Legal Minimum Age for Passenger

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 19:07 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
It means you don't want to get involved in a drinking game called 'rimmer' when I'm playing. Laughing

It means he is gay and won't admit it.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 19:09 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shut ya face Laura(bitch).

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 19:11 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rimmer.

This drinking game involves bouncing a coin (typically a 10-cent piece), off of the surface of a table (a linoleum one is very suitable as it is really bouncy). The participants form a circle around the selected table with a full glass of their favorite brew (naturally alcoholic).

The aim is simple, to land the coin inside the glass cleanly, without contacting the glass at all by bouncing it of off the table (generally the edge of the coin is best, however, it is entirely the choice of the bouncer.) If the bouncer manages the feat then he/she may select someone who then must chug it back. (What fun!!).

If the coin hits the rim in any form what so ever then it is a RIMMER (bummer for the bouncer), the bouncer must chug it back. If the coin completely miss the glass, then nothing, the round passes to the next participant without penalty.

Therein lies the game most simple really and quit fast.

Very Happy

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 19:18 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close shaun, but we play slightly different rules. If the coin goes in the bouncer must select the person he/she wants to drink the shot by pointing to them with their elbow, otherwise the person who got the coin in has to drink it.
Also once a player has made three 'rimmers' in a row they have to drink the shot. Laughing

Anyway, back to topic.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 19:40 - 01 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvell wrote:
On modern sportsbikes this means that someone who is about 4 could go pillion.

That means I can take my daughter out for a ride on Friday for her fourth birthday then! Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

priller
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:31 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally wouldn't have somebody 10 as a pillion because I wouldn't trust them to keep holding on.

Saying that, bro's 18 and he managed to fall off the back because he decided he didn't have to hold on to the bike. Luckily we were on doing 40, had been doing 90 earlier.

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 02 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no legal minimum - so long as they can touch the footpegs is all the requirements suggest.

I was 7 years old when my Dad took me out on his bike! It was the best.....I loved it!!! I know kids who go on the back of their parents and have been doing since the age of 5 & 6. If you worry about them falling off, dont go so fast! Get love handles so they can hold on, tell them to tap you on the back if you are going too fast. Chances are they'll egg you on to go faster....

Rie
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:24 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: My daughter Reply with quote

I used to be a pillion passenger (who had come off the bike twice over a 3 year period). My "ex" husband has informed me that he will now be dropping our daughter off at school a couple of days a week on his motorbike (distance 5/6 miles - London suburbia)...

She has just turned 6 years old!

I'm not happy about it at all. I'm relatively open-minded about these things but I feel that she's too young and, even as a pillion, a certain amount of road awareness is required.

I would like to hear the opinion of other bikers about this matter?

william
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father used to take me on his bike when I was about 8 years old through necessity. One day I looked around as you do and the ground was going past my shoulder. There was no pain as the ground wore away my outer thigh but I still remember the blind lady who stepped in front us - She died.

I used to think it was tomato ketchup on her face and to this day I swear one of my dads eyes was hanging out as well as a flat nose(no full face helmets in those days).

I have two children and I honestly wouldn't risk either of them on my bike even if they could reach the footrests.

I take a risk when I go out on my bike, I certainly wouldn't subject my children to that risk - Sorry if that sounds argumentative it is not intended.

William

30sumthin gal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:14 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. My two children want to come on the back of my bike with me. (boy 4 and girl 5) my answer is a flat NO. When they are old enough to save for their own bike / lessons, then they can ride by all means. I don't want them to be on my concience / mind when they are on my back. I need my wits about me looking out for prats on the road, not whether the kids are holding on properly. How many times have kids taken their seatbelts off in the rear of cars without the driver knowing? I can tell you it happens quite regularly. I even masked off the button so that my son couldn't undo it. What would he be upto on the back of my bike???

If it is the only mode of transport, then I will get a taxi or bus. Even better still, if the distance will allow, walk!

william
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 12 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply I couldn't even entertain the thought of taking an 8 year old on the back of an R1.

Rie
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:05 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your opinions so far......

I'm not happy about it either and I'm not sure how to approach him without sounding like the 'neurotic' ex-wife. I told somebody the other day that if anything happened to her then I'd kill him....but rather than reach that stage, I think I'll be stamping my foot down in protest...

Any suggestions?

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 20:17 - 14 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he using the bike cos he has no other form of transport? Cos if he is, it makes it harder for you to say you're not happy about it. Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2