Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

yes, how right was i

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

batman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:24 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: yes, how right was i Reply with quote

i seem to remember a while back a very controversial topic about a renault 5 and nsr's. i tried to explain about the grip advantage a car has and certain people on here called me an asshole(ctyson especially)
some people called me an idiot and came up with bullshit like they saw a gsxr beat an f1 car around a track and a zx12 beat one in a straight line
look at this months BIKE magazine, it has an article about cars v bikes
i didnt realise myself but on average an f1 car laps an f1 course 30 SECONDS faster(per lap remember) than a moto gp 500(its in the mag)
so i have to say a final large piss off to all those thicks who called me an idiot! oh yeah you also told me u could buy an nsr500 roadbike from japan for 10k, id say this gave many a good laff!
i wish to bury the hatchet, but had to show once and for all i was right

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:13 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: shit Reply with quote

who gives a shit

Last edited by Dan on 11:50 - 08 Mar 2002; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:26 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we please stop with the Renault 5 arguments?

Everybody knows that boy racers can't afford good tires 'cos they've spent all their money on flashing strobe lights for the boot and vibrating gear knobs. So the contact area advantage is somewhat negated. Now chuck a few dozen pissed up essex girls in the car and see how it corners. Or better still, come down to Stockley Park roundabout on a Friday night and see this very theory in action. If you look on the cover of the BiKE mag you're reading you'll see the headline "Fast cars, driven badly". Sort of sums up 99% of boyracers, I think...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 15:43 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

um batman your saying f1 cars go round especialy designed f1 car courses faster then a bike can well bugger me backwards what a surprise Smile

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: hmmmm... Reply with quote

That doesn't suprise me somehow. F1 "cars" have nothing at all in common with these R5's and Novas that people go on about. They're probably better desribed as a carbonfibre gokart with 850bhp! A better race would have been between a touring car and a BSB racer, that would have been worth talking about. Evil or Very Mad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:06 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: hmmmm... Reply with quote

!*fight, fight*!

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 cars have more in common with bikes than road going cars. it's basically a bike with 4 wheels. as light as poss with no useless equipment.
oh yeah, and why pit a F1 car up against only a 500cc bike?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone knows that in real life on real roads bikes are faster. Plus theres the fact that you can spend 100k on a car and still not get the acceleration of a 10k sportsbike. Why argue anyway; even if cars were faster, who's having more fun? Wink
You must be logged in to rate posts

batman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:12 - 09 Mar 2002    Post subject: not arguin Reply with quote

just annoyed that i got a load of bollox, not arguin i have a bike
up against a 500 gp bike because they are the fatsest, gp are faster than superbikes. it is both an f1 and gp course its used for both
a bike will win on acceleration, but not around any severe corners
i was called an idiot because i stated fact, i had shit sayin a gsxr1000 beat an f1 car around a track put to me, this is imposssible
it is over as far as im concerned, bye

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:38 - 10 Mar 2002    Post subject: fastest Reply with quote

the fastest bike u can get is a hayabusa, thing is u can actually buy one of these and take them on the road. its is also afordable and u could have the chance to have a go on this, now from experiance ii havent seen many F1 cars going down the road and i don't think i'm going to get the chance to have a go in one.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1