Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Return of the Novice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GLove
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 26 Sep 2012    Post subject: Return of the Novice Reply with quote

Yo guys and girls, this be my second topic on the forums and wanted to update you, and maybe ask some questions.
So I rode my first bike (2008 CBR125 Rw7) back home 22miles the other day in the dark and wiiind - scary s#@t for me but I'm glad I did!
Then the day after that I went out on it an just circled some back roads behind where I live to get in touch a bit more with it. I eventually ballsed it up and told myself to ride into the city, which is only like 2 an a half miles but lots of traffic lights and 5+ roundabouts; and this ride was so good I didn't stall once or have any problems there or back, felt so chuffed!
Now today because I was feeling good and comfy with the bike I went out and did my circling the back roads and then went to a car park and practiced some slow speed control. Then I headed to the city again and stalled a handful of times in a lights queue but didn't cause any problems. Made it in and then when I headed home I stalled at some lights and this landed me stalled on a hill (not too big of a hill but still) anyway, it took me forever to get up that hill, aaanyway this story ain't that exciting, in short now heh I stalled a couple more times on the way home and it ended up feeling like not so good a day of riding. But alas! Tomorrow! I think I'm just annoyed I had one day which felt really good and then the day after I'm stalling all over the shop.
If this makes any sense and you can advise me I think I've just developed a little problem with moving off after I come to a stop; could be just a off day though lets hope! I hear you can get those.

Another note my theory test is in a week and I bought The Driving Test Success DVD I was advised to on here earlier, and I already have a Highway Code book, a hand me down from my Sister but it's revised 2004 I'm not sure as to how much it's changed since then if at all?? And I've got bookmarked some guys here some websites that are helpful, but anything else could be good..

I was also wondering if it's best to get a few lessons on the go now, whilst I'm still sponging up habits, what do you reckon? Thanks for reading if you made it through and like I always say I appreciate the help loads! Niiice One!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cbaz
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 26 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably getting a bit cocky with the clutch, I did this when I first started riding. Remember, its not a car clutch!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jeddy11
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 26 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

clutch controll is the key plenty of revs and control your movement with the clutch, control your speed with the clutch not the throttle for slow speed , slow control etc..

Your stalling as your either letting the clutch out too sharply or you havent got enough revs simples..!
____________________
Fuelly My Z1000SX
cbt 06/08/11 mod1 (second go) 01/08/12 mod2 21/09/12
Varadero Viking YBR125>Varadero125>ER6F>Z1000SX !!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.4 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 36.97 Kb