Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


GSXR SRAD cutting out AGAIN.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:35 - 02 Jan 2013    Post subject: GSXR SRAD cutting out AGAIN. Reply with quote

Before I posted about my GSXR cutting out, and after much irritation, cleaning up internals etc. I noticed a 1-wire connector coming from the front of the bike wasn't connected to anything, but then I found a connector coming from the negative terminal of the battery with the same connector shape.

I connected them, and voila, problem solved, never cut out on me again. UNTIL NOW. I've been to Scotland, been to the coasts, done loads of miles, and never missed a beat.

It's doing the exact same thing now, FI codes C24 & C25. Which I believe means all four coils? I find that highly unlikely that all four coils would just go at once, suddenly.

The bike does sit outside and I don't have a cover for it. Could this 1-wire connector be an earth by any chance? Damp?

Also noteworthy is that the main beam stopped working, and just now full beam stopped working too, so I have no headlights either. (Guess it doesn't matter on a bike that won't go further than 100ft without cutting out).

Any ideas?
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:37 - 02 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GSXR was giving me C34 which was a wire earthing out from an injector.

C24 and C25 are ignition signals.

Switch the coils over. See if this changes codes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:51 - 02 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try that last time and it didn't change the codes. Unfortunately due to this shit weather and nowhere to work on the bike but outside on the drive, I'll have to wait to try it again.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the coils though.
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 02 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check for any shorts at all..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 02 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Check for any shorts at all..


Forgive me if this sounds stupid... how do I check for shorts? Loose connections?

Edit: Never mind - I'll just open it up next dry day and see what I can see.
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.71 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 44.49 Kb