Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

that could have hurt

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:52 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: that could have hurt Reply with quote

I was riding to a job interview this morning running a bit late so I was doing about 45 in a 30 ( I know I should have slowed down ) coming up to a t junction controlled by traffic lights, lights were green and there was a lorry sat waiting to turn in front of me, he made eye contact and then to my suprise the asshole just pulled in front Shocked so I crapped myself edged over to the left hooted my horn did he stop? did he hell. so by now my heart is doing 30000 beats a minute and I'm starting to panic so I go as far left as possible into a bus stop looked in my mirror and he missed me by about a foot Shocked I wanted to stop but I went hot cold and if I'd stopped I would have fallen over because my legs went to jelly that is the closest I have been to death and bloody hell what a rush Twisted Evil when I relised I'm still alive and on two wheels I think there was a cctv camera and I want to find out if I can get him done for dangerous drivng or somthing but I doubt it very much

Last edited by dandit on 20:36 - 03 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 19:56 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was in front of you and was indicating you'll be the one in the wrong. But you didn't explain it very well so I dunno

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:57 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
If he was in front of you and was indicating you'll be the one in the wrong. But you didn't explain it very well so I dunno
yeah but he had loads of time but he waited till I was on top of him

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the lorry driver was in the right hand lane waiting to go straight on/right and dandit was in the left-hand lane and the lorry driver was obviously in the wrong lane and decided to switch?!

Good job you avoided it though Wink Just got to watch out for drivers like that.

I had a close one today which was totally my fault (i was 'bird' watching Cool ).. anyway i was doing about 30 then the car in front yanked on the brakes for a pedestrian crossing. I couldn't brake in time but i managed to swerve to the right-hand-side of him and stopped next to the car in front just at the crossing. Obviously i pretended i was just filtering by etc etc Mr. Green so i didn't look so much an idiot! lol

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:05 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:
i think the lorry driver was in the right hand lane waiting to go straight on/right and dandit was in the left-hand lane and the lorry driver was obviously in the wrong lane and decided to switch?!

Good job you avoided it though Wink Just got to watch out for drivers like that.

I had a close one today which was totally my fault (i was 'bird' watching Cool ).. anyway i was doing about 30 then the car in front yanked on the brakes for a pedestrian crossing. I couldn't brake in time but i managed to swerve to the right-hand-side of him and stopped next to the car in front just at the crossing. Obviously i pretended i was just filtering by etc etc Mr. Green so i didn't look so much an idiot! lol
no he was on the other side of the road but he had loads of time why did he wait till i was there

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:08 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go make a diagram or something to expalin... I'm still confused Smile

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:53 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then the black blob mixed with the brown blob and along came an orange blob who saw the green blob and ran away.

Have I missed any blobs out? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:06 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

dibbster wrote:
And then the black blob mixed with the brown blob and along came an orange blob who saw the green blob and ran away.

Have I missed any blobs out? Confused
dont hurt my head like that

Gazanimal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:33 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me if I've got this wrong but is the lorry trying to cross your lane of traffic to go down the street on the left?

If so then surely the lorry is in the wrong as you should never cause anyone to have to brake or deviate their direction of travel by cutting across their path?

Just lucky that the lorry didn't clip you m8.

Some lorry drivers are at times as bad as taxi drivers who think they own the road.

BTW,45mph in a 30 zone is a touch excessive,hate to see you try to dodge a group of kids at that speed. Rolling Eyes

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 22:14 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that Foys corner by any chance? Or somewhere else aroound town?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

about two weeks ago i was in my mates car coming upto a set of traffic lights they changed to green with the right arrow on for us to turn right.

an idiot in a tesco artic turned left into us when the lights were on red on his side.

and then blocked the road.

i cant slag off artic/lorry drivers as my girlfriends dad/and grandad drive them without getting that look from her!!

my mate was fairly calm about it. but if he had done that to me it would have been a different story.

one of those bastards knocked me off my bmx in the 80's outside a pub near where i used to live and carried on oblivious to the fact that one of his back wheels nearly went over me.

started crying for a bit until all these big looking blokes picked me up off the floor saying your ok mate bite your lip e.t.c

watch out for them in the future mate.

for a lorry/car/bike to turn in that situation then he has a green light and a right filter green light in front of him

anything else then he is in the wrong.

correct me anyone but if there is just a green light then he has to give way to you

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:51 - 04 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6stu wrote:
Was that Foys corner by any chance? Or somewhere else aroound town?
northam bridge light heading towards bitterne

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:53 - 04 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazanimal wrote:

BTW,45mph in a 30 zone is a touch excessive,hate to see you try to dodge a group of kids at that speed. Rolling Eyes
I know I'm not normaly that bad in a 30 not more than 35 most times but I had to get to my job interview. I learnt a lesson though Laughing

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:55 - 04 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazanimal wrote:
Excuse me if I've got this wrong but is the lorry trying to cross your lane of traffic to go down the street on the left?
yes thats right

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:58 - 04 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually go over 40mph in a 30 zone but i wouldn't have gone over 30 past that T-junction, early hours of the morning i will go faster as the streets are virtually empty. I did almost get in trouble for doing 80mph+ in a 40 zone as i was trying to set of a speed camera on a A-road in Southampton Twisted Evil , i was stupid i know but i was trying to impress my mates on their bikes (how childish Rolling Eyes ).

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:15 - 04 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikedudextrm wrote:
as i was trying to set of a speed camera on a A-road in Southampton Twisted Evil , i was stupid i know but i was trying to impress my mates on their bikes (how childish Rolling Eyes ).
what camera was that??

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:52 - 04 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just before you come into Southampton cetral, just after you go under a bridge.

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1