Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

You said i'd get it next week last week!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: You said i'd get it next week last week! Reply with quote

I sent my bike away to get tuned, its having a load of head work done to it and is being properly set up on the dyno. i asked the guy how long this would take, and he said 1 week, this was 1 month ago, and every time I ring up now he says, "yeah i've been busy but i'll have it done by next week Evil or Very Mad ". yesterday i rang up to find the guy has apparently got food poisoning but should be back tomorrow (today) so i rang up, "no sorry he's still ill, try tomorrow"
has anyone else ever been in this rather frustrating and annoying situation, can i do anything about it? has anyone any suggestions on how i might be able to persuade the guy to HURRY THE F*CK UP Evil or Very Mad !.

I do get terrible motorcycle withdrawal symptoms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even go there. I waited 7 months only to be given the bike back with bits missing Confused

I feel your pain matey Sad

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you legally just take your bike back and go elsewhere?

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 18:19 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count yourself lucky it took a year for the garage to repair the V raptor after the hippy was knocked off it - lol

Then again - thats Cagiva for you

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know how you feel mate, mine knackered a piston a fornight ago so I have sent it away to be ported at the same time. I had only just got it back after having it repaired after being blown off.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AntPosted:

Can you legally just take your bike back and go elsewhere?

Well to a certain extent you can as at the end of the day it's your property and you own 'good title' to the item.

Unfortunately it's never as simple as that in the real world as you have initial confrontation, unpaid work, unfinished work, parts all over the workshop, etc to deal with.

The shop is entitled to a 'reasonable time' to complete the work (definition of reasonable? The time limit that's generally accepted within the trade to fix the specific problem), if they've had the bike for a reasonable time then you are entitled to take it elsewhere to get the job done whilst remunerating the shop for the work that they have actually carried out.

Best bet? Get the shop to give you a definitive time limit to complete the work, get it in writing on headed notepaper, that way they can't wriggle out of it. If they won't do it, question why they are unable to commit their spoken words into writing as a verbal promise is exactly the same as a written one (albeit virtually impossible to prove - but don't tell them that Wink ). Basically what you're doing is making time the essence of the contract.

Legally if they do not complete the job within the specified time you can cite a breach of the contractually agreed terms and would have a much better case for taking the bike elsewhere and suing the breaching party for any additional costs that you have incurred (if any) over any agreed price that was mentioned at the start of the job.

As always feel free to PM should you require more advice (or if this makes no sense whatsoever!).

SteveH

Last edited by Steve H on 09:36 - 04 Jun 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tgabber
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:26 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't just phone them, go round in person.

Then you can see what sort of state your bike is in, whether there are any people actually doing any work in the workshop or whether their business is going down the tubes and the bailiffs are about to move in.

Don't just talk to the mechanic, talk to the manager or owner and remind them firmly but politely what bad word of mouth can do to a business.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1