Heart FM - DRIVING ME INSANE

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Ok then, lets aim this thread at ANY commercial radio station.

As I said before, planet rock is the only one I like to listen to.

Not many ads, no BS chatting between songs, just great tunes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck I hate the radio. Even the supposed "good stations" and the times when the play "Genre X" that I like, I still hate the radio.

I have 34gb of music in my itunes. I shall make use of that.

I used to want to throw the radio into the tyre baler at my ex-workplace. It just plays shit. Shit shit shit.
And even when it's a song I like, it plays it when I don't want to hear it so it's just shit. And in between all the shitness is more advertisement shitness. Stupid fucking adverts. Adverts about advertising on the radio sometimes... I mean for fuck's sake; fuck off. And stupid fucking Gavin the twat from Autoglass... He'd be first to have a beating. Motherfucker. Radio drives me nuts.

Radio can go die.

Paulington
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, Planet Rock has Nights with Alice Cooper, the single best radio show in existence on this entire planet. Thumbs Up.

I usually listen to my iPhone through the house speaker system, but you just can't beat a bit of radio sometimes and now I just won't even use a radio unless it's DAB as you can't get Planet Rock on it!

I have a few Planet Rock shirts and Dad owns an old-style Planet Rock anorak, plus their competitions are fantastic. In December 2011 my parents won a competition that got them free tickets to a small gig in London, less than two hundred people in a decent size arena with all the Planet Rock presenters, even Mr. Cooper!

It's an awesome radio station, the only one worth listening to IMO. Thumbs Up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
As I said before, planet rock is the only one I like to listen to.

Not many ads, no BS chatting between songs, just great tunes.

Although sometimes they don't half put some shit on. Most of it's good. When it goes bad I just I just switch to Kerrang, and vice-versa.

Club Kerrang for example... horrible. Planet Rock time.

daz_app
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:11 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my old job, we had 5 of us in my office. We all chipped in and bought a DAB and each of us had a day a week where we chose the station....

So we had Radio 6 for me (new, original stuff and slightly older classics), Planet Rock, Absolute 80s or 90s, Classic FM and Smooth Radio (I would usually make sure I booked my meetings out of the office on Dave's day!)

Worked for us!

Now, however, it's Radio 2 all day every day on such a quiet volume level, it seems pointless having it on at all...

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my colleagues setup a decent rig where we worked a few years ago, the impressive thing was that you could hear it over the wood machines and routers Cool

Nowadays I work by myself, so the radio on quietly is a bit of 'company'. Plus I'm a bit old to be blaring D&B Sad

Redoko
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 18 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything other than Radio 4 does my head in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GrumpyGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:27 - 18 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our site has a music license so no problems there.

They did it AGAIN - same old shit over and over. "Moves like Jager", "Somebody I used to know", "Power of Love" and "Sky fall" among the repeated playlist.

It's a mental health issue. I'm going to quit my job I swear!

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 18 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyGuts wrote:

They did it AGAIN - same old shit over and over. "Moves like Jager", "Somebody I used to know", "Power of Love" and "Sky fall" among the repeated playlist.

Let me guess, Radio 2?

I remember all those songs on repeat.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 18 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thats heart

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 18 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyGuts wrote:

Most radio stations work in the same way; there will be an 'A' list of songs, typically 10-12, that will be on high rotation, so it's perfectly possible for you to hear the majority of those tunes 3- 4 times, in a normal working day, particularly if you're also listening in your car, going to and from work.

The problem with Heart is, they only use a database of around 350 songs; about 10 minutes of every hour will be taken up with adverts, news and general waffle, so they will be playing roughly 15 songs an hour.

Even allowing for multiple plays of their A listers, they will churn through their entire database every 24 hours, so whenever you listen, you will always hear the same songs, just in a different order.

This is compounded by the fact that they don't refresh their database very often, so those high rotation songs could be there for weeks at a time, especially if they're involved in popular culture, like it's a tune that's featured on X Factor.

By contrast, Radio 2 use a database of around 1000 songs, which is refreshed weekly; they still have an A list, but it's only about 6 songs, so they are the ones that you will hear often, but because there's less of them, you might hear each one twice a day, maybe three times, if you listen for more than 8-9 hours a day.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 18 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to drive to a lot of different places around East Anglia in my job.
If I did`nt have the radio/music in the car, I think I would go bonkers!

I cannot listen to ANY commercial station as the adverts and plugs just do my head in Evil or Very Mad

I listen to Radio 2 and Radio 4 .
Even on Radio 2 the plugging is getting annoying.
Chris Evans must get turned on by hearing his own voice?, cos he just cannot shut up for a minute (twat).
I know DJ`s talk over the end of records to stop them being pirated straight off the radio, but that twat Evans talks over the middle of a record Twisted Evil .
Is he scared that we might forget who he is Evil or Very Mad
STFU you ginger prat and stop spoiling so many tunes!.

Rant over now Thumbs Up I`ll get me coat.

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 18 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kradmelder wrote:
... is like comparing mothe theresa to the money hungry tv evangelists. The pure and the dross. The real thing and the showman

Pure? Real thing? My arse. She was an evil old hag bent on exploiting the poor and the needy.

Comparing her to the evangelists is like comparing dog shit to cat shit.

Paulington
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 19 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kradmelder, you do realize Mother Theresa was a fraud and one of the most cruel, cruel people that has ever existed?

Not only did she essentially "steal" millions as she said the money would go to helping the poor when in reality it just went to training a troupe of robot Nuns who followed her blindly and building her terrible "Homes for the Dying", she also associated with criminals like the Duvalier family from Haiti who ravished the country completely.

Also, her "Homes for the Dying" are just that, they are places where people go to lie there and die, they aren't allowed visits from family members or loved ones to my knowledge and they just lie there in horrendous conditions tended by Nuns that have been trained and told to offer no sympathy or be at all empathetic because "We see Christ in the suffering of the body". Rolling Eyes.

Mother Theresa was even quoted as saying "I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of poor people". This quote comes from Christopher Hitchen's who's book/pamphlet on Mother Theresa is just very enlightening.

I could go on, such as her views on abortion being "the greatest risk to and the biggest destroyer of peace on Earth in modern times" to her blatant hypocrisy, such as whenever she needed medical care she would go to the top hospitals in the world and be cared for by the best physicians around, never her own hospitals, probably because she knew they were a terrible place to be when you are ill.

Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (Mother Theresa) has been made a "Blessed" as she performed a miracle so she go through the process of beautification, one step away from Saint, however the husband of the woman who claimed the miracle (and even the Doctor that treated her) have said it was conventional medicine that cured her, the Church and Pope just seem to happily ignore this fact.

Last edited by Paulington on 02:07 - 19 Jan 2013; edited 1 time in total

Kradmelder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 19 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulington wrote:
Kradmelder, you do release Mother Theresa was a fraud and one of the most cruel, cruel people that has ever existed?

Not only did she essentially "steal" millions as she said the money would go to helping the poor when in reality it just went to training a troupe of robot Nuns who followed her blindly and building her terrible "Homes for the Dying", she also associated with criminals like the Duvalier family from Haiti who ravished the country completely.

Also, her "Homes for the Dying" are just that, they are places where people go to lie there and die, they aren't allowed visits from family members or loved ones to my knowledge and they just lie there in horrendous conditions tended by Nuns that have been trained and told to offer no sympathy or be at all empathetic because "We see Christ in the suffering of the body". Rolling Eyes.

Mother Theresa was even quoted as saying "I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of poor people". This quote comes from Christopher Hitchen's who's book/pamphlet on Mother Theresa is just very enlightening.

I could go on, such as her views on abortion being "the greatest risk to and the biggest destroyer of peace on Earth in modern times" to her blatant hypocrisy, such as whenever she needed medical care she would go to the top hospitals in the world and be cared for by the best physicians around, never her own hospitals, probably because she knew they were a terrible place to be when you are ill.

Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (Mother Theresa) has been made a "Blessed" as she performed a miracle so she go through the process of beautification, one step away from Saint, however the husband of the woman who claimed the miracle (and even the Doctor that treated her) have said it was conventional medicine that cured her, the Church and Pope just seem to happily ignore this fact.

actually no I didnt. another illsuion of a decent christian shattered Sad . Shame for the catholics; they need a good example after all the tarnish.

But My point remains, a real christian vs a TV evangelist.

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 19 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of Heart FM has made me realise how lucky you are not to be exposed to the absolute hell that is PEAK 107 (Chesterfield).

After hearing New Radicals and Eagle Eye Cherry every two hours you soon yearn for a good Radio 2 signal.

It does make me piss myself how "white" Radio 2 is though. If ever there's a song that has one version with a rap section and one without, only the one without the rap is playlisted on R2, leaving the rap shite for Radio 1.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:08 - 19 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:

It does make me piss myself how "white" Radio 2 is though. If ever there's a song that has one version with a rap section and one without, only the one without the rap is playlisted on R2, leaving the rap shite for Radio 1.

It's not so much to do with ethnicity, as it is with age.

R2 was, for a long time, doing a very good job of picking up where R1 left off and attracting a younger audience, quite often overlapping R1 and stealing their listeners; granted, you wouldn't hear much in the way of heavier MOBO, but it was there.

Recently, there have been a couple of investigations/consultations/witch hunts and, as a result, R2 have been forced to target an older audience.

It's a bit of a sweeping generalisation, but also a fairly safe bet that 65 year olds ain't that keen on rap and hip hop, so they don't really play it; instead, you will now hear more 60s and 70s music during peak time hours, than in previous years.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 6 years, 5 days between these two posts...
crusey This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

crusey wrote:
It is my believe that HARTS triple play is fixed, First you pay £1.50 then they text you saying pay again and we will give you a free entree which most people will pay, now it costs you £3.00. But it takes them nearly 10 min to announce the winner, so its not a computer randomly picking a winner which would take seconds, they select a winner based on social media profile ?????.

Indie radio fixing contests? Shurely shome mishtake?

Do you think that the call handlers ever put the first caller with the correct answer straight to air? They'd string it out for weeks, or months. Same thing, different scam.

Rigga wrote:
The worst most annoying radio station ever has to be talk sport, you can guarantee if you turn it on it will be adverts!

I listen to Talk Radio, I assume it has the same ads. I hate those car ads with the dodgy accents, Volvos and Citroens the worse ones. Though it does still amuse me when they have to read out all of the crappy terms and conditions.

Back in the day, Independent Local Radio was to quote Dead Kennedys sugar coated mindless garbage for the most part, but they did have the odd very good show in the margins of the schedule. Heart is just dire. I despair that there are worker drones out there who think that this is not only acceptable, but something to sort of aspire to. To be the sort of person whose horizons are narrower than their playlist.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bots are on it this am

don't feed it

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

owl wrote:
bots are on it this am

don't feed it

I was covering my tracks Embarassed didn't see that fecking necromancer post, so hoped a quick edited reply would go unoticed Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shut up and take my money.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3