Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A use for cheap bike locks..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  
TheBikerStig This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 23 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wotcha.

Those very same cheap locks could also be used to lock two motorcycles together . . . . . still fuckin' hilarious is it ?

Twat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheBikerStig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:29 - 23 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone-Wolf wrote:
Wotcha.

Those very same cheap locks could also be used to lock two motorcycles together . . . . . still fuckin' hilarious is it ?

Twat

Edited, What I meant was hilarious was locking your lock through someone elses lock. At first they think some one has locked their bike up but all they really have to do is unlock their own lock and it will release their bike from my lock. Unless I were to put it through their frame or something but then the nutter might damage my bike in revenge so I wont risk it.
Some say that he is the sole survivor of Atlantis, and that he refused to speed test a new Hayabusa this morning simply because there was no milk for his Brexit. All we know is hes called TheBikerStig.

Last edited by TheBikerStig on 17:24 - 13 Feb 2013; edited 1 time in total

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 23 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably lock cars up with them as well. Cable locks.

Actually, why not just chain a small child to a lamppost. That'd be fun for the parents.

TheBikerStig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:00 - 23 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
You could probably lock cars up with them as well. Cable locks.

Actually, why not just chain a small child to a lamppost. That'd be fun for the parents.

Easier just to nick their candy apparently.
Some say that he is the sole survivor of Atlantis, and that he refused to speed test a new Hayabusa this morning simply because there was no milk for his Brexit. All we know is hes called TheBikerStig.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 24 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could probably steal bikes easily by locking them yourself. Then get a mate to come and bolt crop the owners lock and walk off. He isn't walking away with a bike so doesn't look suspicious. You turn up, unlock the lock you've put on and ride off as normal...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 31 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, doing this makes you a tremendous cunt.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 31 Jan 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabian92 wrote:
Of course, doing this makes you a tremendous cunt.

Naturally. I was locking up at uni the other day when I saw a sweet road bike next to mine that was unlocked. The owner had gone to put the cable lock on, but it hadn't "clicked" properly and the cable lock was open - its happened to me before, I've grabbed my lock and it's came apart in my hands. I clicked it for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:56 - 31 Jan 2013    Post subject: Re: A use for cheap bike locks.. Reply with quote

Not too uncommon for thieves to do.

You have to leave your bike there; they come back later when there's less people around to cut your lock and undo theirs.

Someone did this to my dad when I was a kid - he always kept a well-featured Swiss Army knife with him and used the file to cut their lock off.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 02 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cheap lock is easy to break. So i'd attempt to break it or get my uncle down with his bolt croppers. Not that I often leave my bike locked in a public place where I cant see it anyway.

If I ever caught a cunt trying to lock up my pride and joy they'd see the muddy side of my biking shoes in their face.

-ve karma for suggesting such bellend-ery.

Bikermice
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 06 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarity at it's finest - even funnier if the owner of the bike catches you doing it and caves in your ribcage.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 06 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we buy cheapo disc locks and put them on strangers bikes.... That would be really cool right guys??

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 11 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

smegballs wrote:
How about we buy cheapo disc locks and put them on strangers bikes.... That would be really cool right guys??

I've always fancied making a nuisance of myself and putting sticks through spoked wheels whilst on the move... Really cool, right???

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 11 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

I've always fancied making a nuisance of myself and putting sticks through spoked wheels whilst on the move... Really cool, right???

Me and my friends used to do this as kids to each other. We'd play "javelins" with windbreak poles, broke a few spokes before we stopped.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 47 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1