Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Where you been on your bike Today

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

A pleasant meal was had along with a nice cold pint of Adnams.
The bike behaved well and we are getting to know each other Smile .
A small tank is actually a blessing as it means you have to get off the bike to re-fuel sooner rather than later and that saves my bum Thumbs Up
My first 100+ miles trip with the bike and no problems, yay!

Adnams are one of my favourite breweries Thumbs Up

That's what I don't understand when people complain their tank hasn't got a range of twenty gazillion miles. I always need a bit of a break after about 100 at best anyway.

Think I'll pop down to Keswick tomorrow for lunch at the Filling Station cafe Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

people complain their tank hasn't got a range of twenty gazillion miles.

I've told you a billion billion times not to exaggerate Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

I've told you a billion billion times not to exaggerate Laughing

Ok. I always need a break after about 97 miles at best Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have got the hire bike, I took it out to meltenjoy the nice weather.

Went up the small roads into beacon hill and along the south downs, then the A212 after a drink at loomies.

In amongst that, I also took a couple of detours to get the picture challenges, only to be beaten to the punch, twice. Oh well, all good fun.

https://s20.postimg.org/ebsb0zivh/IMG_20170619_183831.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/5ussq2e6l/IMG_20170619_185141.jpg

Anyone got any exciting bike rides planned for the week?

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Now that I have got the hire bike, I took it out to meltenjoy the nice weather.

Went up the small roads into beacon hill and along the south downs, then the A212 after a drink at loomies.

In amongst that, I also took a couple of detours to get the picture challenges, only to be beaten to the punch, twice. Oh well, all good fun.

Anyone got any exciting bike rides planned for the week?

How are you finding the NC? Hitting the limiter too easy or is that just a myth?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowdonia Rider wrote:
How are you finding the NC? Hitting the limiter too easy or is that just a myth?

Its boring, and you can get the throttle right back easily.

In 6th gear, to get it to accelerate, it would be quicker to send it a letter via snail mail telling to go faster.

Tracer1234 wrote:
My word it is dull. Not a fun bike at all. Rides and sounds like a tractor. 6th gear may as well not be there, and I can only assume the brake pads are made of over cooked soggy vegetables.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Its boring, and you can get the throttle right back easily.

In 6th gear, to get it to accelerate, it would be quicker to send it a letter via snail mail telling to go faster.

Tracer1234 wrote:
My word it is dull. Not a fun bike at all. Rides and sounds like a tractor. 6th gear may as well not be there, and I can only assume the brake pads are made of over cooked soggy vegetables.

Sounds very similar to my experience when I had one as a courtesy bike.

No power. No character. Shit to filter on. Shit on motorways. Not a confidence inspiring ride at all.

Only redeeming factors are that they are very good on fuel (city riding, not motorway riding) and the storage you get is reminiscent of my days being a pedboi when I managed to fit an close to an entire 24 crate of fosters under the seat.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fast becoming my favourite thread on here; actual bikes being actually used and norra lot of bickering Cool

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:

Sounds very similar to my experience when I had one as a courtesy bike.

No power. No character. Shit to filter on. Shit on motorways. Not a confidence inspiring ride at all.

Only redeeming factors are that they are very good on fuel (city riding, not motorway riding) and the storage you get is reminiscent of my days being a pedboi when I managed to fit an close to an entire 24 crate of fosters under the seat.

Yup, all round, just pretty, Meh.

arry wrote:
This is fast becoming my favourite thread on here; actual bikes being actually used and norra lot of bickering

Tend to agree with you there.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bimble around the Lakes. Filling Station cafe for a breakfast butty (in the afternoon Laughing ) first. Then down by Thirlmere to Ambleside, down to Windermere (against my own advice Laughing ), back up Grisedale to Ambleside again, over the Kirkstone Pass, along Ullswater, then caned half a tankful on the motorway home.

Getting difficult to find original shots now. White skies in all the shots today Rolling Eyes

Just down from the Kirkstone Pass, Patterdale side:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9826_zpsjqy79hfb.jpg

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9827_zpsslsz6nxh.jpg

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9828_zpsqpo7nvre.jpg

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the MOT station:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4252/35058550400_23cb9aa3a1_c.jpg

Because the MOT ran out today and I only noticed last night because it's also due its tax and the system wouldn't let me complete it because the ticket wasn't valid Laughing

Anyway, the good news is - it passed with no bother; not sure how it could have failed TBH, since it was pretty much ride it round in a circle, check the brakes stopped it and the horn worked. May just as well have issued the ticket blind.

Bad news is; every time I go for an MOT it pains me to see how few miles I've managed. Why on earth I have two bikes is beyond me. Need to sort that out, big time.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Bad news is; every time I go for an MOT it pains me to see how few miles I've managed. Why on earth I have two bikes is beyond me. Need to sort that out, big time.

I've already blown most of the money I got from the sale of the Striple on riding the Fazer Very Happy

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I've already blown most of the money

Blown it?!

chickenstrip wrote:
I got from the sale of the Striple on riding the Fazer Very Happy

Oh, not so blown then. The trip you've had didn't look like a waste of money from here mate Smile

Anyway, 1450 miles on the KTM all year, and ~700 of that was with Pidgey just a few weeks ago. That's definitely not enough. It started off so well, too; when I bought it I did about 500 miles on it in a couple of weekends which is more than I'd done the entire preceding year on the Sprint.

Had the Enfield 2 months today; I've done a little over 200 miles on it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of both worlds really. I got to put 4000 miles on the Triumph, then recycled it to do the Euro trip Very Happy

I'm also lucky in that I'm unemployed ( Confused ) and can grab any decent day to get out for a ride. This idyll will end before long though.

Otoh, even when I was in full-time employment, I typically managed to put 10k miles on my bikes (and only very short commutes), so yes, you're not trying hard enough Razz

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah see there's the thing; commute for me is by train and where there's a city, there's alcohol, which generally means I don't go for a ride in the evening either. I am going to change that by going out tonight, mind. Not sure where yet or on which bike, but I'll grab a few pics when I do Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
there's alcohol, which generally means I don't go for a ride in the evening either.

And there's another memory Razz

I drank the proceeds of the sale of my H2 (about 1700 quid iirc) Laughing Can't remember if that method of recycling was as much fun though Wasted

I also wasted the best part of three years in Germany in an alcoholic haze, and even when I did have a bike out there, didn't make the best use of it that I could have. I learned the lesson from that though, hence all the riding I do now.

I don't ride much in the evenings, but if you have the energy after work, now's the time Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I don't ride much in the evenings, but if you have the energy after work, now's the time Thumbs Up

Indeed it is; mission success Thumbs Up

Had just over an hour max to play with before it started getting dark so could only stay relatively local; decided to take the Enfield out for a spin.

56 miles of Essex countryside - at one point I managed about 73mph indicated, which of course is over-estimating real speed by about 3mph officer Whistle

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4283/35452800535_e2620e429c_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4212/35412841576_b5669d6803_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4204/35322619791_e3cc785f6c_b.jpg

Really love this little thing. I shouldn't, because dynamically it's crap - but it's just got something so lovable about it Wub

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I don't go for a ride in the evening either. I am going to change that by going out tonight, mind. Not sure where yet or on which bike, but I'll grab a few pics when I do Smile

I also decided I don't go for a ride in the evenings enough either, so put that right tonight too.

Lanercost Priory:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9837_zpsfqchl6rv.jpg

I wasn't going to pay to go in, so that might have been a private road I parked on Whistle

First sighting of Hadrian's Wall on tonight's ride:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9843_zpsxxvaayk5.jpg

At Birdoswald:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9845_zpsqaygruem.jpg

I think that's Steel Rigg in the background:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9857_zpsvczjj1oz.jpg

I got there just as it closed, but again, I wasn't going to pay to look at the remains of the fort, as there's often not enough to make it worth your while at these places, but there was a footpath down by the site, so got a bit of a look:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9854_zpss5pzwgxl.jpg

Which confirmed there wasn't much to see.
It was still bleedin hot at this point, so headed up to the Hartside to cool down again. Some blasts from the past turned up:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9862_zpsl2elk75k.jpg

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9866_zpsfeaqr3tu.jpg

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9869_zpstokd9kyv.jpg

Then down t'other side through Melmerby, and a blast up the M6, but when I got back to Carlisle, felt like going a bit longer, so headed to the Solway Firth at Port Carlisle:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9873_zpsjjrvn6jz.jpg

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN9880_zpsfczwpvdp.jpg

But started to get eaten by midges there, so finally headed for home. It was like someone was throwing handfuls of bugs at me as I went, such that I thought it was raining at one point!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear you might have outdone me there Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I fear you might have outdone me there Laughing

I will not be beaten! Laughing

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:45 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I indeed did the same as you fellas and made use of the evening, despie having to do it on the NC750.

Headed to Loomies first for dinner via A272, then went exploring all the back roads around the area and ended up on Old Winchester Hill. Pretty nice views to be viewed. Also stopped and watch a buzzard rip apart what looked to be a rabbit. Saw cows. Sun set, went home. 70 miles were ridden. Fun was had!

https://s20.postimg.org/fi3adgy8d/PANO_20170621_192143.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/a7ybm6dzh/IMG_20170621_204255.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/uurml8mrx/IMG_20170621_204214.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/rmijugb4d/IMG_20170621_210505.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/t48ljr58t/IMG_20170621_210754.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/bfgus4thp/IMG_20170621_212445.jpg

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so, not today, but more a compilation of the last few days ..

Sunday 18th, did the bikers breakfast at Halfpenny Green on the Mash

https://www.staffsbiker.co.uk/staffordshirebikersbreakfasts/ First time down one of these. Also used the ride out to give my nephew a bit of a ride out experience on his 50cc scooter !!

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/mash_xy-400_roadstar_2015_20170618_halfpenny_green_1.jpg

Then Tuesday evening, decide to try the new meet at the Blythe Inn
https://www.theblytheinn.co.uk/ near Uttoxeter, went on the ST7

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/hyosung_st7_2016_20170620_the_blythe_inn_1.jpg

Stopped off for photos at a couple of places on the way back ...

Just outside Blythe

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/hyosung_st7_2016_20170620_blythe_1.jpg

Chartley Castle, the bright grey sky not so good for photos ..

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/hyosung_st7_2016_20170620_chartley_castle_1.jpg

And .. the Church at Weston

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/hyosung_st7_2016_20170620_church_weston_1.jpg

Then, yesterday, took the scenic route home from Leicester, and decided to take a photo at Blithfield reservoir, this, on the CF650, as that's now my main commuter bike, and this was on the way home to Wolves from work ..

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/cf650tr_2015_20170621_blithfield_lake_1.jpg

...... A quieter day today, and this evening is out as gimmer sitting !!

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Getting difficult to find original shots now.

try Kielder forest ... not that much difference in the millage from you.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Getting difficult to find original shots now.

try Kielder forest ... not that much difference in the millage from you.

Yeah, I have been there once, and no doubt will go again sometime. Thinking of doing the A701/702 loop again soon - had crap weather last time I did it, so might get something next time.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Thinking of doing the A701/702 loop again soon - had crap weather last time I did it, so might get something next time.

plenty there .. but not people or cars .. includin Police Police .. more sheep than anything else..
bin it and it will take days for someone to find you though.. Sick

still the roads and scenery are brilliant...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
Page 94 of 147