Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Help, Which Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

kubstix
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:39 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Help, Which Bike Reply with quote

Don't know which bike to get. I was thinking Honda CBR600, but im not sure. Would someone please list all the 600cc bikes? Also what are your thoughts on the CBR's?

kevingranger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you? Have you done your test? Honda cbr600s are very good bikes from what i have read about them. It looks more comfortable than a full out sports 600 such as a yamaha R6, Suzuki GSX600, kawasaki ninja. The cbr is more practical i would think if you needed practicality.

kev
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kubstix
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:53 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 18, no i haven't done my test yet. I have been riding small bikes like dirt bags and all, but i have riden bikes before (CBR600). Just trying to figure out the best bang for the buck 600cc. Since it will be my first bike, i don't want to go all out on the best 600cc.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

do your test now and you will be legally allowed to ride one in 2 years time, or you can put it off untill your 21.
You can ride a 33bhp bike right away after doing your test, however i see little point in buying a 600 then restricting it to 33bhp for 2 years.

look into the 250's and 400's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kubstix
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:30 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i don't think so. In PA your legal to ride whatever you want. You can get your permit and ride any bike you want. The only restrictions to the permit is you cannot have a passenger, other than that its like having your license. If i wanted to i could go take a permit test tomm and be legal to ride a bike without a passenger. After 3 months then you have to take the license test.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 21:35 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

kubstix wrote:
best

Best at what?

There are good points and bad points to all the sports 600s, depending on what you want out of them.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:37 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA?

Where is that? Smile

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:00 - 03 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is an American state abbreviation for Pennsylvania.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1