Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

London Bike Show

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: London Bike Show Reply with quote

Opens today until Sunday. It's twinned with the London Boat Show, Travel show and outdoor show.

It was ok, mostly just standard companies selling bits and bobs.

DMR bump track is cool, but you can't go on it, however you can test ride a load of bikes there. If you're in the market for a new bike it's worth going just for the variety of stuff you can test for nowt.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 19:04 - 17 Jan 2013    Post subject: Re: London Bike Show Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Opens today until Sunday. It's twinned with the London Boat Show, Travel show and outdoor show.

It was ok, mostly just standard companies selling bits and bobs.

DMR bump track is cool, but you can't go on it, however you can test ride a load of bikes there. If you're in the market for a new bike it's worth going just for the variety of stuff you can test for nowt.

I'm going tomorrow Thumbs Up

chris-red

PostPosted: 18:09 - 19 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was alright, far too many people!

I also found it odd I couldn't buy anything!

I went with the intention of getting some decent Pedals for my MTB. Now as a fairly standard component I assumed there would be no end of shops trying to sell me these. Nope, nothing I found one place selling road bike pedals and one selling BMX pedals.

My mate wanted some brake pads, again nowhere to be seen. He found one tiny place selling em but they didn't have his type.

I assumed they would be no end of place selling all these bits, it was great if you wanted to look at bikes or buy helmets/clothing, but if you think you will get a good deal on the new seatpost or front mech you want don't bother.

There were a few competitions based around the watt bikes I seemed to do well at. I was second on the leader board of one (maximum watts over 6 seconds = 1289w) and first on the other (fastest of one lap on the BMX track 275m = 15 something seconds) My girlfirned was the top girl on the BMX one too!

I set the record for the BMX at about 11 when I left at 15:30 I was still top fingers crossed I win the day and get a trip round lee valley. Cool

I asked the guys doing the maximum watts one one the pros would get and they said about 1600-1800w so I'm not that far away Wink bit more training and I'll be the new Chris Hoy.

chris-red

PostPosted: 11:37 - 29 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only fucking won it! Both of us Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1