Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Heart FM - DRIVING ME INSANE

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

GrumpyGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:15 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Heart FM - DRIVING ME INSANE Reply with quote

I'm losing my fucking marbles!

At work (well, it appears it's only on our shift) the radio is played across the tanoid. Heart FM to be exact.

It pisses me off that the same playlist is repeated EVERY hour EVERYDAY and still claim to air "more music variety"

Fuck me, I've heard that shitty "The power of love" by Gabrielle Aplin song 3 times in one shift, not to mention Leona Lewis (who I DESPISE). The only decent songs they manage to play are from U2 and that is a rare occurrence!

Am I the only one putting up with this bullshit?

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:23 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet, it's one of the most popular radio stations in the country.

Now ask me why I bailed out of commercial sector broadcasting five years ago Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Benno
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:25 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS HEEEEEAAAAAARRRRTTTT!!!

NO! I want Plymouth Sound back, fuck off you gay ass music station!

Paulington
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conventional radio blows now, the only radio station I ever listen to is Planet Rock on our DAB radios, there is nothing worth listening to on FM/AM/MW/LW radio anymore it seems besides the occasional decent Radio 1/2/3/4 broadcast which are exorbitantly rare nowadays, plus one or two others, even more rarely.

If you haven't already Grumpy, get a DAB radio or a DAB radio app on your phone (if you have a smartphone) and listen to it that way, I find with a DAB radio you have much more variety, it's not just pop-chart modern GBH-to-the-eardrums drivel, there are specific stations like Planet Rock/Arrow Rock/Classic Rock/Kerrang for rock/metal lovers, you have Jazz stations, RnB stations, Classical stations and lots more, plus the quality is much better.

Once you go DAB, you never go back. Mr. Green!

Also, Heart sucks, everyone from Bristol knows it was better as "GWR FM". Laughing!

Cheers! Thumbs Up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst most annoying radio station ever has to be talk sport, you can guarantee if you turn it on it will be adverts!

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst most annoying radio station ever has to be talk sport, you can guarantee if you turn it on it will be adverts!

Rigga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ijmok
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:49 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not alone,
Radio 2 at my place, god i hate it!

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:15 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute formerly Virgin is OK until they have football on Saturday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:19 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planet Rock is the ONLY decent radio station at the moment.

We have radio 2 at work because they don't want people with different channels on competing with loudness so they said, everyone has to have radio 2. I think we get to vote next month what station.

Heart is shit, as are most commercial stations due to the cost of playing songs. They can only afford a couple of newish songs and a few oldies that they will play over and over for a week or 3 until they get a new batch of shitty music.

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:31 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boss insists on Heart or Magic >.<

Prefer Absolute Radio myself, the no repeat 9 - 5 is the best thing they ever did, better, they have actually stuck too it for a few years now. Not just a couple of weeks then back too usual business of playing the same songs all the time.

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I was the only one! Heart gets played at work! They have some sort of obsession with Michael Buble I swear!

Personally I like Radio 1, but then I'm a young baby Wink

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

anywhere you go in the english speaking world you have this shit plastic music played by stations wth the same format. Repeat the same top of the charts stuff over and over, always some lovey duvey theme with a catchy brainwashing beat repeating the same words over and over, with some moaning or screaming added in. And of course a slick smooth upbeat DJ with a certain type of voice and quick 1 liners. Here it is Jacaranda. Im sure exactly the same voice and playlist.

It is aimed at secretaries and such that have the radio on all day and fill their heads with this rubbish. I would even prefer elevator music. Then they drive home and the same shit is booming out of their cages. Thank goodness for loud pipes, so i dont have to hear it.

Then there is another form of such crap aimed at the Teen crowd, which includes more 'rappin' and even more luvey duvey prastic trash by boy bands and female vocalists in skimpy clothes moaning and screeaming barely comprehensible utterances. And with a 'jivin' DJ.

It is to radio what Mcdonalds is to gourmet cuisine.

I dont turn on the radio anymore.

Thankfully at our work no one does that, One older lady and 1 young man play classical over their computers, but only in their offices.

If people wnat to listen to that plastic, then by all means, but why must it be imposed in the rest of us as well? It is like smoking. They should be banished for 10 minutes to rooms where that canned music is piped. Eitherwise, play it by choice in your own space and at a volume thet doesnt disrupt everyone else

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My standard ones are Radio 2 and radio 4.

Radio 2 tends to play the good songs in the charts and ignores the rappy, r&b dross that's there. They also play some great songs from the past. Was listening to Jeff Buckley on the way home last night which was nice.

Radio 4: They have some really interesting discussions and stories. Keeps me entertained... well until the archers comes on. If I wanted to listen to a soap id watch Eastenders.

Radio 1 is a load of shit.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

This cunt:

https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2012/10/24/1351086284246/Nick-Grimshaw---has-he-al-010.jpg

I didn't think it was possible to be more annoying than Moyles.
I was wrong.

Benno
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
My standard ones are Radio 2 and radio 4.

Radio 2 tends to play the good songs in the charts and ignores the rappy, r&b dross that's there. They also play some great songs from the past. Was listening to Jeff Buckley on the way home last night which was nice.

Radio 4: They have some really interesting discussions and stories. Keeps me entertained... well until the archers comes on. If I wanted to listen to a soap id watch Eastenders.

I'm precisely the same. Spot on about radio 2.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:11 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complain to the performing rights association or whatever its called. It's illegal for them to play the radio in a working environment through an installed fitted radio system without paying for rights for the songs.

My dad got in trouble for having a wired in radio system in his Hairdressing shop back in the early '90's. He had to rip it all out or get fined a load of money.

karoshi
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
I didn't think it was possible to be more annoying than Moyles.
I was wrong.

Radio1 have been following a trend for the last 20 years of only employing a new morning DJ when they manage to find someone more annoying than the last one.. Moyles only kept his job for so long because they had to breed a Lab-grade twat to best him.

Driving to work I'm stuck with choosing from bbc1-4, kerrang or brmb (now called 'free' radio?), of them all I choose to listen to mp3s from my phone.

Streaming webcast radio is my Savior at work, my station of choice is BBC Radio6.. breakfast DJ is passable, daytime is Lauren Laverne, Mark Radcliffe & Stuart Maconie then Steve Lamacq, music is a decent mix of new and old.. some of it's a bit duff but at least they have more than 5 in the playlist Smile

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

we end up with heart as well does my nut in

the ring a ringa roses crap by robbie williams and the james bond song by adele

if im lucky we get radio two for a bit but when terry wogan finishes(think its him) its back to heart

Benno
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
[illegal to listen to music]

Jesus christ do I even own the oxygen that is in my lungs or is it on licence from a company?

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benno wrote:
MarJay wrote:
[illegal to listen to music]

Jesus christ do I even own the oxygen that is in my lungs or is it on licence from a company?

Now repeat after me: I shall not blaspheme in the name of the Lord or the Son, nor shall I take their name in vain. Laughing

Now type it out 50 times, and no copy and paste Laughing

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like listening to music, of any kind, ever. I find it distracting and it bugs the hell out of me. I would quit my job if my workplace insisted on playing the radio all day.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:
I do not like listening to music, of any kind, ever. I find it distracting and it bugs the hell out of me. I would quit my job if my workplace insisted on playing the radio all day.

You hate fucking everything. It's like you're dead inside. Laughing

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You live up to your user name then! Wink

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:08 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:

How do you not like any music? Music is a key part of my life and would like to understand how someone can not like any form of it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3