Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Where you been on your bike Today

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Certainly put some decent miles in this summer!

Mostly on the two Euro tours. I haven't done much in the UK this year; no trips to Scotland or Wales this year. I'm becoming very provincial, as my love affair with the Lake District deepens!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Mostly on the two Euro tours. I haven't done much in the UK this year; no trips to Scotland or Wales this year.

its cheaper over the water ; once you`ve paid the ferry crossing; and the quality of accommodation puts Scotland to shame ... less rain too and people .. would seem the boundary 500 has taken off and getting booked up is some what difficult at peak times.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:35 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
would seem the boundary 500 has taken off and getting booked up is some what difficult at peak times.

I did parts of it in May and September, so didn't have problems booking accommodation. Weather was good both times too, and the roads were virtually empty. But I've been hearing that more people are taking their holidays in the UK, because they're finding that cheaper. Unfortunately, apparently caravan holidays are on the rise too, although I haven't seen that much of this in the Lake District this year, as far as clogged roads are concerned anyway.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 27 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

850 miles done since Friday for me. Done a little tour to Wales, headed down via Alston, Penrith, then the A6 & M6 etc. stayed in Llandrindod Wells for 2 nights, done a big loop of the south and north on Saturday and headed back today via the Yorkshire Dales this time. Didn't really do much reading into routes just picked towns on the satnav and put in waypoints to form a decent looking route. Snowdonia was my favourite, especially Bala I think it was called. Was warned about police before going but barely saw a single copper.

I was going to do the NC500 in Scotchland but it seemed like too much of a faff on, plus it would have been around 1100ish miles I think. Looked into the IOM too but ferrys were £155 PP which was a bit rich, definitely want to go into Europe next year.

Didn't really get many pics as forgot the GoPro.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20170827_144722.jpg

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20170826_155233.jpg

It was my first time in Wales and I was expecting it to be a bit more rural, but as it turns out I really didn't need to bring any extra fuel with me. Plus on the longer runs my 990 was doing 180 miles to a tank so no worries.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 27 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferry from Tynemouth to ijmuden cost us £240 this year .. euro rate is crap and getting worse by the day .. start savin... keep hold of your fuel can if Italy & dolomites is on the itinerary

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 27 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
850 miles done since Friday for me. Done a little tour to Wales, headed down via Alston, Penrith, then the A6 & M6 etc. stayed in Llandrindod Wells for 2 nights, done a big loop of the south and north on Saturday and headed back today via the Yorkshire Dales this time. Didn't really do much reading into routes just picked towns on the satnav and put in waypoints to form a decent looking route. Snowdonia was my favourite, especially Bala I think it was called. Was warned about police before going but barely saw a single copper.

I was going to do the NC500 in Scotchland but it seemed like too much of a faff on, plus it would have been around 1100ish miles I think. Looked into the IOM too but ferrys were £155 PP which was a bit rich, definitely want to go into Europe next year.

Didn't really get many pics as forgot the GoPro.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20170827_144722.jpg

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20170826_155233.jpg

It was my first time in Wales and I was expecting it to be a bit more rural, but as it turns out I really didn't need to bring any extra fuel with me. Plus on the longer runs my 990 was doing 180 miles to a tank so no worries.

Good work! Did you manage to avoid the rain that is almost guarantee when in wales?

How much was the bridge for a bike?

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out in the New Forest today, but didnt take many decent pictures of the bike. Walked round Ashley Walk. Walked about 5 mile; nice day, saw some interesting birds and wildlife..

Found this, which turns out to be a arrow used in WW2 for bombing target practice.
https://s20.postimg.org/o5888p77x/IMG_20170827_134501.jpg

Here is a screenshot of it from google maps. You can see the Compas next to it also.
https://s20.postimg.org/vmzt6vqa5/Screenshot_2017-08-28_at_00.16.38.png

Stopped at the local pond for a coffee before home.

https://s20.postimg.org/4uwmbivv1/IMG_20170826_165841.jpg

Good day all round. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:56 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:

Good work! Did you manage to avoid the rain that is almost guarantee when in wales?

How much was the bridge for a bike?

What bridge? Shocked I came from Newcastle way so never went through any tolls.

Weather was brilliant, got really lucky I think. 20c and sunny Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:08 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
. Plus on the longer runs my 990 was doing 180 miles to a tank so no worries.

How are you finding it?

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it Thumbs Up I'm used to light bikes and not really having to brake for corners, obviously not as easy on a heavier bike but I was really wobbling around on right handers especially, lefts I'm completely fine with and can scratch my boot. Checked the front tyre and noticed it has worn very strangely:

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_20170827_125437.jpg

So I don't think I'll be getting these tyres next time, once you hit that ridge of less worn rubber the bike stands up a bit and it puts me off. I've done about 2000 miles since getting it last November, not sure how many miles the previous owner had put on the tyres.

Comfort wise, pretty decent but could do with a better seat. KTM-ness wise, the immobiliser was playing up when I had my satnav plugged into the 12v socket (right next to the ignition), some times it wouldn't even attempt to turn over and the light would just flash rapidly on the dash. Happened about 4 times and never again since Confused Fuel range like I said was very good on the longer runs, sitting at 85ish. I bet if you did sensible speeds (good luck) you could get 200 miles to a tank. Performance wise it I had a drag race with my mates z1000 and we were side by side until about 130....(km/h obviously). Sounds awesome and I love the induction roar of the v-twin, really addicting Wub

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tyre though brother Shocked

It's about what I think of mine - it's a cracking road bike. I haven't used it half as much as I should have though; might go for a ride on it in a bit.

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tyre is well past done. And the wear pattern isn't unusual for country riding.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex A wrote:
That tyre is well past done.

D'ya think so? Razz Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Reservoir Run' through the nicer bits of South to East Essex:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4354/36699980672_0a15bef639_c.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4381/36474494270_e9d4ff1fd8_c.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4346/36474497530_4b7621df2b_c.jpg[/url]

Went past Hanningfield Reservior first via the twisties, then aimed towards Maldon and set about following the Blackwater Estuary before cutting inland again and heading to Abberton. Didn't stop for long, just wanted to keep riding today. Slightly different route back via Tiptree and Great Totham before cutting past Hanninfield Reservoir again - this time for a quick picture stop - and then back home.

Tried my new SJ cam for the first time - I've got lots of random video clips, all of them vibrating to death because the camera is mounted to the bike Laughing

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good way to spend the bank holiday weekend arry! Nice pictures.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a trip out on the bike today. Ended up as usual at loomies. However, This time I decided to test the Calimoto App to get there.

It was, average. The map and UI was sluggish and not very attractive. Annoying, bossy yank navigation. In terms of the route it was ok. The first half was fairly boring, stop start route, but the latter was much more interesting. Definitely worth a couple more trys to see how it fairs to and through different locations.

Standard bike shot...
https://s20.postimg.org/5a3aqssel/PANO_20170828_180601.jpg

Fairly busy at Loomies.
https://s20.postimg.org/fyc3mr8p9/IMG_20170828_170237.jpg

Biking monstrosity, took him literally 5 mins to reverse out of the space.
https://s20.postimg.org/ifiswwma5/IMG_20170828_163814.jpg

Good day over all. Back home for a run and then chill in the garden for a well deserved beer.

Cool

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:07 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Good way to spend the bank holiday weekend arry! Nice pictures.

It was a lot better than usual. Usually falls on missus Arry's Birthday, so I don't often get to sod off on my own in this particular bank holiday. As it happens she wanted to go to stabby-stabville Notting Hill Carnival - to which I point blank refused - so she went with her mate and left me to it. Result.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:01 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the Mrs on a bimble out to east Essex and the Dairy Cabin in Burnham on Crouch.

Quite busy but a nice lunch followed and then another bimble back through the lanes towards Braintree, where we stopped off at J&S in Freeport, just for a desmond and then back through the lanes home.

Very enjoyable.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:05 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a couple of hours circuit yesterday evening out to Glastonbury and back around the houses with Mrs Grr as pillion.
Found a nice pub and stopped for a pint. Then went home, dropped off the Spacker, collected the dog and went out for
some dinner. Thumbs Up Mrs grr was much happier on the back with the new grabrail now fitted.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemed to me very high% of bikes out this weekend with Mrs (or Mr) on the back. Must be the Bank Holiday thing to do.

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:
I took the Mrs on a bimble out to east Essex and the Dairy Cabin in Burnham on Crouch.

Quite busy but a nice lunch followed and then another bimble back through the lanes towards Braintree, where we stopped off at J&S in Freeport, just for a desmond and then back through the lanes home.

Very enjoyable.

I stopped here for breakfast on Sunday lunch time Thumbs Up
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:41 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:
Like a mong, originally posted this in the "What have you done" thread.

Local hoon, bout 30 miles or so, much fun was had. Geezer at Tescos whose bike I parked next to came over for a chat and told me about fairly active bike thieves in the area. So shall be buying some extra security as soon as payday rolls around.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20819113_10155917954250288_2929206981284747816_o.jpg?oh=f84f1c8d38177cf0ac21b968e9c91fcb&oe=59EB1D2C

...and then I PM you Rolling Eyes Don't think ill of me, I'm just thick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few weeks ago I headed East to Hever Castle. But was defeated by the volume of traffic and entry price (which was something like £17 just for the gardens! Wasn't even a complementary blowjob by Lord/Lady of the house)

Having had some success heading West (once past New Forest things seem to get cheaper and traffic less of an issue).
Went to Sherborne Castle.......which is not exactly a castle, simply a smallish stately home. But there is a proper castle next door, but not much left of it and I wasn't paying for two things in one day.

The newer Sherborne Castle had been designed, built and owned by Sir Walter Raleigh (maker of excellent pedal bikes in the 80's and 90's).

I thought it was a bit meh, so only paid for the garden access, which was excellent at £6.
Very much enjoyed tea and cake.

https://i.imgur.com/xSyWNtL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c85180B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f2F3iOF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gVxaBnP.jpg

Paedophile Game of Thrones

https://i.imgur.com/AuXZSEa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iE4vEJH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fIyyIR0.jpg

About 240 miles, much of it top hoonary Thumbs Up

This weekend went to Wales because it was bank holiday weekend and 3 back to back dry days.
Battling traffic on the M4 on the way down was an eye opener. Been a while since I travelled on a bank holiday.

https://i.imgur.com/CM3cxbS.jpg

Lovely fish and chips down at Saundersfoot

https://i.imgur.com/MPuwAhT.jpg

A visit to Tenby which was heaving in town and quite busy on the beach. Last time I was here I was 10 and there were 10 people on the beach.
I also remember it being a bit run down. Not any more. Looks to be doing very well for itself. Thumbs Up

https://i.imgur.com/3WvkPXs.jpg

Visited the fort

https://i.imgur.com/K81G5mI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Y3OYfAZ.jpg

Good to see the same tractor haling the jetty on/off the beach 27 years later.

https://i.imgur.com/X1Q6tMI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fcFcDVi.jpg

Sunset on a splendid day. Rounded off with some drunken Karaoke in a field and shooting star spotting.

https://i.imgur.com/qXiRkPb.jpg

Campsite was just down the road from my Uncle's old house (which itself is just below the cemetery where he is now). Popped in to say hello.

Route home was going to be the M4 again. But the traffic on Monday was biblical, never seen anything like it.
I figured, if I'm forced into doing 20mph stop/start, feck it, I'll head north into the middle of Wales in the opposite direction. At least to say hello to some friendlier roads.

A40 St Clears to Manordeilo
A4069 to Llandovry (just a little taste)
A483 to Builth Wells
A481 to Llanfihangel (a new one to me and enjoyed it)
A44 to Leominster (poor road surface, but still more interesting than mway)
A417 to Ledbudy, Gloucester and Cirencester

Turned a 220 mile run into 330. But it was worth it Smile

Only did 550 miles in total.

Last edited by Pigeon on 21:56 - 29 Aug 2017; edited 2 times in total

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
The 'Reservoir Run' through the nicer bits of South to East Essex:

:

Hi Arry

That's a nice Enfield !! Thumbs Up I went for a bit of a run today on the ST7, weather wasn't the best, so, didn't bother with pics. Anyhow, went by Motorway up to Skem, then came back down to Wolves via the A49/A41, stoping off at a very quiet Raven for a burger & chips. All in all, just over 200 miles, on £15 worth of petrol, so, I'd say pretty good economics on th ST7 there Thumbs Up

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Job Pigeon. This is definitely my fave thread. Looks like you made the most of the weather. Rare to get three dry days on the trot in sheep land.

Nice work on the packing / balancing act. How do you find the striple on such long runs, comfy enough?

Last edited by Tracer1234 on 22:44 - 29 Aug 2017; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 238 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
Page 101 of 147