Need cheering up :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 28 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Karen,
Hope your o.k and on the bright side (there is allways one), You don't have to m.o.t the car this weekend now!

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 20:37 - 28 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a hard time before going with my girlfriend when she said she wanted to be friends, was strange, most have the hard time after..it'll get better after a while and you'll realise that if she was really worth thinking about all the time, she wouldnt of left you by email.

There'll be other girls out there who wouldnt do that, and you'll find them!

*realises that doesnt help in the least*

It'll get better though

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 28 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as the Tarot cards say, 'you are at your lowest point in fortune, so things can only get better'.

Chin up dude, things will work themselves out. Sh1tty situation to be in, but it will get better. Go out with your mates etc. but don't drink to much. Beer and emotion don't mix. Thumbs Up

Good luck dude.

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 28 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

Just think, on Tuesday you'll see my smiley face across the desk from you! Wink

I don't think I have got anything in my diary Tuesday lunchtime so you and me will go to the goumet hamburger bar & stuff our faces! My treat!

We'll put the world to rights!

See you Tuesday
R

syris
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:15 - 28 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about that mate, wouldnt worry i broke my ankle today and ruined my wee bike today at a bloddy round about.

Dont worry about it things will get better Thumbs Up

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 21:47 - 28 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
...on the bright side (there is allways one), You don't have to m.o.t the car this weekend now!

She just had done!

headlamp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 28 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syris, sorry to hear about your crash. Take care and hope you are on the mend soon.

H

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:39 - 29 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met up with her tonight, got a bit emotional. She's constantly on and on about being mates... its weird cos all my mates i've spoken to seem to all agree that she's pursuing this 'mates' thing a bit too, as if she has an ulterior motive, they think she has either slept with someone behind my back and feels bad or really wants to sleep with someone! Either way, nothnig to do with me anymore Sad

ps. cant wait til im back at work!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 04:10 - 29 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazza wrote:

Of all the problems that people have to endure (real problems), this must rank as THE most insignificant piece of nonsense I've come across for a long time.

I assume your bike was insured, so get it fixed/replaced. Then go and find another girlfriend.

Pull yourself together you muppet. Rolling Eyes

I wasn't too impressed with your posts in the Bassett's Pole thread, after reading that I know I was right, you really are a twat Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bikegirl
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 04:23 - 29 May 2004    Post subject: Sigh.... Reply with quote

A big pat on the back for all dumpees. We've all been there oh yes.

Can I have some sympathy too please? I know I'm new to the forum an' all, but hear me out...

I've just had my 3rd back op in 2 years. Sad
It'll be another 6 to 8 weeks until I can get back onto my R6 and the sun's out, my bike is keening to me and my mates are bragging about their exploits! I managed to fit a few track days inbetween ops (perhaps unwisely, but life's there to be lived n'est pas?) and can't wait to get back on track so to speak.

In the meantime I'm popping painkillers and being a web geek.

Susie

mazza
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:

I wasn't too impressed with your posts in the Bassett's Pole thread, after reading that I know I was right, you really are a twat Neutral

I missed this Pheonix when it was posted. Probably just as well.

Bassets Pole was a dreadful incident which involved a biker and and a member of the public being killed. Leaving a bereaved family and a biker who's prosecution is probably nowhere near the punishment he's dishing out to himself. And Basset Pole goes on I noticed much the same as before.

So taking a view which objects to these types of events managed in the way they are makes me a twat!? Evil or Very Mad

And the irony is, you brought that thread into a thread with somebody needing support because he fell off a bike and his girlfriend dumped him. That's what I meant about 'real problems'. Think it through.
RRJimLad This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bikegirl
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:08 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazza wrote:

a thread with somebody needing support because he fell off a bike and his girlfriend dumped him. That's what I meant about 'real problems'. Think it through.

Being new here I have no wish to get involved in battles, but I do think that although the problem of falling off a bike and losing a girlfriend is relatively small in the scheme of things, it is still a valid problem, has caused Mike pain and does deserve some sympathy and understanding.

We all get down occasionally and telling us that our problems are insignificant compared to, say, 3rd world poverty, isn't going to help.

mazza
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, OK, fair point.

But when I made that post, it was in semi-serious mode. If you believe that. Honest.

True, a breakup, any breakup in fact, can be stressful, so OK, perhaps a little too harsh in retrospect.

Apologies to the chap who posted the original, Mike I think. Smile

bikegirl
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:21 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazza wrote:
Apologies to the chap who posted the original, Mike

Cool So Mike, how's tricks now?

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks peeps! I'm feeling slightly better tbh. My injuries have as good as healed, foot is still bruised and hurts after walking for a while, but other than that im fine physically. As regards the ex, she called me her 'special friend' rather than 'her ex' to someone which is a bit weird. Im taking the following viewpoint... if i call/txt her, she'll still be in control and think 'mike will be there, he aint over me, etc...' so im thinking i should not call or txt her at all, let her come to me, one day she might think 'wonder what mike is up to' and she may contact me. Last contact I had was exchanging some txts on sunday. I guess i'll find it too hard to be mates, couldnt bear to see her with another bloke. With her going on bout being mates all the time, its a bit like her having her cake and eating it!

It's just so hard and all I wanna do is see and speak to her, but I know I can't. Plenty more fish in the sea i know, i'm only 24, just it seems to get harder before it gets any easier.

mazza
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusious say...

The best way to attract someone is not to try. Wink

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

how true u think that is mazza? i can see how that makes sense as it goes!

mazza
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true.

You win both ways. Think about it...

Pretend not to care, you're getting into the right frame of mind to get over her dumping you. If there's any chance of a reconciliation, she'll find your carefree attitude attractive.

Secondly, you may, with that kind of independent attitude find someone else....maybe....wait for it....dare I say it.....better!!!

See? Both ways you win.

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

point taken! I reckon if i take the carefree attitude, she'll just think 'well f*ck it, he clearly dont care about me' and i prob won't ever speak with her again, which is a bit of a shame, but then it wasn't my decision in the first place

Dark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, i got dumped from a 5 year relationship 6 months ago and felt the same way.

But one day i went out determined to try and have a good time and have been living the high life for over 5 months now. I am having the best times of my life!

I've also ridden my bike more than ever and have become a far better rider!

Don't get me wrong, i do miss my ex, but i just don't give myself anytime to think about it. I'm too busy riding fast bikes and fast women! Razz

mazza
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, me thinks you knows all the answers ages ago. Wink

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Thumbs Up

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 17:09 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat em Mean keep em keen!

James
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

After it all happened, you know when you listen to music and you can relate to the lyrics? Well i listened to the Streets new album, track 10 - Dry Your Eyes and the last 5 mins of Track 11, the lyrics are fitting, absolutely spot on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3