Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Where you been on your bike Today

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 08 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackwell, Warks, for a bike club AGM, 130 mile round trip.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:58 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Seemed to me like they did good business. In the summer, anyway.
Saw a report that said the owner said she wanted to get it up and running again, so maybe.

Times we been there are the week-end in high or at worst medium season .. week days would have told a different story ...

Don`t get me wrong ...I liked that place ... just think its hey day has passed ..... Look at that cafe in Keswick.. it has a much broader fan base.. take the bikes away from hartside and its empty.... my money is on a burger van that becomes a permanent fixture.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Seemed to me like they did good business. In the summer, anyway.
Saw a report that said the owner said she wanted to get it up and running again, so maybe.

Times we been there are the week-end in high or at worst medium season .. week days would have told a different story ...

Don`t get me wrong ...I liked that place ... just think its hey day has passed ..... Look at that cafe in Keswick.. it has a much broader fan base.. take the bikes away from hartside and its empty.... my money is on a burger van that becomes a permanent fixture.

But you used to get a lot more bikes at the Hartside, simply cos more room I suppose. Also, I think that kept other folks away (apart from Subaru idiots and their ilk). The Filling Station doesn't have the parking, plus, yes, gets the Lake District walkers and town folk etc, but even they close earlier through winter.
I think the owner of the Hartside must have some other income source to get them through the winter.
I would mourn the loss of the Hartside simply because it's at a convenient distance from home on a nice road to stop for a cuppa. So a burger van would do me. I didn't really go there because other bikes do - preferred during the week when it was quieter (and less Subaru idiots on the wrong side of the road to take you out).

Something like the tea hut at High Beech in Essex would be ideal for there. I'd want more than one person serving too - think of the queues on a busy day!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything just hibernates in the winter up there .. so a second income don`t know what that could be ... unless sheep farming Question Question

chickenstrip wrote:

Something like the tea hut at High Beech in Essex would be ideal for there. I'd want more than one person serving too - think of the queues on a busy day!

here you go .. https://goo.gl/maps/GZLCakbYrGD2

not many bikes get here .. but it is some where to go .. fuel near by and three or four staff servin..

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
Everything just hibernates in the winter up there .. so a second income don`t know what that could be ... unless sheep farming Question Question

Well, not working up there is what I mean.

Quote:
here you go .. https://goo.gl/maps/GZLCakbYrGD2

not many bikes get here .. but it is some where to go .. fuel near by and three or four staff servin..

That's the one we went to when we did Coniston Water that time, isn't it? It's a nice cafe, but parking would be problematic again if you were in a large group, or if it became popular with a lot of bikers. I stop at the Kirkstone Inn a fair bit, just for coffee. A decent cafe somewhere over the Wasdale side wouldn't go amiss though.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep .. thats the one .. its off the usual track for bikes .. usually the only bikes there ....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:08 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite Lake District routes takes me through Coniston, on the return part of my loop. I only usually stop there for fuel though. Got to admit, don't see many bikes there. One of the best biking roads in the Lakes region is when you turn in with the A595 towards Broughton-in-Furness on the way to Coniston; must be a little-known secret then!

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
must be a little-known secret then!

your way over south & west there ... most don't stray that far..
.. Alston Hartside Melmerby as far as the Race rep. brigade get....
same faces every time too..
...Poolybridge , Kirkstone , Ambleside Keswick the more adventurous .. not many at all stray further ...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:33 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
must be a little-known secret then!

your way over south & west there ... most don't stray that far..
.. Alston Hartside Melmerby as far as the Race rep. brigade get....
same faces every time too..
...Poolybridge , Kirkstone , Ambleside Keswick the more adventurous .. not many at all stray further ...

Good, innit! (for me) Mr. Green

Yeah, usually the BMW GS brigade if you see any over to the west at all. Definitely some of the best roads of the region over there though, if you just want a bit of riding fun, as opposed to scenic. I moved to Carlisle for a reason - best of both worlds!

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I moved to Carlisle for a reason - best of both worlds!

yep.. anyway next time i`m out for a bimble towards keswick fillin station cafe i`ll drop you a PM .. not much point stoppin at hartside Neutral

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I moved to Carlisle for a reason - best of both worlds!

yep.. anyway next time i`m out for a bimble towards keswick fillin station cafe i`ll drop you a PM .. not much point stoppin at hartside Neutral

Can do, but don't know that I'll be joining you - skint now Sad
I'm kind of waiting for an ideal day for one last ride.
You'd be welcome to stop by for a cuppa though, if you wanted to come through this way, although I suppose it wouldn't be a great route for you.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suspect it will a few weeks anyway ... take it the job market is a bit slack atm.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealing with some health issues that make it difficult to know what exactly I can do Rolling Eyes

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met up with a local bike group to do a loop around Kent. Not too long tonight as it got dark very quickly but around 40 miles of different roads.

Bike is filthy again!

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:27 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headed up to Fort WIlliam with my missus to stay with friends on Saturday morning. We went over the Sma Glen, and the North side of Loch Tay before a quick Cullin Skink stop at the Falls of Dochart and then on through Glencoe. Great run on the trusty triple, it copes admirably two-up. On Sunday morning, we were up good n' early and went for a blast to Mallaig for a bacon roll. That road, the A830, is stunning. It'd been a while for me. Breathtaking scenery, very fast, lots of sweepers and absolutely devoid of traffic. It doesn't get much better.

Stopped in Fort WIlliam for a coffee with friends again before heading back via largely the same route, except cross country via Lochearnhead and Crieff rather than Killin. Top stuff Thumbs Up

Loch na Creige was frozen over - quite a sight.
https://s9.postimg.cc/y4vlbgjxb/IMG_1074.jpg

Falls of Dochart, Killin
https://s9.postimg.cc/i6mvl4fcv/IMG_1097.jpg

Mallaig. This place is a dump but the road there from Fort Bill is spectacular
https://s9.postimg.cc/l0q0yk9tb/IMG_1876.jpg

Glencoe
https://s9.postimg.cc/o7kki79ov/IMG_1879.jpg

St Fillans, Loch Earn (with Still missing, unfortunately Crying or Very sad )
https://s9.postimg.cc/s3xwe67j3/045b0af3-05c0-4e83-a326-67b0dd5e7f23.jpg

On Sunday evening, I hadn't had enough so went for a solo blast to Braemar. It was cold.
https://s9.postimg.cc/l0q0ykwyn/IMG_1930.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/rpwkeixpb/route.jpg

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

derillius24 wrote:
Headed up to Fort WIlliam with my missus to stay with friends on Saturday morning. We went over the Sma Glen, and the North side of Loch Tay before a quick Cullin Skink stop at the Falls of Dochart and then on through Glencoe. Great run on the trusty triple, it copes admirably two-up. On Sunday morning, we were up good n' early and went for a blast to Mallaig for a bacon roll. That road, the A830, is stunning. It'd been a while for me. Breathtaking scenery, very fast, lots of sweepers and absolutely devoid of traffic. It doesn't get much better.

Stopped in Fort WIlliam for a coffee with friends again before heading back via largely the same route, except cross country via Lochearnhead and Crieff rather than Killin. Top stuff Thumbs Up

Loch na Creige was frozen over - quite a sight.
https://s9.postimg.cc/y4vlbgjxb/IMG_1074.jpg

Falls of Dochart, Killin
https://s9.postimg.cc/i6mvl4fcv/IMG_1097.jpg

Mallaig. This place is a dump but the road there from Fort Bill is spectacular
https://s9.postimg.cc/l0q0yk9tb/IMG_1876.jpg

Glencoe
https://s9.postimg.cc/o7kki79ov/IMG_1879.jpg

St Fillans, Loch Earn (with Still missing, unfortunately Crying or Very sad )
https://s9.postimg.cc/s3xwe67j3/045b0af3-05c0-4e83-a326-67b0dd5e7f23.jpg

On Sunday evening, I hadn't had enough so went for a solo blast to Braemar. It was cold.
https://s9.postimg.cc/l0q0ykwyn/IMG_1930.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/rpwkeixpb/route.jpg

I'm very jealous of the location but you can keep the cold.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

derillius24 wrote:
a blast to Mallaig for a bacon roll. That road, the A830, is stunning. It'd been a while for me. Breathtaking scenery, very fast, lots of sweepers and absolutely devoid of traffic. It doesn't get much better.

I think that is one of my favourites of Scotland, along with the A83 from Inverary to Lochgilphead. I agree with recman about the cold though!

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:38 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I think that is one of my favourites of Scotland, along with the A83 from Inverary to Lochgilphead. I agree with recman about the cold though!

It's top quality. I completely agree about the Inveraray to Lochgilphead route, too - one of my favourites. The roads are a treat, but the cold is biting!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no pictures today as I didn’t go anywhere scenic.

However I did take the Kawasaki ZX6R out for a spin today.
Ipswich to Colchester and back on some errands.
I is smile from ear to ear Thumbs Up

I keep thinking of selling the old Kwaka and then I take it out for a spin.
Now I know why I keep it Smile

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

derillius24 wrote:

Good choice of exhaust Thumbs Up

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: The Garage Bike Night Burnhope Reply with quote

The Garage Bike Night Burnhope

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:43 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A blast around the Lake District, about 120 miles.
Keswick for breakfast butty and cuppa, then along Thirlmere, which I caught pretty empty Very Happy
Down to Ambleside, and up The Struggle to the Kirkstone Pass, stopped for coffee.
Alongside Ullswater, also fairly quiet Very Happy , up to the A66.
A66= Twisted Evil Cleared the cobwebs.
Keswick again for another cuppa.
Then home, trounced a Porsche, so that was nice Smile

Lots of bikes about as you might imagine.
Feeling good Smile

6 months without riding, and didn't feel at all rusty Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just over 100 miles today around some local roads and over to Biggleswade. First real day out this year tbh, bike felt great now it can breathe a bit easier.

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went over to the Brecon Beacons, the A465 was closed so my route to pen y fan was a little trickier. I ended up riding along by the reservoir at Talybont on usk then going up from Merthyr tydfill.
Came back through Brecon through.

https://i.imgur.com/xEd4yvj.jpg

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round trip to the New Forest this weekend with the local Enfield group, for the Sammy Miller Museum Royal Enfield ride in. Only got soaked twice, and sunburnt once.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
Page 109 of 147