Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Channel 5 - 7.30pm tonight

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Channel 5 - 7.30pm tonight Reply with quote

Supposed to be a program on about road rage between bikers and cagers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha. excellent. Nearly tw*tted some pr1ck with a caravan just yesterday. Twisted Evil

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg what a pr*ck in his white van!

" I love it when motorbikes get stuck in traffic" Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 children pillions on a bike. Thats safe! Rolling Eyes

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 20:57 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was on private land, no cars, nothing else and was for about 20ft.

Nothing unsafe about that, as long as they hold on!

stu
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:59 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady on the bike in leathers was nice! ok i'll be quiet now then Smile

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That cyclist with the pony tail, baseball cap and blue T-shirt deserves to be knocked off.. He spent more time on the wrong side of the road/ central reservation/ pavements than he did on the correct side.

Having said that, the guy who thinks (motor)cyclists are fair game to hit if they pull in front of him at the lights needs putting in jail too. To my mind, it makes no sense to be on anything other than 2 wheels..

It's always the unreasonable few that make the bad name for everyone else.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 21:00 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

how insane was that courier rider Shocked
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 21:01 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all like that, utter mental.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 21:03 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a fantastic career Razz for when i get booted off the force (when i join)... old R1... chip it through traffic... ultra speedy like.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
Was on private land, no cars, nothing else and was for about 20ft.

Nothing unsafe about that, as long as they hold on!

Nothing unsafe about that unless the kids fall off or the guy drops it because 3 kids will make a bike heavier.

I'm not saying it was outrageous but it wasn't the most responsible act of parenting I've seen. It's all fun and games until he drops them.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 21:20 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep fair enough, I agree with that.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma @Carvell

(just bitchin' cause they were children, thats all)

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 21:24 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu wrote:

seconded Very Happy

As for the programme, it all seemed logical being london and being as busy as it is - "every man for themselves"
I think they had every right to do what they done, a bit crazy going that fast but if it gets the job done, sorted Thumbs Up Wink

Crazy Manx Man
The Fly Swatter

PostPosted: 22:26 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

errr....i've had three fat fuckers on my bike before... and just to rub it in, all without protective gear too... Wink Razz Wink

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Manxman, but you were one of them Laughing Wink

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:48 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was going to be more of a general programme, not just in London and (basically) just motorbike couriers. I'd be interested to see something similar but country-wide, not just London.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of couriers are in London. Thumbs Up

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 23:06 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My uncle was a courier in Aberdeen. They're just the same.

GFK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:44 - 25 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a few minutes of that programme.

I must say, it painted a very bad picture of all bikers. To redress the balance, it didn't exactly portray White Van Man as a pillar of society either.

Its interesting to know, though, that if you're a biker on the roads today, there are some four-wheeled motorists who would apparently go out of their way to kill or injure you, simply because they have to queue, and you don't.

ZZ-Rse
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:01 - 25 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFK wrote:
Its interesting to know, though, that if you're a biker on the roads today, there are some four-wheeled motorists who would apparently go out of their way to kill or injure you, simply because they have to queue, and you don't.

It's not so much that, the thing that utterly chills me is the simple lack of any sort of emotion as someone pulls out on you. I've lost track of the times that eye contact has been made, the cage driver has smiled vaguely and just edged across my half of the road to stop and wait for a gap in traffic the other way, not really caring if you ride smack into the side of their car (after all, it won't hurt them much) or manage to haul the brakes on hard enough.
It used to be that you would wait until a suitable gap appeared in traffic, then you'd pull out. Nowadays it's simply look for the most easily intimidated vehicle and pull out in front of it.
One of the few good reasons I ever found for wearing a tabard was the fact that if you are easily identified as a dizzy the cages tend to be a little more careful. Sometimes the reputation of a lunatic can indeed be useful Wink

sv_cath
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:11 - 25 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't believe that bloke who was upset that a motorcyclist had a go at him for 'just tapping his back wheel at traffic lights' - he's lucky the guy didn't lump him one! Mad

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 25 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS-Keith wrote:
stu wrote:

seconded Very Happy

I know the girl on the bike in the program, her name's Natalia she provides support/training for Tivoli/Alarmpoint. She actually has a ZX9R, not sure what bike she was on in the program it looked a bit old. I'll ask her next time I see her.

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 25 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recon that mistreatment towards pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists should be dealt with in a very seroius way. the discrimination and damn right stupidity, carelessness and danger shown by some car drivers towards this vulnerable group on our roads is appaling.

You only have to ride down the street to find this out.

it begs belive how a common car driver can actually think so little/care so little about these very vulnerable groups.

We all have equal right to use ANY form of transport on out roads and we shouldnt have to feel scared to use our bikes (motor or push or even walk.)

i see bad driving all the time. and btw i am a safe car driver, i have iam, so im not being a hippocrite.

big up to that family taking to the road on bikes! fuck gayass car drivers! any incidents resolving from careless/ stupid car driving should be dealt very seroisly to eliminate cap/dangerous car drivers. Nuff said!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2