shear light, giving it a tint, didn't over expose photo's so badly, AND you get some 'sense' of whats WEARING the strip.... it gives an outline and lets you see something around the strap.

BUT.... Open face hat. People are PROGRAMMED to look for faces!

I wear an open face round town, or a flip, which I usually wear open unless on faster roads....

People see my ugly mug..... small children scream, women feint, and blokes go looking for pitchforks....... well, may be its not THAT bad...

But, They SEE my face... and they are LOOKING for faces and they instantly recognize one, and instantly they PERSONIFY me....

Popping to the petrol station; its on the main-ish road to town out of the estate. On the right hand side from the way I'll be approaching it, and there'll usually be a stream of traffic coming the other way from town... round a corner and up the hill, so they 'appear' (on this 20mph traffic calmed road!) at about 40mph, 'just' the other end of the petrol station forecoart.

Now....this FACE recognition 'thing' is ONLY a personal theory, a muse... BUT, If I have been in my old full-face or got the chin down on the flip..... when I get to that junction to pull in to the petrol station, more often than not, I'm ignored. Same junction in my open of flip.... people see my face.... and FAR more often, they will slow, or actually stop and bekcon me accross into the petrol station.

People's reaction to me as a 'biker' pulling up in an open lid, outside the convenience store, or super-market, are also consistently 'more freindly' they smile, or they at least DONT look so worried, when I'm in an open lid to a full face.

The ONLY think that really accounts for this is that the SEE MY FACE!

L-Plates are another 'thing'... they aren's significantly a 'conspicuity aid'... yet... my experiences supported by others....

Get o a bike with L-Plates... buggers SEE you and do almost ANYTHING to bully you off the road trying to get past.

Same bike, no L-Plate... same rider... they just DONT see you, or behave as if they dont.....

Hang on... why do they SEE you with an L-Plate but not without?

Truth is, that they probably allways SEE you... they just dont know what they are looking at!

The L-Plate is an icon... its instantly recognised, like a face.... but they associate it with 'Learner' which means bimbling idiot likely to hold them up........ hence thier endevours to get past you......

Take it off, they still SEE you... but they dont KNOW what they are looking at.... so they behave as though you aren't there....

Its all to do with driver cognicence & behaviour and getting peoples attension, positively, takes a lot more than trying to stand out from an increasingly atension seeking 'crowd'.....

And bottom line..... we are relying on them 'doing the right thing'.....

And that is not always a great thing to rely on!

Is HEARTENING that for ALL we say that theres always the other guy, and that we critisise other drivers so much... if you think about it, we DO rely on them 'doing the right thing' or at least what we expect, an AWFUL LOT... and more often than they dont.... they DO do as they should or do do as expected.....

Keeping our wits about us, NOT presuming people will ALWAYS do what they should or is expected, paying atension to hazards, NOT gettiong blase about 'safety' leaving it all to other people, presuming day-light running lights, hi-vis, safety wear or helmets will 'protect' us, NOT taking 'stupid risks', and putting ourselves in the firing line needlessly.... THAT makes us 'SAFEr'.....

Hi-Vis? Very small part in the bigger picture.... how useful? Well I think that like almost ALL 'safety aids' it only works within VERY narrow limits, and its value is significantly over-rated... but not entirely 'useless'.

And like the big-bib to the discrete strap, I don't think that more is necessarily 'better'....

But as a part of a considered approach to 'safety', a part and a small part, not the be-all and end all, it has some worth... and cant really do much harm.
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'


Last edited by Teflon-Mike on 03:48 - 24 Sep 2012; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no!

If they aren't going to see you with your headlights on, whats a bit of yellow going to do.
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I say no!

If they aren't going to see you with your headlights on, whats a bit of yellow going to do.


Get them a caution for possession?
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
And out there, day-glow NOW is just ANOTHER bright attension grabbing blob, in teh corner of our eye, and IGNORED.


I was going to say something similar, but teffers beat me to it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ollossm
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I say no!

If they aren't going to see you with your headlights on, whats a bit of yellow going to do.


That pre-supposes they have their lights on....newer bikes come auto on from ignition...older bikes means turning the beam on.

I see riders with no lights and no visi - I think these people want to be inconspicious and semi invisible by removing both aspects of greater / increased visibility in daylight - but it is personal choice at the end of the day
____________________
_______________________________________________________________
current bike: 2012 Honda CBF 125
past bikes: 2004 Suzuki VanVan 125 - 1988 MZ/Simson 50cc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wayne.p
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 23 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

You really need to have a look at ....


i know a 30mph accident will hurt, what im saying is, i feel confident in a 30mph emergency stop on my 125, i dont have confidence that i would be able to do so on a nsl road in time... so that hi-vis could be the difference between life and death.


[quote=Magnet420]
why make yourself more visible to them
[/quote]

hmm,... im wondering, I drive a car too... Am i classed as a cager too? what exactly is a Cager ... is it a car driver in general or some twat who never looks?

@matty king...
i may get a new helmet, my box lid is a little chilly for the winter coming (and wind noise is getting a little annoying...) - i actually considering a hi-vis lid... not an ebay special though, because dont want the postman smashing it about in the back of his van, Razz

@soforene
hmmm, seems a little agreesive, and the hidden note of you being a pussy? hmmm ... I wear a hi-vis, i didnt call anybody a pussy... - hell, i even wear boots n armour jacked to nip to the shops. - even in the baking summer... (sweating my tits off didnt bother me as much as road-rash would of)

also, the fact is, at 30 round town, i can see up junctions to "anticipate" peoples actions, even though its not 100%... and then sound my horn to alert them if i even THINK they havent seen me.

and tbf, when it comes time for a new jacket (perhaps april time) i am looking into some high-vis m/c jackets... (like from the oxford range)...

im not fussed about looking like a spacker, like i said. i'd rather be alive. but its personal choice. and you do what you think is right for you!

and also, note i said PERHAPS - I have yet to ride a larger bike... so am unsure of braking on them... so chances are i will want to keep the highvis 24/7 if riding...

Razz
____________________
CBT= 2006... Passed car test=8/3/08... then a break in biking...
CBT= 14/7/12 Done, Theory= 6/9/12 Done, Mod1= 26/9/12 (fingers crossed), Mod2= to be booked... (pending mod1)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

barrkel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:30 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne.p wrote:
i know a 30mph accident will hurt, what im saying is, i feel confident in a 30mph emergency stop on my 125


I've had a crash at about 30mph. The guy was parked up just after a bus stop, waiting to let his friend off when the bus came. The bus duly came, and stopped, and not long after, I came along. I overtook the bus, but the car parked up just after the bus thought that would be a great time to do a u-turn, since he had dropped off his friend. So I see a car merge onto the roadway from the left, I swerve to my right, but it keeps coming and I end up colliding with it in the oncoming lane and bouncing off its bonnet. Bike busted beyond economical repair.

Point no. 1: a 30mph emergency stop isn't always enough, even when you never lose control or traction.

On the topic of hi-vis: the combination of a white or light gray helmet and bright yellow hi-vis makes you look a lot like the police in a brief rear view mirror glance. You'll see people putting on their seatbelts as you approach. IMO people are definitely clocking you more.

I used to wear a fluorescent yellow textile jacket. It helped me be seen. It also got very visibly dirty and it wasn't really possible to clean it - two cycles in the machine, and it still had grime on it.

Nowadays I wear all black general gear, but bright yellow fluorescent rain gear. All my bikes are also black. I ride with the assumption that I will not be seen; and when approaching a car from behind, I almost prefer it if he doesn't see me. I find cars more predictable if they aren't swerving to "make space" for me. I am generally behind a car for too short a period in any case; I normally overtake after no more than 10 seconds on my usual urban routes, if I'm not maintaining a speed of 7mph or so faster than the traffic throughout. My defense is to keep moving into open space and to keep my forward observations up, and figuring out what a car is going to do before the driver does.

Cars at junctions will occasionally pull out; less often with hi-vis, but they'll still do it. Sometimes van drivers will do it just because you're on a bike and they're bigger. You need to be prepared for being seen, but still being ignored, and having a safety margin in either speed or position to avoid.

Oh, and that car driver who did the u-turn into me? I was wearing my fluorescent textile jacket that day, and he saw me, and he still did the u-turn. He figured I wouldn't overtake the bus because it had just started to indicate, and the rules of the road say you "should" (not "must") give way to buses pulling out. He was 18 years old, and had taken the rules of the road a little to literally for the real world.

And that's point no. 2: even if they see you, they'll still drive into you.
____________________
Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:00 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ollossm wrote:
That pre-supposes they have their lights on....newer bikes come auto on from ignition...older bikes means turning the beam on.

I see riders with no lights and no visi - I think these people want to be inconspicious and semi invisible by removing both aspects of greater / increased visibility in daylight - but it is personal choice at the end of the day


https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/00_genral/HeadlightCompare.jpg

Side-Lights vs Head-Lights.... another instance less can be more. That bright dazzling head-lamp could be a glinting reflection from a car windscreen, and looking into it, you have bright blob dazzling you to whats around it. Side lights, here, show less light, and still capture attension, but allow you to actually interpret what you are looking at better.

Drivers eye view.... what do you see?
https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/Little%20Dreams/Last%20Ride/imag2069.jpg
IS there a bike in that pic? Really? Look again.
Remember YOU are conciousely looking for them.... and taking your time to LOOK,
A car driver is quickly glancing in that mirror, and they are looking for CARS or ABSENCE of cars... NOT 'motorbikes'......

That is REALLY what we are up against...... the 'conditioning' of drivers who with less than 1% of road traffic motorcycles..... 99% of the time are dealing with other cars, NOT bikes. Bikes are to them, alien objects, that just don't enter their sphere of comprehension!

Yeah, GREAT if they DO take notice.... but really its up to us to compensate for the fact that WE are the minority and look out for ourselves and not rely on other people looking out for us... even IF technically they should.
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thepuma
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:24 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one when I first started riding but I started to notice other road users doing stupid things around me...pulling in front of me, driving within an inch of my back tyre, overtaking me at inappropriate times....I thought it 'may' have been to do with the Hi Viz vest bringing attention to me and the fact I was a learner.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to ditch the hi viz and experiment without it...and amazingly almost ALL these stupid drivers doing silly things around me stopped. I noticed it straight away. So I don't wear it anymore, other than for my tests to get brownie points from the examiner.


As the nights are drawing in now, I might start wearing it when its dark, but won't do during the day, I just don't like the negative attention it seams to bring.
____________________
YBR125 (SOLD) - CBR250R(SOLD) - CBR650F(SOLD) Current - Street Triple
765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.16 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 149.79 Kb