BCF: Bike Chat Forums

suzuki gz 125...lack of power?????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

LRGy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:43 - 18 May 2013    Post subject: Sorted..! Reply with quote

Well after checking and re-checking everything and cleaning the carb out for the 5th time it is now reaching 60mph, unfortunately I don't know exactly how I fixed it, fairly sure it was the carb.

Spudly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 18 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing I found useful on mine was to drain the fuel tank and get rid of all the gunk inside it. That combined with the carb cleaning sorted mine right out.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 54 days between these two posts...

Ghost Vigilante
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:53 - 11 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having same problem with speed, I own a 2014 AJS raptor DD with 1000 miles done, it's a great bike similar to the marauder but find it hard to get her past even 45mph without thrashing the nuts of it, I know it's classed as a cruiser but not being able to get past 50mph on an A roads is just embarrassing to say the least, It's not even due it's second service yet, no rattles and engine sounds beautiful on idle but I wished it had a bit more ommmph, feeling disappointed atm as no where near taking my full license as only had the bike a month and want to learn better riding skills first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 18:44 - 11 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a 2005 DD125 a few years back. 55 tops. But, a) you have to thrash it to get there, b) it would do it 2-up up hills, suggesting that part of restriction for Asian markets to 55mph or whatever that is in Kph is to down gear them. Might have benefited from an extra tooth on front sprocket if we'd kept it, but? never going to be much faster, while most roads round here are 50 restricted anyway, unless you want to bash by-passed, and who does, who cares?
For a cheap chink? I was mildly surprised by it... always started on the button, little shook loose or fell off, and it didn't beg huge amounts of fettling, apart from very frequent chain adjustment.. cos its so long and shit quality... sorted that too with a decent euro grade chain.
Didn't dissuad me from my opinion that if you know enough to live with a chink, you probably wouldn't buy one.... O/H bought it 3 & 1/2 years old with a fairly fresh MOT for £500... and it did her a couple of years without begging any great bills, though she met me in her frustration NOT finding any-one to flog her a C&S kit! They aren't the best supported bikes, and if you dont know any more than how to order parts by what it says on the side panel, can be vexing; But, bludy glad she didn't pay the new retail price of £1600, 'cos at five years old, with a fresh MOT advertised for £300 she couldn't shift the bludy thing when she wanted something better suited to doing tests on!
My advice? Learn to thrash it. Mess with it and enjoy it for what it is.... it'll never be much faster than it is, though a bit of messing might eek out NSL, but otherwise, plot your route to enjoy the scenary, and be ready for the long-haul with the thing, cos you'll probably have to run the thing a while to get the value from it, to take the sting out of the depreciation, come resale time!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2