Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What are my choices at the low end of the road bikes??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 03 Dec 2012    Post subject: What are my choices at the low end of the road bikes?? Reply with quote

I get paid twice in January so I will have some spare cash to buy a road bike. I'm looking to spend about £350. Obviously I've looked at halfords and they've got the Carrera range.

I'm not a fan of the TDF it's the colour that puts me off me. Embarassed

Then there's the zelos which seems fine.

Then there's the virtuoso which is the one I'm swinging towards its a little over the £350 but is it worth it?

Where else should I be looking? Other local bike shops appear to start above my budget. My riding at the moment is all road riding and my group I ride with seem to be heading towards road bikes. I'm thinking of buying a cheap one now because at some point next year my work is joining the cycle to work scheme. Any help or opinions are appreciated. Karma Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 03 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also spotted this. Again just over the £350.

Claud Butler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 03 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go second hand, you will get a much much better bike than if you spend £350 on a new one.

There's plenty of people who buy entry level road bikes (£5-600), ride them once, then let them sit in the shed for a year and sell them half price.

Look on ebay for something like a Specialized Allez or a Trek 1.1/2/3/4/5
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1