Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


AARGH!!!! What's going on:(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 05 Feb 2013    Post subject: AARGH!!!! What's going on:( Reply with quote

I've just been trying to update one of my refurb threads in 'show and tell'.
I have twice written out a fair bit of text - although not 'teflonesque'- and the blasted site has requested that I log in again when I hit 'submit', thus losing all text. If I can be bothered to scribble it all out again I think I may copy it before trying to submit.
Anyone else experienced this/ know why it's happening??? It's starting to do my nut in.
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:23 - 06 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens because the session has ended. Make sure 'Keep me logged in' is checked when you next log in. If that doesn't work dodgy cookies can interfere with sessions so clear them.
CTRL+A then CTRL+C is good as a backup, but are you on a modern browser? This problem seems to be a thing of the past for me now. If I get asked to log in on any forum after clicking Submit these days, I can click Back and the text is almost always still there. Also if you actually do log in (entering the username and password correctly the first time) it usually submits the post you wrote out without having to retype it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 06 Feb 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using IE9 as my browser. I've not had problems before and make sure that I'm signed in before I put up long posts, even by using 'back' tab I haven't had any problems with getting logged out (at least not with low security sites).
I put up a load of my usual type of posts last night and had no problems whatsoever.
Does this site have a timeout scenario in place? Usually I can leave BCF up my browser at the workshop all day long and it's never logged me out - and that's a much older desktop (I think it's running IE7!!)
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 242 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.13 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 36.15 Kb