 Rizzix Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 21 Sep 2012 Karma :    
|
|
 Chalky. World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jun 2010 Karma :  
|
|
 Rizzix Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 21 Sep 2012 Karma :    
|
|
 mr-jermy Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 17 Oct 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:03 - 22 Oct 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
you'll also need an insurance cert or cover note, most insurers these days can email them to you  |
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:16 - 22 Oct 2012 Post subject: Re: Buying a SORNed bike |
 |
|
Sure, you could do it, but...
| Rizzix wrote: | I'm buying a bike from a guy in a few weeks that is currently SORNed with no tax.
He has agreed to MOT it the day I'm collecting |
If he's got it insured and MOT'd he can stop off on the way home and tax it, at your cost if necessary.
Be prepared for an "Actually, mate, I don't have time to MOT it today, but it'll sail through, no problems. [Hand over money] Thanks, now if I see you again, I'll set the dog on you. [SLAM]"
That's if it's even still available in "a few weeks". What's so special about your money that he'll turn down anyone else's? Why would he trust that you won't find something better or cheaper in the meantime?
Bag o' cash view bike that's ready to be ridden home ride home. Far fewer disappointed people all round. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|